myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Obama vs. the Tea Party--who can lead?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
"The healthcare law is LAW. It's been settled."

LOL, so was prohibition, slavery, and the defense of marriage act.
That excuse got worn out long ago.

I'm not suggesting that laws cant be changed, I brought it up in the context that Clownshow Cruz is attempting to derail it, when a majority of his own Senate comrades dont support him. He looked like Steve Martin in the movie "the jerk" , all alone , and disillusioned.
The biggest fear for the Republican Party is that this thing, the ACA, works! If it is successful, the Repubs wont sniff the whitehouse until January of 2025...NW, how old will you be in January 2025?
mac

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard--it was basically a Republican law, from implementation in Massachusetts to original drafting by conservatives worried about the uninsured freeloading on us tax and insurance payers. The Republican leadership forbid any of the moderate party members to negotiate changes in exchange for support. So Obama outsmarted them, and the deal with Big Pharma was part of the price he had to pay. But some of the know-nothings have called that a lack of leadership. LOL. That's what amateurs in politics get--like the Kiwi's in race 15--rolled by a faster moving force.

NW--there is nobody among the Tea Baggers that is capable of either counting votes, or realizing that it matters in politics. That's what happens when you put amateurs in government that know nothing about it, and are carefully selected from the crackpots who hate government. They have zero chance of changing the law--because they have zero understanding of how to make or change a law.

Darwinism in politics at work.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101060384

This is what Obama has done to our economy over the last 5 years. This is not a Republican feat. Now so many of you think taxation will level this. I could not disagree more. It will just put another obstacle in front of the middle class.

The 1% couldn't be happier with Obama.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we can put a fork in Cruz, he's done:

Quote:
Editorial

The Embarrassment of Senator Ted Cruz

By THE EDITORIAL BOARD

Published: September 24, 2013

Senator Ted Cruz of Texas, the public face of the aimless and self-destructive Tea Party strategy to stop health care reform, began an endless floor speech on Tuesday with the theme of “make D.C. listen.” But even his Republican colleagues had long since stopped paying attention to his corrosive bombast, tired of his pious insults to his own party and unimpressed with his eagerness to shut down the government in pursuit of an ideological dream.

For Op-Ed, follow @nytopinion

Like hard-liners in the far right corner of the House, Mr. Cruz has grabbed for every possible lever in his campaign against President Obama’s health law, fully aware that he will not succeed but eager for the accolades and donations that will inevitably follow from the Tea Party’s misguided faithful. In the process, he has demonstrated how little he understands Senate rules and, more important, how little he appreciates the public’s desire for a collaborative Congress.

Mr. Cruz’s campaign to defund health reform consists largely of an absurd plan to filibuster the very House bill that kept the government from closing and defunded the health law, a notion that was rejected by the Senate minority leader, Mitch McConnell, and most Senate Republicans. After he lost their support, he began an extended tirade anyway, a stunt that might resemble a filibuster but in fact will have to end Wednesday morning before a prescheduled vote on the House bill takes place.

In just the first hour of his speech, Mr. Cruz said his fellow senators were no more sincere than professional wrestlers and that accepting the health law was like appeasing the Nazis. His own goal of tearing down the law, he said, was a dream on par with President John F. Kennedy’s promise to put a man on the moon. This combination of grandiosity and pure nastiness helps explain why the senator has become the least popular man in Washington.

But it also shows why the Tea Party’s plans will inevitably fail. Americans may remain confused about the health law, but they aren’t interested in a government shutdown or credit default to get rid of it. Mr. Cruz may love the spotlight, but, when it fades, he will find he was only speaking to himself.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the vote 100-0? He didn't even vote his "belief?" What part of putting amateurs in politics is a good idea? The part where they can't even count to one, much less a veto-proof majority?
keycocker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I read Bard is right.
The Teas actually regard him as a hero for faking a filibuster and then voting for the law himself.
WTF?
mac

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And for reading Doctor Seuss, so we can forget "My Pet Goat?"
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
And for reading Doctor Seuss, so we can forget "My Pet Goat?"

From my standpoint he was trying to get the press to cover him. He did a great job at that.

This was Barnum and Bailey at its best. But all 450 of them and the president are tap dancing. This whole thing is a farce. Cruz tries to put a stop to government intrusion into peoples lives and you criticize?

They might as well put a feeding tube into the voters mouths with a sewer pipe coming out of their asses and warehouse them in cages. What's next?

For those of you on the left that think these actors care about you, you are out of your minds. They are actors and pitch men. Don't be fooled. This is a bad deal. The same holds true for most on the right.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard--I am with you on stopping warrantless spying and what is essentially phone-tapping. It is marginally legal when Obama does it, while it was absolutely illegal when Bush did it. But that is not what this is about. It is about the far right pinning their hopes for re-ascendance to power on undoing Obama-care and austerity. Both of those issues are irrelevant to most. Arguing that there is leadership from Cruz, rather than a publicity stunt, suggests you've had one too many brews. Dropping like a stone...
keycocker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard did the man do a stunt to turn the eyes of the press on him as you say?
Or did he make a serious attempt to stop gov. intrusion as you say?

Our boys do this to get attention and it isn't easy to make them see that when the attention takes the form of people regarding you as a fool, it is not effective at getting you laid.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
Bard did the man do a stunt to turn the eyes of the press on him as you say?
Or did he make a serious attempt to stop gov. intrusion as you say?

Our boys do this to get attention and it isn't easy to make them see that when the attention takes the form of people regarding you as a fool, it is not effective at getting you laid.

I think there is Barnum and Bailey in all 453 of them including Cruz. Dr. Seuss was uncalled for, but it got him the needed press coverage he desired. I like Paul and Cruz though. I hope they pull the party together because McCain and Graham just don't get it. Govt intrusion is what I hope they stand against. Undeclared war also. You just never know what anybody's motivation is, do you?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 40 of 59

Jump to: