myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
How"s that Tea Party thing workin' out for ya?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54, 55  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Where were you Tea Party types when GWB took a balanced budget from slick Willy and turned it into an enormous deficit? "
Me and my Tea Party type friends were sitting around getting more and more pissed off about it.
Thats where the Tea Party came from.
I was overseas and I missed it but perhaps other posters can tell me - How about you? You like Big Gov.?
You like this Gov.?
Do you think they waste your money?

The Teas were so effective at voting they brought in random twits who gave us more bad gov. with different errors.
Now instead of saying
"Oops we fracked up, dump Bachman and these clowns who can't make a deal to save our country and get someone who can."
they are saying
"Wealthy people send us money.We are a GOP PAC. Stand firm with these wackos. We are never wrong"
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know anyone who supports bachman. I never liked either Bush. Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama? Sad to say the best prez out of that group was Clinton, and he was morally bankrupt.
pueno

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
Sad to say the best prez out of that group was Clinton, and he was morally bankrupt.

Nothing compared to what Dubya did to the world.

At least Slick Willie's IQ was into the three-digit range. Can't say that about W. For him, I'd say more like room-temp, maybe a chilly day...
capetonian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I can agree with the liberterian objectives of the Koch brothers, their ethics are 180 degrees from mine and I'd prefer that the Republican Party kept them at further than arms length:
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-10-02/koch-brothers-flout-law-getting-richer-with-secret-iran-sales.html
mac

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't seem to get anybody to defend the Tea Party. Has it lost its luster? Here's a bit on a Louisiana Republican, courtesy of Esquire:

Quote:
David Vitter (R-Louisiana)

Now, it's one thing if you're a whoremonger and make no real pretensions to be anything but. There's even a kind of Laissez les bon temps rouler integrity to that type of rascal that we may even have to admire a little bit. He is, after all, what he appears to be. Edwin Edwards comes to mind. Remember a few years back when David Duke wrested the Republican nomination for governor of Louisiana to face Democrat Edwards in the general election? All the establishment Republicans panicked about having an actual sheet wearer as their standard-bearer, and so they all lined up behind the colorful Edwards with the slogan: "Vote for the crook. It's important." Now, those were the days, way back when slippery characters didn't pretend to take God's dictation.

Which brings us to the very special case of David Vitter, who is the worst kind of reprobate to be found in heaven, hell, or Washington. For Vitter is not at all what or who he says he is. A self-described "values conservative," the public figure of David Vitter that we are all subjected to is a pinched, prissy man who sits in judgment of everyone and won't shush about Jesus. Just a horrible bore who doesn't like for sick children to have health insurance, hates family planning, is appalled by gay people and gay marriage and brown people from south of the border and the United Nations, all of which in the Vitter moral universe blur into the same thing: grave threats to the tautly ordered no-fun zone that is David Vitter's immortal soul.

And, oh, how David Vitter does like to instruct on personal sexual conduct. "Abstinence education is a public-health strategy focused on risk avoidance ... by teaching teenagers that saving sex until marriage and remaining faithful afterwards is the best choice..." says Vitter.

Well, Aristotle and Shakespeare knew where this story was going centuries before any of us were ever born. Because of course David Vitter loves prostitutes. And of course he got caught. And yet he still wears his grotesque mask of righteousness, and Louisiana seems poised to be fooled again by the hypocrite this Election Day. Maybe they should first talk to Mrs. Vitter, who during more innocent times said of Hillary Clinton (and her husband's manhood), "I'm a lot more like Lorena Bobbitt than Hillary. If he [David] does something like that," Wendy Vitter said, "I'm walking away with one thing, and it's not alimony, trust me."

Read more: Worst Members of Congress 2010 - Most Offensive Senators and Representatives - Esquire
Follow us: @Esquiremag on Twitter | Esquire on Facebook
Visit us at Esquire.com

And here's his ringing endorsement of all things tea:

Quote:
"The Republican Party will be the vehicle for positive, conservative change this November," said Vitter. "The tea party movement will be the fuel that charges, even supercharges that vehicle."
mrgybe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi on Thursday praised the t Reply with quote

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi on Thursday praised the thousands of “Occupy Wall Street” protesters crowding New York City and other cities across the nation. “God bless them for their spontaneity,” Pelosi told reporters. “It’s young, it’s spontaneous, it’s focused and it’s going to be effective.”

Two year anniversary of Occupy coming up in a couple of weeks. Perhaps we can celebrate the successes of this liberal version of the tea party on that anniversary.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we spell distraction?
nw30

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Distraction?!?
This whole fricken thread is one big distraction, I won't bore you with the list of BHO's list of international glories, I'm sure your are well aware of them, they are so numerous.
After all, he won the Peace Prize!

But the question remains,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, will he have his "feel good" bombing?
I love the smell of an Asprine factory burning in the morning.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Distraction? What about Barack O'Bomber? Every thing he does is a distraction....Bombs away, or not?
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of fool announces days to weeks in advance the objective (a slap on the wrist not intended to affect Syria's balance of power), weapons mix (Tomahawks and maybe some drones), targets (most of them being relocated as we type), off-limits targets (Putin would be miffed if we hit his Syrian naval base), tactics (blow up some stuff and walk away), timing (the POTUS has the authority to do it without the Congress, but will likely await Congress's blessing so he can't be blamed), and duration (≤72 hours) ... yet expects ANYTHING positive to result from it?

The U.S. looks to the entire world like an impotent has-been, which, under this "leadership", is a correct assessment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 53 of 55

Jump to: