myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Pipe dream? Obamacare
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 199, 200, 201  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isobars actually did get it partially correct. He parenthetically qualified his statement that insuring for a pre-existing condition is welfare _unless_ the risk is reflected in premiums.

Where he's partially wrong is to suggest that insurance that accepts a pre-existing condition (that means an ongoing risk, not the mere prior occurrence of an insurable event) does not show that in its premium schedules.

scottwerden got it right: insurance is the business of risk sharing and shifting. If the bean counters get it right, our economy bears the entire cost of every policy written and every claim made.

isobars

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott, you're not only talking self-contradictory nonsense, but deliberately distorting what I've said and fabricating my private life for me. Just for starters, you cleverly omitted my all-important "unearned" modifier, admitted that you "have no idea what the heck isobars is talking about" (the basic concept of actuary-based insurance), and fabricated my health insurance program (as I've stated many times, I pay cash for my primary, secondary, and tertiary insurance policies, and use VA facilities (not physicians, for God's sake) for some mundane, safe, non-invasive tests.
pueno

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Fick-shun wrote:
...and fabricating my private life for me...

Pretty funny coming from you, Mikey. You fabricate or twist, distort, misrepresent just about everything.

Mr. Fick-shun wrote:
...as I've stated many times, I pay cash for my primary, secondary, and tertiary insurance policies...

And you pay for your government disability, too. Well done, Mikey.

How come you DESERVE everything you take, but when others receive similar services, they're welfare bums, freeloaders, and takers?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contrary to Obama's promises, it turns out: You can't keep your doctor, you can't keep your insurance -- you can't even keep your job. In other words, it's a typical government program, but this one wrecks your health care.

Also, the president did raise taxes on the middle class in defiance of his well-worn campaign promise not to. Indeed, Obamacare is the largest tax hike in U.S. history.

Among the other changes effected by this law are:

-- Obamacare will allow insurers to charge 50 percent higher premiums for smokers, but prohibits insurers from increasing premiums for those with HIV/AIDS.

-- Nationally, Obamacare will increase men's individual insurance premiums by an average of 99 percent and women's by 62 percent. In North Carolina, for example, individual insurance premiums will triple for women and quadruple for men.

-- Health plans valued at $27,500 or more for a family of four will be taxed at a rate of 40 percent.

-- No doctors who went to an American medical school will be accepting Obamacare.

-- A 62-year-old man earning $46,000 a year is entitled to a $7,836 government tax credit to buy health insurance. But if he earns an extra $22 in income, he loses the entire $7,836 credit. He will have more take-home pay by earning $46,000 than if he earns $55,000. (If he's lucky, he already works for one of the companies forced by Obamacare to reduce employees' hours!)

-- Merely to be eligible for millions of dollars in grants from the federal government under Obamacare, education and training programs are required to meet racial, ethnic, gender, linguistic and sexual orientation quotas. That's going to make health care MUCH better!

-- Obamacare is turning America into a part-time nation. According to a recent report by economist John Lott, 97 percent of all jobs added to the economy so far this year have been part-time jobs. Ninety-seven percent!

-- Obamacare is such a disaster that the people who wrote it refuse to live under it themselves. That's right, Congress won a waiver from Obamacare.

Responding to the people's will, House Republicans first voted to fund all of government -- except Obamacare. Obama refused to negotiate and Senate Democrats refused to pass it.

Then the Republicans voted to fully fund the government, but merely delay the implementation of Obamacare for one year. Obama refused to negotiate and Senate Democrats refused to pass it.

Finally, the Republicans voted to fully fund the government, but added a requirement that everyone live under Obamacare. No more special waivers for Congress and their staff, and no waivers for big business without the same waivers for individuals.

Obama refused to negotiate and Senate Democrats refused to pass it. So as you can see, Republicans are the big holdup here.

A longtime Democratic operative, Karen Finney, explained the Democrats' intransigence on MSNBC to a delighted Joan Walsh (aka the most easily fooled person on TV) by comparing House Republicans to a teenager trying to borrow his mother's car. "No, I'm not negotiating!" Mother says. "It's MY CAR!"

This wasn't a stupid slip of the tongue that other Democrats quickly rejected. Finney had used the exact same metaphor to a panel of highly agreeable MSNBC guests the day before. (MSNBC books no other kind of guest.)

The left thinks the government is their car and the people's representatives are obstreperous teenagers trying to borrow the government. Which belongs to Democrats.

That's not how the Constitution views the House of Representatives. To the contrary, the House is considered most reflective of the people's will because its members are elected every two years.

As a matter of fact, the Republicans who mistakenly assume they have something to do with running the government represent most of the people who pay taxes to run it. So it's more like a teenager who is making the car payments, maintaining the car insurance and taking responsibility for registering the car being told: "It's not your car."

But the Democrats refuse to even negotiate. It's their government -- and if you Republicans think you're going out dressed like that, you've got another thing coming! Needless to say, they absolutely will not consider the Republicans' demand that Democrats merely live under Obamacare themselves.

Instead, Democrats say "the Koch brothers" are behind the effort to defund Obamacare.

They say Republicans are trying to "burn the whole house down" (Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz); "have lost their minds" (Sen. Harry Reid); are trying to negotiate "with a bomb strapped to their chest" (senior White House adviser Dan Pfeiffer); are "legislative arsonists" (Rep. Nancy Pelosi); and are engaging in "blatant extortion" (White House press secretary Jay Carney).

The MSNBC crowd calls Republicans "arsonists" every 15 minutes. They ought to check with fellow MSNBC host Al Sharpton. He knows his arsonists! In 1995, Sharpton whipped up a mob outside the Jewish-owned Freddy's Fashion Mart with an anti-Semitic speech. Sometime later, a member of the mob torched the store, killing seven Hispanic employees.

Every single Democrat in the country uses the exact same talking point: We "refuse to negotiate with a gun being held to our head."

Which means the Democrats will not negotiate at all -- not now, not ever. House Republicans have already passed three-dozen bills defunding, or otherwise modifying, Obamacare. Senate Democrats and liberal commentators had a good laugh at Republicans for passing them.

Now they're paying attention!

If you are in the minority of Americans not already unalterably opposed to Obamacare, keep in mind that the only reason the government is shut down right now is that Democrats refuse to fund the government if they are required to live under Obamacare.

COPYRIGHT 2013 ANN COULTER
coboardhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question Stevenbard

Are you interested in having a real conversation, using some actual real facts, from some real sources on the ACA and healthcare ecomomics in general or do you plan on continuing to regurgitate the right wing BS?

"Repeat a lie often enough and it will be believed" Dr. Paul Joseph Goebbels, Adolph Hitler's Propaganda Minister.
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coulter not involved in truth.
I am keeping my doctor and ins. No problem.
I remember when most of the conservative papers dropped her syndication for repeated racist remarks in her editorials during the Clinton years.
She seems to steer away from overt racism these days to save what is left of her career.
pueno

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:

- Blah, blah, blah, more rabid right wingnut BS...

COPYRIGHT 2013 ANN COULTER

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
mac

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ann Coulter? You have to be kidding. Not even her hair is real.
pueno

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Not even her hair is real.

In defense of Coulter, I will say that her indignation, outrage, offensiveness, abrasiveness, vitriol, bigotry, and Obama hate appear to be real.

So, she's not 100% unreal.
pointster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's all save some time and just go straight to the talking points on page six of the Tea Party Patiots Defund Obamacare Toolkit:

http://www.teapartypatriots.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Tea-Party-Patriots-Defund-Obamacare-Toolkit-Final.pdf

[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 199, 200, 201  Next
Page 69 of 201

Jump to: