myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
can not lock mast foot into mast base

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clos

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: can not lock mast foot into mast base Reply with quote

Hello,

I have an F2 Comet Slalom 315 from circa 1992. I pulled it out after 15 years and attempted to attach the mast foot to the adjustable mast track. The original manual refers to a mast-foot spring that slides back and forth. This spring is in the in/out position but once I insert the pin, I can not slide spring to the left to the 'block' position. It appears a loop attached to the spring is missing. Any ideas of what this part is called and where I might find it?

Thank you,

los
Boardhead1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if the spring clip is like the old Mistral super light but if you can post a picture that would help. So I found this picture. Is this it? http://www.larsonsport.com/index.php/summer-1/windsurf/oldwindsurfingparts/1990-s-f2-mast-track.html
clos

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, the image from the link you provided looks very close to the image in the manual I was provided with the board. My memory may be shot, but the track on my board came with a removable cotter like pin with a nylon loop to slide the spring bar back and forth. Don't know why my mast base is different than the manual.
DelCarpenter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might not affect the stated problem of a missing piece, but I have an early 90's F2 Comet (325 cm) and I was quite surprised to find the movement to lock the pin to the mast track moves away from the point where they join instead of toward it. If A is the front end of the track, B is the item which moves the fingers, C is the hole where the pin fits, and D is the rear of the mast track: then the B item is moved toward A not toward C to lock the pin into the mast track. If it was a Mistral or Bic track the B item would move toward C, but not on the track of the Comet I have. The track on my Comet looks just like the one in the picture provided by Boardhead1.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: