myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Pipe dream? Obamacare
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 199, 200, 201  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RR--you couldn't be less informed about accomplishing things politically. Most people who are active politically want to make changes, and realize compromise is necessary. But the temper tantrum party? Shut it down--but don't mess with my medicare.

Wrong statement:

Quote:
who really don't want to change anything

Changes things, yes. Save money, yes. Make compromises, yes. Defund ineffective government programs, yes. Blow up the economy to try to defund Obama-care? Only the Tantrum party wants to do that.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is "RR"?
mac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReinRehlers.

Feel free to make a substantive comment instead of bemoaning name-calling while you call me an idiot. Such as--what Federal programs should be cut, and by how much?
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac..... You expect substantive comment from a person who thinks that science is mere speculation, and that the world is flat (relatively speaking)?

You'd be better advising him not to windsurf too far out to sea in case he falls off the edge!
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBO now doubles its estimate of the cost of Obamacare and projects that 7 million fewer people in the United States will have employment-based insurance by 2023. Look it up.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT--naw, I don't expect substance from most of these guys. Techno, yes from time to time, and occasionally Bard. Most of the rest have bragged that they don't bother to read-- a posting, a reference, or anything not put out by Fox. But I like pointing out the hypocrisy of those who complain about tone--with insults in their post. Or brag about being Christian, and have a rather un-Christian approach to Obama and liberals. Or are more offended by the term "bat shit" than the hit piece video on Obama phones.

By the way, the term bat shit is a reference (for those schooled outside of the Unite States) to Hunter Thompson and the various Fear and Loathing pieces he did.
keycocker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hunter Thompson ran for sheriff of the county that includes Aspen Colorado.
He planned to plant weed in the median strips and sell to the tourists.
Eliminate property taxes and bring jobs.
He got a lot of votes. Most of Aspen is very rich people. Lots of GOP.
Thompson was proud of the way his campaign aligned with them on tax issues.
Man was a visionary in light of legalization there.

Note to non Americans. H.Thompson was a crazed individual who drank and may be armed or possibly a menace to society or both.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote:
OOOh ... oooh ... I know: it's the fact that none of them feels any shame when caught every day using those ploys.

Not to mention their delusion that they know more about others' private lives -- career, medical, hobbies, education, etc. -- than those others' bosses, doctors, friends, teachers, etc. do.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:

Feel free to make a substantive comment instead of bemoaning name-calling while you call me an idiot.

I'm not looking to make a substantive comment. It is pretty obvious I am addressing the approach taken by both sides. I believe the term I used was educated idiot. There is a difference. The difference being that posters here make an articulate comment and then ruin it with a derogatory comment about the others in the process.

mac wrote:
But I like pointing out the hypocrisy of those who complain about tone--with insults in their post. Or brag about being Christian, and have a rather un-Christian approach to Obama and liberals.
Never adjust your approach just condone it. If that is what eases your conscience then so be it.

GT,
You're exactly right. I never sail too far out in fear of falling off the edge.
GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
You expect substantive comment from a person who thinks that science is mere speculation, and that the world is flat (relatively speaking)?
Thanks for putting words in my mouth and the insinuation that I am stupid that my beliefs are different than yours. Congradulations, I see you have joined the ranks of the screeching alley cats. Mac, what were you saying about hypocrisy? Perhaps GT can explain it. I think when he originally made this statement it was directed at you or a comment that shared your approach.
GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
Over here we are free to express such views without being screeched at by alley cats!
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two facts (to put the record straight);

1) I believe you are 'stupid' (your word) NOT because your beliefs are different to mine, but because you willfully dismiss science (age of the earth is just a single example) as speculative ASSUMPTION ... while you, of course, can make the biggest assumption mankind has ever made, of a divine being or god.

2) the term 'screeching alley cats' (in connection with repeated abortion on demand as a womans life style choice) was directed NOT at Mac, but at such women who, without conscience or concern, reject the very concept of motherhood when it simply doesn't suit them. (Abstinence, is the obvious choice.)

Clear?

Postscript.... I do NOT include sincere and devout Christians and Muslims who have a regard for scientific reality in the stupid category (I don't wish to be FURTHER misquoted). I was taught by one who was far more intelligent than I, but, that remains an anomoly (his faith in a god) that I'm not able to understand. (My shortcoming, no doubt.) Nor, of course, will science ever be able explain such convictions either, since the subject deals only with demonstrable fact!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 199, 200, 201  Next
Page 59 of 201

Jump to: