myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
IRRESPONSIBLE KITER 8-15-2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rager

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy people sure can get wound up on these threads... It's mostly ego. Life is self regulating period. And it's too short to let drama lead the way.

Be thankful for the river and the wind, and the people who showed us we could dream up awesome new ways to experience them.

Getting irate cause kooks exist is kinda kooky. Not to say I haven't been there... But hey don't get sucked in if you can help it!
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperNuker wrote:
one overwhelming guy that ... wants to sue the hell out of folks cause there was an accident.

Never implied that in the case of an accident. You made that up. Criminal action resulting in injury ... just call the cops and sign the complaint. No suit necessary unless the criminal justice system fails.

IMO, any father or husband who'd just smile and flash a shaka when his wife or child is threatened or injured by criminal action is a lousy parent or spouse. Consider, for example, the wife who had to raise holy hell to get any police action after a local spearfisherman fired a spear into her husband's WS board as it planed past at Kanaha. That's a good spouse. Do your wife and kids know you are not willing to protect them from dangerous criminal actions of others, which is all I'm addressing here?
johnl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I agree with most about accidents being accidents, the thing that sets this apart is AFTER the kiter hit the windsurfer and injured the sailor and damaged his gear he LEFT without even checking on the guy he hit. I would like to think most agree that there is something seriously wrong with this. Not that he was hucking air like this "discussion" has turned into...
SuperNuker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
SuperNuker wrote:
one overwhelming guy that ... wants to sue the hell out of folks cause there was an accident.

Never implied that in the case of an accident. You made that up. Criminal action resulting in injury ... just call the cops and sign the complaint. No suit necessary unless the criminal justice system fails.

IMO, any father or husband who'd just smile and flash a shaka when his wife or child is threatened or injured by criminal action is a lousy parent or spouse. Consider, for example, the wife who had to raise holy hell to get any police action after a local spearfisherman fired a spear into her husband's WS board as it planed past at Kanaha. That's a good spouse. Do your wife and kids know you are not willing to protect them from dangerous criminal actions of others, which is all I'm addressing here?

Well I agree with you on the lousy parent example. But as a parent and spouse it is also our job to educate them on the risks of having some fun and also what accidents are and that they do happen. Nothing about throwing shakas to criminals. I can only speak for myself but I think most parents would protect their children and spouses from criminals and or harm. But a guy running into you in the water is an accident. No one is purposely running into folks and if they are or did, they don't last long out there.
Yes, it sucks if they run into you and don't check to make sure everything is ok. But I don't think I'd be calling cops over this.
Not familiar with the spear incident but if it were on purpose, that's a big problem but again, so different from someone accidentally running into someone else out there.
Keep it into perspective. Life is too short. We are just trying to have some fun with out the worries of kooks like Isobars trying to make criminals out of river users that have accidents. It's just the type of mentality that doesn't need propagation here or anywhere.
Keep working on your BFF techniques and we'll keep having fun.
See you on the water. But I'll keep my distance.... Razz
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperNuker wrote:
Isobars trying to make criminals out of river users that have accidents.

Now you're just flat out lying.
SuperNuker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
When are people going to start having idiots, no matter what toy they're on, prosecuted and jailed? Until then, silent victims are part of the problem. Had Dave been knocked unconscious even briefly, severely lacerated, or incurred a cervical fracture, he may have died right there. It's time someone went to the other extreme and put one of these miscreants in prison for a few years after taking a few hundred thousand dollars out of their pockets. This one is not a jerk; he is a criminal and a felon, and Benito is even worse because his assault was clearly premeditated.

And that's just the legal solution.

Just sounded like it from your first sentence here. Prosecuting idiots? Time for someone to go to the other extreme? Really?
Maybe you should re read this and remind me what it is you are trying to get across. Rolling Eyes
WMP

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll need to forgive isobars, he's really new to this forum and doesn't understand that what he writes might be seen by other people. Wink
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperNuker wrote:
remind me what it is you are trying to get across.

For the 15th-20th time on this topic in this and other threads, my point is that people who deliberately attack others on the water, such as Benito and the criminal I saw repeatedly trying to hit WSers at Rufus from 30 feet in the air, and people who recklessly just throw their $#!+ into the air over a crowd without a care in the world where they land, especially if they legally and morally compound that felony or misdemeanor by fleeing the scene after hitting someone, are committing dangerous illegal acts, making criminal and civil courts a great way to achieve what talking to them has failed to do.

Those scenarios deliberately exclude accidents, attractive nuisances, etc.

The other obvious solution is to render those dangerous lawbreakers physically incapable of repeating their crimes or misdemeanors, but that solution can land US in jail.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WMP wrote:
You'll need to forgive isobars, he's really new to this forum and doesn't understand that what he writes might be seen by other people. Wink

Scheist!!!! You mean I typed that out loud? Very Happy
WMP

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
people who deliberately attack others

So, how do we know if someone "deliberately attacks" or if it's just an accident caused by being radio active or mercury poisoning as result of drinking too much river water?

Fact is, we don't know enough about this tragic situation to know what really happened or what the motives were. All we do know is that someone got injured, some gear got broke, and someone left the scene without making sure the other person was alright. That is not acceptable, but still not a reason for a lawsuit.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 5 of 20

Jump to: