myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
IRRESPONSIBLE KITER 8-15-2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mulekick84

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other thing we certainly know, is that Isobars is right! When he's not right, he just keeps arguing until no one will respond. Thus proving his rightness yet again!
philodog

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From iso: "the criminal I saw repeatedly trying to hit WSers at Rufus from 30 feet in the air"

With all his criminals need to be arrested and macho take the law into his own hands talk why did isobrave not follow this guy and beat him up or at least do a citizens arrest?
gronquist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mulekick84 wrote:
The other thing we certainly know, is that Isobars is right! When he's not right, he just keeps arguing until no one will respond. Thus proving his rightness yet again!

Yup, except his German could use some fine tuning. It's 'Scheiss', I believe. Wink
SuperNuker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
SuperNuker wrote:
remind me what it is you are trying to get across.

For the 15th-20th time on this topic in this and other threads, my point is that people who deliberately attack others on the water, such as Benito and the criminal I saw repeatedly trying to hit WSers at Rufus from 30 feet in the air, and people who recklessly just throw their $#!+ into the air over a crowd without a care in the world where they land, especially if they legally and morally compound that felony or misdemeanor by fleeing the scene after hitting someone, are committing dangerous illegal acts, making criminal and civil courts a great way to achieve what talking to them has failed to do.

Those scenarios deliberately exclude accidents, attractive nuisances, etc.

The other obvious solution is to render those dangerous lawbreakers physically incapable of repeating their crimes or misdemeanors, but that solution can land US in jail.

I don't think anyone argues that someone that is deliberate in their attacks should get in some hot water. Jail...? I don't know about that.... but hot water, yes. But as you have mention, two "attacks" that no one (as far as I know) were injured, maybe scared, but I don't think they were injured (I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong) isn't really a problem in my opinion. They aren't continuing to do it, right? Think someone may have cooled off without the jail time? (miracle) It's doesn't continue to happen from the same folks because we do a good job of self regulating. Yes, I think we do. And who is recklessly throwing their &*%&$ over a crowd? What does that mean? I" have just never seen it happen. Sometimes people let go of a jump for sure but if that's reckless, we are all guilty as charged.
I just think Iso wants to hype up and create a much larger problem than exists.
Enough of the criminal, felony, misdemeanor talk. It just isn't necessary. Even though there aren't many posters here, I'm sure there are more readers and to have a guy that has far more posts than anyone get all jazzed up about prosecuting idiots etc., just isn't what anyone needs to hear.
Glad to read that most of us share the same outlook on sailing and accidents and the very few trouble makers we have.
It's all good, right Iso?? See you on the water (through binoculars cause I still don't want to be anywhere near that crazy Isowanttosuesomeonebars.
A little tongue in cheek Iso, I'm sure you're a nice guy in person and a fine sailor that holds his starboard tack. We would have fun sailing together but I might scare the shit out of you at times just for giggles. Very Happy
windoggi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperNuker just cast his lure into the Isobass pond...a strike is guaranteed.
SuperNuker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

come on little fishy...... Twisted Evil
yargerd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been windsurfing for 12 years and kiting for three. I like both. Not all kiters are jerks, and not all windsurfers are Isobar-ic. Stuff happens, and if someone was a jerk, that sucks. I have been in a collision before windsurfing, and we both figured it out and shook hands.

Yes, I have been crowded by kiters while windsurfing.

Yes, I have been charged by windsurfers while kiting (even though I stay far away from windsurfers because I "get" it).

Kiting and windsurfing are the same to me. You have a sail like thing and you cruise around during your leisure time.

Isobars - I think it's time you try kiting. Honestly, I think you'd enjoy it. Go get a jet ski lesson and have some fun. Don't worry, you don't have to grow out dreadlocks or harass windsurfers. 99.9% of the time, folks are pretty nice, and no one has to go to jail.
starfish

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the biggest problem is some of you have way too much TIME on your hands. Either get back to work or go sail the hatch, its windy.
whitevan01

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yargerd wrote:

Kiting and windsurfing are the same to me. You have a sail like thing and you cruise around during your leisure time.

a kite is NOT a "sail like thing" IMO. there, I said it. can't stand the things, though the people mostly seem to be ok.
yargerd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whitevan01 wrote:
yargerd wrote:

a kite is NOT a "sail like thing" IMO. there, I said it. can't stand the things, though the people mostly seem to be ok.

Sure it is. It's an airfoil that is designed to provide force for a guy riding a board. A sail like thing.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 6 of 20

Jump to: