myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Pipe dream? Obamacare
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 199, 200, 201  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming that the interpretations of the law are correct, I would think that the Republicans would have sound reasoning to negotiate needed changes. However, I have to be candid in saying that I really don't think the interpretations are sound, and that's why the Republicans have no real foundation to negotiate from. When it comes down to it, the stuff you've highlighted is simply anti-ACA propaganda. What it shows is how desperate folks twist and bend things for reasons they can't really talk about.

Last edited by swchandler on Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sad part not mentioned is that those decisions are already being made by someone in an ins office as quick as possible before lunch.
His sole job is to make a profit.
pueno

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
Back on topic...How could this be? This story is painful.

Oooooh, Mr. B. Tsk, tsk.

Staying precisely on topic...How could this be? This story is complete horseshit.

And I bet you know that. Are you taking fiction lessons from Mr. Fick-shun, the undisputed king of sick wingnuttery?

Please read here.

In particular, read the critique at the bottom of that page.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevenbard

Totally untrue. There are problems with the ACA. Some places more than others. Colorado's responsible government tackled exchanges and the requirement for preventative care early. So, we are not seeing the problems that other states are in those areas that have generated so much criticism.

But, Medicare has not been affected much, from a beneficiary's perspective. I know a number of Docs that complain about the ACA and blame it for some of the problems with reimbursement and approvals. But, I notice these complaints come from the more right leaning doctors. When I press for specific examples, that can be directly attributed to the ACA, I do not hear much.

Fact is, Medicare has been a bureaucratic clusterfxxk for decades. And, to be fair...private insurance companies are not much better. The rules on prior approvals for care, copays, documentation etc are constantly changing. Nothing new here.

A much bigger issue for Colorado medical providers are laws generated by the State Legislature. Please, Republicans, give us some decent candidates to run against the Democrat lawyers who are getting out of control. The tea partiers and religious zealots are NOT the answer.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard... I am confident that when you read that piece of bs, you knew it was, but you posted it anyway. I think the ACA is going to be a huge success. I am a contrarian , by nature, and everyone is 100% convinced it will be a failure.....which usually means it will succeed.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
Stevenbard

Totally untrue. ... Medicare has not been affected much, from a beneficiary's perspective.

Yet.

My doctor told me today that the hospital Medicare liaison office is right: the rehab necessary for my knee rebuild will FAR exceed anything Medicare will cover, and that will get much worse under the ACA. I told him to do what is necessary to heal me and I'll find a way to pay for whatever Medicare refuses, including other insurance or out of pocket. He responded that if I pay anything out of pocket, Medicare will likely cut my coverage off because that's evidence I don't need it, despite the fact that I paid cash for Medicare coverage just like everyone else did. Even if it doesn't stop this calendar year, it is almost certain to stop when the ACA gets involved.

I've known for some time that the cancer treatments I face several years down the road are highly likely to be denied due to my age, even if I can still kick the bean counters' asses in the gym.

You younger people and your kids are SO screwed, and its you lefties' fault. You bought your idiot liberal media line of crap hook, line, and sinker.
pueno

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Fick-shun wrote:

My doctor told me today that the hospital Medicare liaison office is right: the rehab necessary for my knee rebuild will FAR exceed anything Medicare will cover, and that will get much worse under the ACA. I told him to do what is necessary to heal me and I'll find a way to pay for whatever Medicare refuses, including other insurance or out of pocket. He responded that if I pay anything out of pocket, Medicare will likely cut my coverage off because that's evidence I don't need it, despite the fact that I paid cash for Medicare coverage just like everyone else did. Even if it doesn't stop this calendar year, it is almost certain to stop when the ACA gets involved.

I've known for some time that the cancer treatments I face several years down the road are highly likely to be denied due to my age, even if I can still kick the bean counters' asses in the gym.

You younger people and your kids are SO screwed, and its you lefties' fault. You bought your idiot liberal media line of crap hook, line, and sinker.

The sky is falling, the sky is falling! Oh, poor me, poor me. And it's all YOUR fault!!

Anyway, Mikey... why don't you apply for additional disability? If anybody needs a handout, it's you. Wink
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/11/trader-joes-obamacare_n_3902341.html
comes "Trader Joe's has won kudos for offering its health care, dental and vision plans to part-time workers at a reasonable price -- a rarity in an industry known for low pay and scant benefits. But with low-wage workers eligible for tax subsidies to buy health insurance next year, the company has apparently calculated that offering medical coverage to part-timers who work 18 hours or more is no longer worth the cost."

Aaaaaand yer on yer own.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unions seethe over Obamacare...

Labor Prez: If not fixed, must be repealed...

University lays off 50 workers...

Law Shatters No-Tax-Hike Pledge...

Do you want more headlines? Richard Trumpka wants the law repealed now. My own insurance agent told me today, that we were grandfathered in, but most people will be surprised by how many restrictions there are. He also warned of a shortage of physicians to come.

I don't know how much of this is true. But I don't trust the govt to do this right. How many more companies need to announce layoffs and hours cut until you leftys come around?
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Republicans...ObamaCare funding has been voted down!!!!! But , I think the Tea Party will fund the ACA, they like it better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 199, 200, 201  Next
Page 61 of 201

Jump to: