myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Obama vs. the Tea Party--who can lead?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keycocker , good on ya, uber strong program!! you are the dean of windsurfing travel!!
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
KC....$30k /yr to be an international windsurf bum? Are you kidding? I'm putting in my notice today!!!!

Hold on, he didn't tell you about the fine wine, exotic cars, and expensive windsurfing gear..... Laughing I spend about $3k per year on gear, and then fire-sale it.
keycocker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard makes a good point.
Things I don't buy:
Shoes
Heat
Rent
very much gasoline
clothes except Tshirts.
Much meat
alchohol
cigarettes
cable TV
We do buy:
$10K in tickets and overweight baggage
Rice and beans

Since we make more than $32K a year we also have money for
exotic cars
Argentina wine
and of course $3K a year on gear. Laughing
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted Cruz, the next pipsqueak in line , after previous pipsqueaks, Rand Paul, and Marco "sippee cup" Rubio...reading "Green eggs and Ham" to his daughters in Texas , as part of a faux-filibuster, in an effort to derail a law. Tea Party'ism at its best. popcorn please?
coboardhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Ted Cruz, the next pipsqueak in line , after previous pipsqueaks, Rand Paul, and Marco "sippee cup" Rubio...reading "Green eggs and Ham" to his daughters in Texas , as part of a faux-filibuster, in an effort to derail a law. Tea Party'ism at its best. popcorn please?

Hillary is likely interviewing cabinet members and Bill the new interns for 2017 after watching this clown show.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To further the clownshow, and show the kind of "look at me " moment Mr Cruz just had...its now reported that the bill will get 90+ votes, AND include CRUZ. SO, in summary, he just wasted an entire day, and the Republican House is pissed, because they want the option of sending the bill BACK to the Senate before Monday.
A clownshow indeed.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May be a clown show, but he did just what his constituents wanted. That is why they are elected. And, if The R's loose more seats, the final showdown will be when Janet Yellin pulls the plug on Mortgages and Bonds.

This healthcare law gets dirtier and dirtier by the day. 300+ large corporations have already announced layoffs and hours cut. Bernanke won't pull the plug because he knows how bad it's going to get. Minimum wage going up in Cali? Disposable income probably will fall over the long run, as it has for the past 5 years. Sooner or later the useful idiots will wake up.

Inflation is their only hope now....But don't bet on it.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve , that's bs. The healthcare law is LAW. It's been settled. Cruz's job is represent his state, and there are 800000 uninsured children in his state , he should work to make sure his party , and state are fairly represented. Fighting for something that has a zero percent chance of passage is foolish and unproductive .
nw30

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The healthcare law is LAW. It's been settled."

LOL, so was prohibition, slavery, and the defense of marriage act.
That excuse got worn out long ago.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy Mangione told Fox News veteran reporter Jim Angle that nothing had changed about the health of his wife, himself, or their two boys.

"This is a high deductible plan where I'm assuming a lot of risk for my health insurance for my family," Mangione told Fox News. "And nothing has changed, our boys are healthy—they're young—my wife is healthy. I'm healthy, nothing in our medical history has changed to warrant a tripling of our premiums."

The Mangiones's insurance company, Humana, declined to comment. Humana did, however, include the following explanation in the rate spike announcement letter:

If your policy premium increased, you should know this isn't unique to Humana—premium increases generally will occur industry-wide. Increases aren't based on your individual claims or changes in health status. Many other factors go in to your premium including: ACA [Affordable Care Act—also known as Obamacare] compliance, including the addition of new essential health benefits.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 38 of 59

Jump to: