myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dukgyb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carry a marine radio, it provides wonderful peace of mind
dllee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got 2 Rod&Gun round 5:10, rigged immediately and hemhawed for 20 minutes, mud crawled out, slogged for 10', and powered to wound up for 30 jibes, meaning 15 runs. Came in because boom kept slipping, not great in 25+ winds, on 5.5 and 99 liter board.
G/F stayed out till 7, planing always on a 5.5 and 111 board. Winds out near the channel were easy over 26 mph, but kinda shifty and dead on the inside 1/4 of the bay.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zirtaeb...thanks for reminding me why I dont sail that stinky pit anymore.
tstizzle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Washoe Reply with quote

beallmd wrote:
Washoe Sunday was sunny, warm, clear of smoke and 5.0 sailing all afternoon. About 15 windsurfers and 30 kiters. Very nice for fall. hoping for more.

is it typically good in the fall?
bert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Third Reply with quote

'Bout 22-25 knots at noon so I rigged my brand new 4.2 Hucker/80L Realwind. Wind came up to 35 by 1:30 so I came in and tightened the sucker and was really impressed at how stable that sail is..just wish my board was smaller. What a great day!
dvCali

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Coyote Sep 17th Reply with quote

Great day at Coyote, first out with too small stuff (RRD 75 + SF 3.7), came back and rigged 4.3 and had a great day. At 4:40 the wind dropped a little bit and I grabbed my 85L for another solid hour in beautiful swell in the channel: big, smooth, little chop Very Happy

Only 4-5 sailors out, and the Coast Guard stopped by at 6:15 asking if we all made it back: they found a board at third avenue with no rig attached ... hopefully nothing bad happened but it was a bit ominous
beallmd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Washoe jumped up again today; 30ish with higher gusts. Washoe does get high wind but not that often. 3.7's and such do get some use. Fall is catch as catch can with incoming fronts, this one really delivered, last night Monday was good too after an excellent Sunday sesh. But we can go 7 to 10 days with nothing too.
veterduet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Berkeley Wednesday Reply with quote

Constantly planing on a 6.0 from 1:30 to 3. Looked ok later, but further out past the restaurant.
dllee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough love at Berk starting at 5.
Looked 17, rigged a 6.6 and 99 liter, got one run in under 24mph rising winds, then 1/2 hour in well over 27 gusts, with a jibe spot about 1/3 out, thank god. Boom started to slip, came in to raise it, winds drops to 6, then immediately goes Easterly, blowing my sail across the dock from the wrong direction.
windward1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Natural Bridges 09-19-2013 Reply with quote

Natural Bridges was great again today. Five windsurfers showed up and two left as they thought the wind was too light. They should have stayed as it came up. The three that sailed were on a 4.7, a 5.6 and a 7.0. Yeah, yeah. don't ask!
There was a glassy patch downwind of some kelp that did not show any wavelets yet the wind was fairly strong above it. It was fun crossing it as it was quiet and no visible signs of wind yet great speed. My board was making a humming sound I had not heard before. Probably drowned out by the usual wavelets making their chatter in 'normal' conditions.
What a beautiful autumn day. Good wind, blue skies, blue water, flocking birds, warm air and warm water. Life is good!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 22 of 329

Jump to: