myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
victor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how did you get there?
devengadula

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sailed down from Crissy on my tabou 97l with my 5.6. When i left Crissy around 3pm it was all fogged in and i thought i was going to sail TI and sail down to Berkeley, derig and hire a ride back to Crissy. Either that or get back to the Aquatic Park and run back to get my truck (been there done that). However, it was a nice surprise to see Crissy clear up. There was more wind between Alcatraz and Fisherman's Wharf than on the other side, so that was how i got in and out. There was nice swell between Alcatraz all the way to the Bay Bridge. Quite a few times already i have noticed that in the ebb when North Tower is choking in the fog, that magical swell so many of us are addicted to, moves to either side of Alcatraz (depending on the wind direction). I often go the other way, from TI to Crissy (when it clears up in the ebb) and back to TI but this was the first time the other way around.
windward1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Natural Bridges 09-02-2013 Reply with quote

Four windsurfers out at Natural Bridges today. I tried to get in to the park yesterday, but it was full and I gave up trying to get in. No trouble getting in today. Sails were from 4.7 to 7.0. The guy on the 7.0 was overpowered the whole time, but did manage a session that was well over two hours. Plus he stayed out while it was raining near the end when everyone else had returned to shore. Said he had a great time. No counting for any sense in some people.
ctuna

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Windward what time did you go out? Reply with quote

Windward what time did you go out?
The rain must have been localized.
bert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Embassy Monday Reply with quote

Could not find any parking at Coyote on Monday (the parking situation sucks anyway because of the construction), so I went a mile upwind to Embassy Suites. Rigged 5.3/110L and had a good hour and half session. 4.7 would have worked past the airport towards the Tigers corridor. Will go to TI maņana now that the bridge is open. Hope to use the brand new board just purchased at Boardsports..95L Fanatic Freewave trifin (13.75 lbs!) Cool
windward1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Localized Rain Reply with quote

Hi ctuna,
I sailed from 2:20 p.m. to 4:40 p.m. The rain came in the 4:30 time frame. It fell in the parking lot as well per the other sailors packing up there gear. It was very localized. There was a line of clouds running north and south and it fell from that.
windward1
windoggi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuesday Berkeley....power on demand. So fun!
windward1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Natural Bridges - Again Reply with quote

Four windsurfers out at Natural Bridges and it was a fun day! 4.7, 5.3, 5.3 & 5.8, I believe. Water and air temperatures warm and the water and air were clear and the wind was great for the sail sizes chosen.
dvCali

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Stick Reply with quote

Back sailing after 6 days break spent mostly mountain biking: man I am out of shape bike-wise!!!!! Stick today was a bit strange, but I could sail easily all the way to Sierra Point with my 6.0+RRD 100. Ten people plus out. Slalom time is coming up ...
andydavis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

windoggie wrote:
Tuesday Berkeley....power on demand. So fun!

yeah, what he said
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 19 of 329

Jump to: