myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
angulo,s

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wdsurf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: angulo,s Reply with quote

Very Happy anyone give me some insights likes,dislikes of the angulo chango or victory Question
antoinebo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised Team Abide is quiet on this one
Let me give it a try...

Purchased Chango 101 in the spring to be used as my "larger" wave board.
Although I dream of endless rights with side off wind, realistically the vast majority of my sailing is Side On

Absolutely love the board.
The best adjectives for it would be easy and control
The ride is smooth and comfortable - so much so that I took it on a strong 4.7 day and it never felt big or uncomfortable.
Dont let the single fin fool you - It tracks upwind real nicely and yet sticks to the jibe and hard turn perfectly.
I feel much more in control in the turns then with my 83L JP Wave.
Call me old school, but unless you are sailing in perfect Side Off conditions and want to rip aggressive turns on the wave - Not sure Quads make a lot of sense. I know many of you will disagree.
The straps are perfectly placed for surfing. I always struggle to keep my back foot in the strap when going down the line. But not with this board. The feet placement is right where it should be.

The added volume is right under the mast - makes it easy to go through white water when sailing On shore or Side On days.

By the way, the price is right too compared to other high end boards of that caliber and you support a very cool Dude indeed...
outcast

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's Josh on a stock 88 Chango (he's like 220#):
http://vimeo.com/60348279

Here's a much worse 200lb sailor on the 93 in very light conditions:
http://vimeo.com/62016234

I did the whole multifin thing....the Chango is almost as loose as a twin, but planes faster, drives harder and very comfortable. Both are pretty rock solid layup with good pads/straps/fins....killa graphics

BradFX can rock the Victory and i guess it's about sailing style ....top turns on a twin are pretty wild...maybe not good for my 55 yo back.!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: