myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Racism and America
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 455, 456, 457  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A cute little puppy in a flame-bait thread, aah man, that's harsh.

And yes mac, it's a flame-bait thread, you tried to lay today's racism (what of it there still is, in the eyes of the BHO supporters anyway) at the feet of the tea party.

Why do you feel like you need to play that card again?
Actually, never mind, I already know your motives.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPEAK LOUDER! HE CAN'T HEAR YOU IN THAT HOLE! Laughing Laughing Laughing
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I think Mac is too quick to pull the race card on other posters on this forum. But, one would have to have a very well developed sense of denial to not see that the right side of the Rebublican party and the Tea Party looks the other way (at best) when their members practice racially based prejudice.

Mac is a idealist. Many in the Democrat Party are not. They are perfectly willing to let the Republicans hang themselves by their continual practice as a party of exclusion. I would think that the Republicans would want to be very sure they distanced themselves from the racists before they lose big again in the next Presidential election.

Here's a clue to the Republicans...do not shop for your candidate in the Tea Party! Seriously, I want a choice in the next election.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well at least CB reads for content. It is the looking the other way that matters. I doubt that more than 5% of Americans are now bigots--but they are all in the Republican Party now, and the Republicans look the other way rather than disavow their messages. Tancredo is a case in point, and you can find similarly bigoted comments from both Rand and Ron Paul. Without a doubt the voter control efforts are intended to reduce black and Hispanic voting, not necessarily because the Republicans proposing to do it think that they are unqualified to vote (except, of course, the delightful Tancredo)--but because they see political advantage out of it. That is the essence of racism 2.0.

But go ahead, listen to Drudge and Talk Radio, and chant along, only racists think there is still racism in America.

NW--awesome empathy.
nw30

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
I doubt that more than 5% of Americans are now bigots--but they are all in the Republican Party now.

Amazing! Coming from a source basher! Where do you get all your brilliant info?

I'd love a source on that one, teach.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
mac wrote:
I doubt that more than 5% of Americans are now bigots--but they are all in the Republican Party now.

Amazing! Coming from a source basher! Where do you get all your brilliant info?

I'd love a source on that one, teach.

NW....you dont need a source, just ask yourself how many African-Americans vote Rethug.
This is funny...NW...what do you like more , the ACA, or Obamacare? Hilarious.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/republicans-like-affordable-care-act-more-than-obamacare
mac

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one's for you NW. Drag those knuckles.

Quote:
The FBI has released thousands of documents from its file on U.S. Sen. Daniel Inouye of Hawaii, some of which show the late lawmaker was the target of racially and politically motivated threats of violence.

The documents also mention unsubstantiated allegations of bribery.

The Honolulu Star-Advertiser and other news media requested the FBI's files on Inouye shortly after the senator died last December at age 88. The FBI publicly posted the documents Monday in The Vault, the bureau's online reading room, which also contains once-private files on other prominent politicians, celebrities, gangsters and fugitives.

During the Watergate hearings in August 1973, a telephone caller told the Baltimore Morning Sun he was going to kill Inouye, the Star-Advertiser reported.

"I fought those people in WW II and simply don't like them," the caller, who finished with obscenities and a claim that Inouye would be shot, said, according to the FBI's report.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/US/Inouye-FBI-Files/2013/09/17/id/526249#ixzz2fFspbRSr
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My family comes from the South and I have occasional contact with racists.
Two are far right Republicans from Ohio. The others do not get involved in politics, hate Muslims and Catholics about equally.
I think 5% is a low guess. There may be a lot of racists who don't speak up.
A TV special I saw had no trouble finding folks who strongly admit to racism on the streets of Mobile Alabama and elsewhere in the South.
Don't forget those who are indifferent to blacks but hate American Indians and a another large group that only hates Muslims.
Thatlastgroup may be more than 5% alone.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a rhetorical flourish, NW asks why I tied persistent racism to the Tea Party?

Quote:
Why do you feel like you need to play that card again?

It seems that I started with Alabama, home of Bull Connor, George Wallace, Mike Fick, and the John Birch Society. To see how things have changed:

Quote:
Nearly a week after the University of Alabama came under fire for persistent segregation in its sorority system, school officials are set to announce a deal that would clear the way for black women to be admitted to the school’s prestigious and historically white Greek organizations.

The deal, which a university spokesperson confirmed to TIME, is the first step toward ending more than a century of systematic segregation in the school’s sorority system.

The move comes after a story last week in the school’s student newspaper, the Crimson White, about a highly qualified black student being denied a bid to join any of the school’s prestigious, historically white sororities. Despite receiving excellent scores during the recruitment process from current sorority members, the young woman — who requested that her name not appear in the paper’s story — was reportedly blocked by alumnae. The sole reason, according to current sorority members: she was black. Another black woman was also denied a bid. Some alumnae even threatened to pull financial support from their sororities if they accepted black members.

Read more: http://nation.time.com/2013/09/16/university-of-alabama-moves-to-end-segregated-sorority-system/#ixzz2fLqX1HiS

Now let's turn to the Tea Party. I haven't said that you must be bigoted to belong to the Tea party--I've said that bigots turn to the far right political organizations. I could give you more, and of course you can find plenty of tin-hat video of bigots at Tea Party rallies. But this one is pretty chilling.

Teas and religious rightists have taken over the school board in Springboro, Ohio, where they are trying to introduce creationism as science, and teaching of the "Constitution" that argues that this is a Christian nation, despite the lack of references in the real Constitution. They are relying on groups with ties to the League of the South, an unabashedly racist organization. Support for this agenda comes from groups like ALEC--with roots in the JBS and funding by the Koch's, and wing nut organizations like the Institute on the Constitution and the National Center for Constitutional Studies. Of course, Tea Party stalwarts like Sonny Thomas speak at school board hearings, given extra time to unfurl Confederates flags and use racial slurs. And Tea Party activists are sometimes prominent at gatherings of the League of the South, singing the praises of the Confederate South.

But this doesn't get reported on Drudge, and folks like NW can't handle the truth.
keycocker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the Teas I spoke with were on Maui and seemed neither racist or white. They were older oriental ladies, concerned about wasting tax money.
One guy from Ohio said supportive things about Teas and hates blacks, but wasnt a Tea himself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 455, 456, 457  Next
Page 2 of 457

Jump to: