myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
the big lie "the media is liberal"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
The responses to questions in polls may not analyse out in such partisan ways.
When Bush was getting approval ratings of 35% a rating agency posed a test question to a similar large group."how is President Gore doing In your opinion."
President Gore got an approval rating of 19% in that survey.
They concluded that many people don't read the news or vote and just guess at answers to not appear ignorant.
I would like to hear them answer "what's the difference between a liberal, a conservative, a dem and a Republican. If very few of them got that question right, then what would you conclude from the data above?
I understand, you can make what they call push polls and other ones. This poll from what I could see did not have any misleading questions to cause false perception.

Same as some people are just polite in person and will just say something so they do not want to insult. But robo questions with these simple questions without push questions are fine.

I could cause the gore answer if I used some push questions like, are you aware that Gore had more votes in the election than Bush, So do you approve of the way President gore handles the situation.

I learned about push polling when I got out of college and later filed for a patent on a automated bike parking system with alarms, tried to get state funding and the main grant decider did not like it. So I convinced him it was worth doing a survey, so he agreed. He had a university grad student do it. We agreed the easiest was poll bike shop owners. Unfortunately I did not see the questions he came up with. That is where I learned about push polling. He asked questions like would you sell the system in your store? to determine if would be funded, which my target was not sell such a system in a store, to corporations and cities was my target. So the answer was about 3% of bike dealers would sell it. daaaaaaaaaaa. Another question was would you use it and they answered with a 90% yes. But the funding decider said well the experts will not sell it so we will not fund it. My first real world polling learning lesson. Later got the patent on self service bike rental systems for commuting and recreation, but could not find funding for that either.
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I owned the media this one would be front page...

amazing how this does not make the national right wing owned media..

http://gawker.com/5952285/tough-guy-pulls-gun-on-elementary-school-students-after-they-make-fun-of-his-confederate-flag

Tough Guy Pulls Gun on Elementary School Students After They Make Fun of His Confederate Flag

Quote:
According to police, Dalton was upset about disparaging remarks the students made concerning a Confederate flag on his truck.

He was booked into jail and later released on bond

isobars

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The liberal McClatchey News service published unintentional support of Bill O'Reilly's accuracy. His incorrect announcement that Republican leaders were not invited to the MLK Dream Speech ceremony was heralded on McClatchey's front page here.

OK, OK, I'll explain to the obtuse why that supports O'Reilly: It made the front page.

JEEZ, guys. Let me put it another way: The front page is generally reserved for news, as in "rare occurrences".

O'Reilly, of course, took full responsibility for the error.
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
The liberal McClatchey News service published unintentional support of Bill O'Reilly's accuracy. His incorrect announcement that Republican leaders were not invited to the MLK Dream Speech ceremony was heralded on McClatchey's front page here.

OK, OK, I'll explain to the obtuse why that supports O'Reilly: It made the front page.

JEEZ, guys. Let me put it another way: The front page is generally reserved for news, as in "rare occurrences".

O'Reilly, of course, took full responsibility for the error.

Their first paper was the Sacramento Bee, and they own many california vally papers. which one of those valley papers is not right wing....

are you sure that made it on one paper front page?

My gosh Dan Rather was front page for how long for telling the truth about Bush.. again even the hired hit man to find the truth former Attorney General Under Bush 1 investigated and could not determine the events in the documents were false. That was not news and the right wing media CBS fired Dan Rather when they could not even prove it was not accurate.

So was O'rielly fired? and we know he was wrong, big difference, one you know is wrong and it did not take a partisan attorney General to figure it out. and where is the talk to fire him for such irresponsible racist flaming talk.
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: GM sales rise 15% in best month since 2008 Reply with quote

another one the media does not want front pages do they.. I would put it there if I owned the media...

http://www.autonews.com/article/20130904/RETAIL/130909955/gm-sales-rise-15-in-best-month-since-2008#

GM sales rise 15% in best month since 2008

Quote:
DETROIT -- General Motors' U.S. sales rose 15 percent last month from a year ago, even as it reduced fleet deliveries by 8 percent.

August was the best U.S. sales month for GM since September 2008, as each of its four brands posted double-digit increases, including gains of 38 percent for Cadillac and 37 percent for Buick. GMC sales rose 14 percent and Chevrolet sales were up 10 percent.
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow one of the biggest media owners ever, again a ultra right wing partisan known for buying papers in the US and firing any liberal writer then selling the paper after he destroys peoples lives. This Canadian media owner used it for partisan means. convicted of crimes in the USA, Still a hero to the right wing. Here is another criminal druggie Rush giving another criminal the thumbs up... birds of a feather comes to mind.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/07/11/rush_s_interview_with_conrad_black

Quote:
RUSH: Conrad Black had to sell his house in Florida to live, a number of his assets were frozen and literally taken away from him before the trial. He had, I don't know, 80% of his net worth taken away from him before the trial under the guise he might have been a flight risk or whatever. He's Canadian. He's still not allowed in the United States. I don't want to spend a lot of time on his legal experience. You can read about them if you want. I'm not here to defend him on that. I'm just describing to you who he is. He's a conservative. He's a famed media mogul. He owned Hollinger, which was a company that owned a lot of media properties, including the Jerusalem Post, the Canada Post, which he founded, the UK Telegraph, hundreds of newspapers that the man owned.

He's a renaissance man. He's a prophetic writer. He's just one of the most erudite people you run into. And he has written the most amazing book

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Conrad_Black
Black v. United States, 561 U.S. ___ (2011), is a white-collar criminal law case decided by the United States Supreme Court dealing with businessman Conrad Black's fraud trial. Along with two companion cases—Skilling v. United States and Weyhrauch v. United States—it dealt with the honest services provision, 18 U.S.C. § 1346.

so we have Merdoch an Australian ultra partisan right wingers now owning more media than any human on the planet, this Canadian convicted guy and not one liberal to match this so called liberal media.

Oh we have Sorros who does not own media. yet we have so many ultra partisan right wingers that put sorros to shame in money and their influence with their corporate control of the media. again name the liberals in the forbes 500. at best 10 percent.
real-human

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: British official urges U.S. to press corruption charges agai Reply with quote

boy the right wing partisan leader of the media is not getting much play in the US media. Again this is criminal to be bribing for an american company of any official. there should be jail time for right wing partisan hater ruppy. Why do we not see the so called liberal media going after him to be put in jail. I certainly would if I owned the media.

again his group of criminals even tried bribing a US police officer to get the phone numbers of the 9-11 victims to hack into 911 victims cell phones.

Can you imagine if a liberal like Sorros did this, the right wing owned media would never let this story die. They would have congressional investigations and get a special/independent counsel appointed.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/07/04/british-official-urges-u-s-to-press-corruption-charges-against-murdoch

British official urges U.S. to press corruption charges against Murdoch

Quote:
A prominent Labour MP has said US authorities should press corporate corruption charges against Rupert Murdoch’s global empire after he admitted in a secretly recorded meeting with staff on the Sun that payments to police were part of “the culture of Fleet Street”.

Chris Bryant, who has been compensated for phone hacking by the defunct News of the World, said the latest revelations were “another reason” for the FBI to take action under the foreign corrupt practices act, which makes it an offence for American companies to pay public officials on foreign soil.

Quote:
The latest scandal over alleged payments to police erupted after Sun journalists secretly taped a 45-minute meeting in March between Murdoch and at least 24 staff who had been arrested in relation to Scotland Yard’s Elveden investigation.
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

come on right wingers here is another billionaire partisan right winger. owning media.

and you right wingers can only name Sorros for being liberal partisan billionaire is it. Yet he does not own media... here we have just one more ultra partisan media owner example with the right wingers not showing one liberal ultra partisan media owner in the USA.

note how in the media they make sure everyone in the USA knows Sorros yet again not many would know this billionaire media controller. Do you think he allows anything liberal in his owned media. Oh in the mind of a idiot media is fair and balanced when the ultra partisan right winger says so.

http://www.rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/anschutz_philip

Quote:
A billionaire investor and funder of numerous rightwing causes in the United States, Phillip Anschutz is a conservative tycoon and Evangelical Presbyterian whose newspapers have pushed a conservative political agenda—like those of similar-minded media moguls, including Conrad Black, Rupert Murdoch, and the late Phillip Merrill.

The founder of Quest Communications and former owner of the Union Pacific Railroad, Anschutz’s media empire includes the newspaper publishing company Clarity Media Group, the cinema chain Regal Entertainment Group, and the Anschutz Film Group, parent company of Walden Media and Bristol Bay Productions. Anschutz is also CEO of the Anschutz Company, the parent of the Anschutz Corporation holding company, and owner of the soccer team D.C. United. [1]

Weekly Standard
In June 2009, Anschutz’s Clarity Media purchased from Rupert Murdoch’s News Corporation the Weekly Standard, neoconservatism’s flagship magazine.

Last edited by real-human on Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See image attached.....Historical Example of Liberal Media?
real-human

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Pope slams religious right of america. Reply with quote

Isn't it amazing, The Pope basically tells the world that hating Gays, birth control, and abortions is not a top priority of the Christians, .

Well it made headlines aound the world but it is not even being discussed in the USA with the religious right on they were wrong and they should not be passing the hate laws they have been setting as the highest priority they can imagine.

What is interesting, is if I owned a media I would be hammering the fundamentalist right wing with this.

The Pope was ONLY directing his statements to the USA fanatics... The right wingers who use the church to hate and divide a nation.

There is no other nation in the world where religious fanatics use this as a weapon in their ranks. Only the US has a top priority of the loony right to hate so much the gays, birth control and abortion. Only Russia is up there for hate of gays with the ultra right wingers here in the USA.

Isn't it interesting the right wing media has not even discussed this or put it front page that it was specifically targeted at the USA. where is that so called liberal media not hammering this home...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 89 of 277

Jump to: