myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
IRRESPONSIBLE KITER 8-15-2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxpowers,
Which publication do you represent?
daviddk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But seriously isobars, why do you BFF? I don`t get it.
mac

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Isobars has done it. Found a way to "plonk" those whose views he disagrees with. Must be the coming apocalypse.
yargerd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="isobars"]
maxpowers wrote:
As just this thread alone demonstrates, far too many of the people in this sport behave more like hemorrhoids than humans.

Mike \m/

I haven't found that to be the case. I can't think of many windsport people, kiting or windsurfing, that I wouldn't mind having over for dinner. I windsurfed consistently out east for a few years. Didn't find it any different over their either.

Sad
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yargerd wrote:
I haven't found that to be the case. I can't think of many windsport people, kiting or windsurfing, that I wouldn't mind having over for dinner. I windsurfed consistently out east for a few years. Didn't find it any different over their either.

You're talking about adults in real life; I'm specifically addressing children from multiple continents hiding behind screen names and thinking lying about others is not only acceptable but actually cool. I have a list of about three dozen, with more begging for admission to that club, whose behavior would eliminate them from my home, retail business, or corporation just as it excludes them from my computer screen unless I give them a selective visitor's pass.
daviddk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:

As for getting an interview in a "real life windsurfing publication" ... I wrote one for years, often cover to cover. Jim Ballantyne told me people from around the country would walk into his Hood River Sail World shop pointing to my Performance Windsurf Report Magazine gorge gear test results and saying, "I want one of these, and one of these, and one of those ...". I've talked with and/or published my personal interviews with many of the industry's pioneers and movers and shakers, from world champions to the founder of Windsurfing Hawaii to Jim Drake. I wrote the pioneer windsurfing industry trade magazine, which survived about as long as I told the owner it would when the industry was rapidly shrinking. I've been asked by fellow windsurfers to write a book on the topic (as though >20,000 posts doesn't fill that square), and many of my tutorials have been published in venues ranging from other windsurfing magazines to WSing websites, one in several languages from multiple continents.

Mike \m/

Why is it that the only place lifelong windsurfers have ever heard of this godlike person is on this forum?
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
You're talking about adults in real life; I'm specifically addressing children from multiple continents hiding behind screen names and thinking lying about others is not only acceptable but actually cool.

Oh you mean like accusing someone of being a child molester? Not cool!
I would watch out for the "real life" repercussions of those types of accusations. Luckily I don't think WMP has the type of demeanour of others who might choose to handle things differently.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You're talking about adults in real life; I'm specifically addressing children from multiple continents hiding behind screen names and thinking lying about others is not only acceptable but actually cool. I have a list of about three dozen, with more begging for admission to that club, whose behavior would eliminate them from my home, retail business, or corporation just as it excludes them from my computer screen unless I give them a selective visitor's pass."

Regarding the issue of hiding behind screen names, many of us, like myself, use our actual names. In his above comments, isobars is actually taunting folks to use or reveal their real names. Believe me, if he chooses to dislike you and affect your life, he will target you by mining anything he can about you and your life, and he will attempt to use it against you here on the forum. I won't go into the details, but he has done it to me, and he has done it to others on his "list".

Lastly, isobars is now up to "three dozen" folks here that he is at odds with, and he often highlights them as he's done here on this thread. That's a lot of folks, and as he admits, the number is increasing as time passes. One only has to ask themselves, would I do that? Most folks like to make friends rather than enemies, particularly in our sport. Moreover, many of us, as proven here in this thread, even want to get along well with our brothers in the wind, kiters. isobars, on the other hand, seemingly wants to revel in and advertise the number of enemies he's made. That leads to the question, who's the real problem here and why. Take some time and review this thread (at least, what's left of it), and decide for yourself. I think that most will conclude that it's the difficult and argumentative guy that has made the greatest number of posts on this topic.

Last edited by swchandler on Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
mogunn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reinerehlers wrote:
isobars wrote:
You're talking about adults in real life; I'm specifically addressing children from multiple continents hiding behind screen names and thinking lying about others is not only acceptable but actually cool.

Oh you mean like accusing someone of being a child molester? Not cool!
I would watch out for the "real life" repercussions of those types of accusations. Luckily I don't think WMP has the type of demeanour of others who might choose to handle things differently.

mac

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mental illness is a terrible scourge.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 17 of 20

Jump to: