myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Thank you Boardsports at Coyote Point
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Georges

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Thank you Boardsports at Coyote Point Reply with quote

I would like to thank the crew at Boardsports Coyote point for making good on there commitment to replace my defective Fanitac freewave with a brand new board.A process that required almost 4 months due to the poor respounce times from Fanitac.
Fanitac s response to the problem was less than steler and where only willing to repair the defective board.
Boardsports went the extra mile ordered a new board for me and made a customer for life. I am now on an upgraded board and couldn't be happier.
Please think of them when making your next purchase. Gman. Cool
KevinDo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: Thank you Boardsports at Coyote Point Reply with quote

georges wrote:
I would like to thank the crew at Boardsports Coyote point for making good on there commitment to replace my defective Fanitac freewave with a brand new board.A process that required almost 4 months due to the poor respounce times from Fanitac.
Fanitac s response to the problem was less than steler and where only willing to repair the defective board.
Boardsports went the extra mile ordered a new board for me and made a customer for life. I am now on an upgraded board and couldn't be happier.
Please think of them when making your next purchase. Gman. Cool

What was wrong with the board? Was it one of the newer Fanatics that have been reported to break within the first few light uses? Good to hear you got everything settled though.

-Kevin

Georges

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bottom delaminated after 2 times on the water. When repaired it was said to have virtually no resin in that area. Great shape, nice fin, but questionable
Construction for sure. I guess $1800 bucks don't buy what it used to. Cool
rigatoni

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also a good reason to buy locally when you can. Try dealing with that warranty replacement from a board you bought over the internet or one you bought on a trip to the Gorge.
windward1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Boardsports Coyote Point Reply with quote

Jane and Rebecca have been most excellent on my purchases and ordering through their shop. I, too, recommend doing business with the local shop. Who else do you turn to when that part you just broke is going to force and end to your session or missing your next planned one. Support your local shop whenever possible.
windward1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Boardsports Coyote Point Reply with quote

Jane and Rebecca have been most excellent on my purchases and ordering through their shop. I, too, recommend doing business with the local shop. Who else do you turn to when that part you just broke is going to force and end to your session or missing your next planned one. Support your local shop whenever possible.
mch13

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will triple that and +1......
kipps

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, George for the good word and for your patience — it took a while a to get that new board as that specific model was sold out…

…in the meantime, however, we tried to make sure George wouldn't miss much time on the water, so we set him up with a loaner board.

And in fairness to Fanatic, a not-so-wet layup does come about with some regularity in all board brands Wink
vmaher2045

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"And in fairness to Fanatic, a not-so-wet layup does come about with some regularity in all board brands"

That doesn't seem to be the point. Of course there will always defective products. But if it's massively defective I don't expect to have fight to get a replacement. Paid for a new board - expect to get have a new board within a reasonable time - not a fixed/repaired board. "In fairness" some companies are worse than others at this. I take mental note of incidents like this when buying or recommending products. OP missed four months of using that board and now it's a season older.

Plus to boardsports for the loaner but it shouldn't have been necessary.
dvCali

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kipps wrote:
Thanks, George for the good word and for your patience — it took a while a to get that new board as that specific model was sold out…

…in the meantime, however, we tried to make sure George wouldn't miss much time on the water, so we set him up with a loaner board.

And in fairness to Fanatic, a not-so-wet layup does come about with some regularity in all board brands Wink

A vote too for Boardsports! I bought a Wind-SUP from them last year. Local shops are important to the sport, especially one that teaches windsurf and rents beginner boards.

As far as Fanatic is concerned, I would be careful to generalize from one episode. If the board was sold out it explains at least some of the delay. And the not-so-wet layup does indeed happen: my only instance was with a Rogue-Wave, one of the best custom builders at that time. Of course nothing could be done since it is in Canada and I ended up fixing it myself ... Fixing it was of course an option with the Fanatic too but instead ... bingo: you get a brand new upgraded (next year) board after you spent the season on a loaner, very nice deal! Very Happy

Last edited by dvCali on Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:24 pm; edited 5 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: