myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
IRRESPONSIBLE KITER 8-15-2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maxpowers

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuyT, are you the guy that posts his sailing stats? Those are pretty cool. Not sure it's really my gig, and if Windsurfing did it already... well, I don't want to just rehash it. But if you've got something else going on, I'm always into writing about anyone if they make it interesting.

Mo, thanks for clearing that up.
GuyT

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxpowers wrote:
GuyT, are you the guy that posts his sailing stats? Those are pretty cool. Not sure it's really my gig, and if Windsurfing did it already... well, I don't want to just rehash it. But if you've got something else going on, I'm always into writing about anyone if they make it interesting.

Mo, thanks for clearing that up.

Well, my wife is a better windsurfer than I, you could do an interview with me to see how I feel about that. Wink Wink Wink
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxpowers wrote:
Your last sentence is a bit strange to me. I'm from the US, even grew up in the Gorge. What did you mean by the "we tend not to engage each other in such a manner?"

More a comment about Isobars approach of aggresive rudeness which he has made reference to in the past. The "whole in-your-faceness" of wanting to slam people with lawsuits. That is more an American type attitude than you will find in Canada. Perhaps that is a negative stereotype more than anything.

You should do a story on GuyT and his crew from Quebec. Those guys are great to watch and be around. I've witnessed their glory at Sandbanks Provincial Park in Ontario. Another great story would be the "SBX Free For All" https://www.facebook.com/groups/WindsurfFree4All/ It is a fun get together / contest of windsurfers headed by one of the Quebec crew. http://www.nordroi.blogspot.ca/. The first one was last year and this year has added more dates and venues.

I'm not saying the Isobars story would be boring. I'd buy the magazine just to read that alone.

BTW, Windsport is a great magazine. You mentioned it is mostly American content but I actually refer to it as the "Phil Soltysaik news." Which is cool by me, as I love that guy. He started out as the young guy trying endlessly to nail Vulcans near shore at Beaverton, Lake Simcoe, Ontario while the rest of us mowed the lawn. He was always one of my favourite people to see there as I would pull into the parking lot. He would drag me out there doing runs at trying to nail backloops all the while hooting at our crashes. I miss having his big smile around.

Mitch I envy that you were blessed with growing up in the Gorge. That truely is my favourite place to visit.
WMP

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coyotewindsurf wrote:
maxpowers wrote:
WMP, are you calling me a kook? Man, this place it making me dumber every day.

Mitch, the kook Pete (WMP) is referring to is
Mr. Pants on Fire (aka isobars.)
Context is lost because so many of Pete's posts have been deleted by lop-sided moderation in this thread. No doubt this post will be deleted in just a few moments.

Thanks mo for clarifying that kook, it's hard to post here when everything keeps getting deleted.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxpowers wrote:
How do you PM on here?

At the bottom of each individual post are two small buttons/blocks labeled Profile and PM (Private Message). Click on PM beneath any post, and up pops a PM window addressed to that poster. The problem with PMs is their lame notification system; unless we check Send Email Notification of New Private Message, all we get is a tiny, obscure "You've got mail" or something to the equivalent near the top of the page. It's easy to miss. Email works a lot better.

You sound sincere, so I'm inclined to believe you're on the level (years of others’ games leaves one cynical). Look up at that Message Center term just below where it says "Hi maxpowers" and you'll see that you have an unread message. Click on that for a PM from me containing my email address and phone number.

I suggest you base any opinion of me on what I've actually posted, in full context, rather than on isolated, out of context (like the “molester” and “pedophile” parodies), misleading, and distorted and/or fully fabricated takeoffs of my posts. The two are worlds apart. Many of these people get off on baselessly attacking any politically right of center OR high profile OR argumentative (I love debate) individual, and I qualify on all three counts. The pack circles, chortles like hyenas (more like Beevis and Butthead), and craps in our punchbowl whenever I enter a thread, in a desperate attempt to drown out my facts, opinions, and logic with BS, ad hominem, and libel. Several have pleaded with iW to censor me altogether, because they are apparently incapable of the adult solution: NOT LOOKING (or using software filters, which reduces the splatter and rubbernecking.)

Poor babies. No wonder so many of them vote Democrat and live in California.

I ignored it for years, leading one kind poster to designate me as the epitome of grace under pressure and nominate me for president. (She changed that tune when I occasionally chose to lob a few important, necessary, and proven grenades back at ‘em or simply chose to continue debates with willing individuals past others' patience limits.) The best way to send them scurrying when they crank up their attack machine is to turn on the lights with two words: “Prove it”. Their responses include the sound of crickets, pictures of the Wizard of Oz, cartoons, non sequiturs, and/or more of the SOS.
WMP

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mulekick84 wrote:
He'll pick a fight with you in the first few minutes...guaranteed!

Unless, of course, iso wants to play him like a violin.... indeed, to groom him into a tool. What better way to unleash the kook's venomous poison on the world of windsurfing..... through a magazine.
SuperNuker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Rolling Eyes Why is it that everyone's posts are deleted at random except for Isoborings? Seems a bit slighted and makes this forum, well can I just use the word lame?! There is by far more crapola being spewed by the fickster than anyone else here. Shame on IW for not deleting Iso's negative messages he continually delivers towards other river users. As this thread (and many others) points out, we don't need his opinions.
I wonder, would this forum die or thrive without him? Hard to say but either way I would guess it would be a much happier place if he were moderated at the same rate as everyone else.
Read this fast before it gets......deleted!! Twisted Evil
GuyT

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mitch, now seriously, an interview with Isobars in a windsurfing magazine?

I would rather read articles on inspirational Gorge sailors, for starters, Jim Oaks. Don't know too many sailors who do loops at 62 years of age and are still humble about it.

You could also interview a true local that was here before the windsurfing era and jumped in the wagon. Not sure, but Stevenson's Bob would qualify.

Or how about an interview with Scotty Freeman (owner of Gorge Surf Shop)? This guy is funny and has a lot of anecdotes to tell. And yes, he's almost Canadian, or at least, he knows a lot about Hockey. Wink

And why not, an article on IWindsurf, I am sure there's a lot to say: the history, the future, the tech...

Last edited by GuyT on Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

westender wrote:
I bet Iso gets free grease from Iwindsurf when his hinges squeak. The rest of us suffer along.

Actually, it's just the opposite. The only time I've gotten any results from iW moderators was when I (and I assume others) complained about Rat-Bro-Man's pushing drugs in a forum kids read. Even then I've never asked to have any people kicked of the forum; I just wanted them to delete the specific statements which violate our Terms of Agreement.
windoggi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude Rat Bro Man is in Berkeley California, registering "Democrat" voters.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 19 of 20

Jump to: