myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
WINDSPORT interviews Isobars. Please join in
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maxpowers

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: WINDSPORT interviews Isobars. Please join in Reply with quote

Alright guys, we're going to try something new. Isobars has agreed to a public interview right here on iWindsurf. The result of the interview will be published in the Closeout section of the next issue of Windsport magazine.

Please feel free to jump in ask Isobars your own questions, or just chime in with comments. He's a controversial figure here on iW, and we're ok with you asking the tough questions. However, please make sure to keep things civil; no insults. If you want to assert that he's a jerk, don't bother. Rather, tell us the story, give us the argument and let us make up our minds.

My article has a word limit around 800. If this gets packed with too much content, I'll probably write the article as a story rather than an interview. But it will be based off the information gleaned here. If it is doable in interview form, and you're question gets in, you will get full credit.

Isobars, because the article is so short, please try your hardest to keep your answers short. If that's not possible, please give me a summary sentence you're comfortable using, then elaborating.

Alright, with that said, let's get this thing started (wish I had done this while still in season so people are actually checking here):

Isobars, how did you start windsurfing?
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say that I'm very disappointed that you decided to do this.
bmmiller

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My question: Isobars, did you really windsurf with a football helmet for some time?
daviddk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn`t 10,000+ posts enough? What more could he possibly say?
maxpowers

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

schwandler: wait to see how it comes out. Either way, maybe we can do something better next time. Feel free to private message me with ideas. I don't generally like doing interviews. But if you've got one you wanna see, let me know. FYI, a controversial figure it more fun than fluff pieces.

Iso, you there? If you don't want to do this anymore, just let me know. We can get rid of this.
castnoshadow

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isobars, you have made claims that you own no less than 24 windsurf boards.

You are faced with the scenario where "God" requires that you donate all these boards to the CGWA except for 1, lest you be forced to spend the rest of your life consuming spent fuel rods from Hanford for breakfast every day.

1) Do you donate the minimum 23 boards (keeping just 1) to charity or eat the spent fuel rods on a daily basis but keep your entire baseball team roster of windsurf boards?

2) If you decide to keep just the one board, what board do you keep? Please specify year, manufacturer, size and model.

Brian

Last edited by castnoshadow on Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total
uwindsurf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't feed his ego. It will only get worse.
surfersteve

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question: You consistently make your opinion appear to be the most accurate, well-thought out statement possible in every scenario. Why are you so driven to negate others' experiences in order to justify your positions (feel free to edit for the actual interview?)
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: WINDSPORT interviews Isobars. Please join in Reply with quote

maxpowers wrote:
Alright guys, ... please make sure to keep things civil; no insults.

Isobars, because the article is so short, please try your hardest to keep your answers short. If that's not possible, please give me a summary sentence you're comfortable using, then elaborating.

Isobars, how did you start windsurfing?

Here are 72 coherent (I think) words, culled during brief moments of relative clarity from a whole thread on that topic in 2011:
“I grew up in the water, loved sports that offered endless unstructured total physical and mental exertion, and particularly loved the unfettered thrill of racing dirt bikes and snowmobiles WFO across wild, remote, untracked parts of Utah. When that threatened my life and limbs too often by the early ‘80s, I diverted their energy and objectives into one comparable but safer pursuit. Windsurfing is (usually) like dirt biking without all the pain.”

However … My post-op narcotics are kickling in, so my thinking and typing speeds have dropped to near zero. that too me an hour and nahalf I don’t hae=ve (see my latest update to my ACL thrwsd began last Jiuly for tuhe rerasons) of intrernse concentratin to clip, paste, edit, and correct, and is devoid of anu persojhnal topuch. Is it short4 enkough? I've been opaid bibg bucks to condense books an pages into opafragtraphds and words, but the pay ihere doesn't cover that lebel of effort and it ewold't be possbiel on these drugs.

Good luck with your request for civilituy from certain others, The questions you ASK for from them are wllcome amd ewill receive respionsees in kind. I reserve the rught ti have more fun ewith the usual suspects.
I'll cojmntiniue when and as I have the time and clarity to do it jusice. I literally can'e even figure out how to save thia for review later other than tryingf to copy and paste it to a separate document. I’vr been on a 50% overdose of oxycodone plus other frugs for a wek. I’m backing off now to hyrdocodone but don’t lnow how ready it will leave me for an intrevireew. T can take my literally 15 seconds to find and hit the “”“ sumbol, and it tkes me several minutes to read each sentendce I’ve yped to tell whether it makes any sense … let alomne cortrrenct indecipharable typos. I csan;’t berive IDIOTS take thias stuff fgor enterrtainment.

I’ll truy to post cohreent res;pndses to others’ legitinate questinds when and sa my head cvlears further and I can make the time. I’m hoopoing to clear our the hydrocodo0ne this wekend oif Tylenol will suffice.
dllee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

24 windsurf boards is no biggie.
I own close to that also. And 11 tennis rackets, 5 snowboards.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 1 of 25

Jump to: