myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beallmd

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notch another 4.0 day at Washoe; supposed to happen again tomorrow. Enjoying it because it will end soon.
buzzwordbrad

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: sierra point marina launch Reply with quote

game at candlestick so five of us launched at various points on the north side of the sierra point marina / office park instead of the usual candlestick launch. nice grass to rig on, plenty of parking, dicey walk down on the rip rap, but otherwise very accommodating. good power for couple hours on 4.5 to 5.0 size sails though choppy. wind was actually much lighter closer to the normal stick launch so ended up sailing from the highway down to the last pier. no problem getting upwind or back to the launch. would definitely launch from there again.
dvCali

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: sierra point marina launch Reply with quote

buzzwordbrad wrote:
game at candlestick so five of us launched at various points on the north side of the sierra point marina / office park instead of the usual candlestick launch. nice grass to rig on, plenty of parking, dicey walk down on the rip rap, but otherwise very accommodating. good power for couple hours on 4.5 to 5.0 size sails though choppy. wind was actually much lighter closer to the normal stick launch so ended up sailing from the highway down to the last pier. no problem getting upwind or back to the launch. would definitely launch from there again.

Interesting, always wondered where to launch on that side. Sierra Point is often weaker but a different launching spot is good to have Very Happy
dllee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sierra get's to be the windiest of the 4 landfill spots late in the season, starting about.....now. Oct thru early Nov can have winds at Sierra and none at Oyster, Haskins, or Stick. Keep an eye on it on SW winds.
dsgrntlxmply

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Bodega, Sun. Sept. 22 Reply with quote

Three sailors out including myself. The first gave up and left before I decided to rig. The second was on 6.2 and went out at the same time that I did. I was on 7.3, relaxing slog (no trouble staying upwind) to near-planing then almost dead in the water. The wind came up a little after I gave up (ebb to excessive weed challenge), and the other guy was planing most of the way back on a couple of reaches before it got too shallow.

It was better than not sailing, and I got some harness practice on the 7.3.
dllee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berkeley Tuesday, 5.5 and 49cm wide slalom board, 28 blade fin, about right, then the inhaul rope breaks and the backing piece flys past my eyes less than 6" away. I retrieve it, and put everything almost back together for a slog home, no going back out, well done.
windward1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Natural Bridges 09-24-2013 Reply with quote

Natural Bridges today. Gusty! Gusty!! Gusty!!! Almost more workout than fun. Two windsurfers out. 5.2 & 4.7
dvCali

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Coyote 09-24-2013 Reply with quote

Very windy at Coyote all afternoon, way overpowered with 4,3 for a while! Could easily have been 3.7. Good crowd out, about 12 people trying to cope with the conditions Shocked Beautiful late afternoon sailing when the wind died down a bit, still enough power to go strongly with 4.3 + Acid 74L
dsgrntlxmply

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Bodega, Wed. Sept. 25 Reply with quote

5.3, perfectly powered at first, then difficult to control, then alternating between difficult to control and insufficient. Typical Bodega gustiness.

It was nice, given the first mostly-planing conditions in weeks, to have a prompt waterstart then immediately get onto a plane and dialed-in with the sail, and stay that way most of the way out, until I got to a troublesome zone (too much chop, too little wind).
dvCali

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Coyote 09-25-2013 Reply with quote

VERY windy at Coyote all afternoon, wind was as strong as the 24th with particularly vengeful 30' at around 5pm ... way overpowered with 4,3 all afternoon, I retreated at 5:30 with the wind still going very strong ... I need a new 3.7. At least 6-8 people out, one kite that quickly gave up.

Chop was quite horrible, maybe because of the big flood, no matter if sailing close to shore, up toward Embassy or in the channel could not find an organized spot. Not too much fun ... too many bumps Mad

Last edited by dvCali on Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 23 of 329

Jump to: