myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rigatoni

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great windy 4.5 to 5.0 conditions at Crissy both days this weekend. First really solid weekend wind there in almost 2 months.
veterduet

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Marina Bay Reply with quote

Smooth water, sparkling sun drops betweeen wisps of fog, skipping from wave to wave like a flat rock thrown by a kid...doesn't get much better than this. And no one in sight but a stray kiter or two till the sun took over. That also signaled the end of the good southerly wind. Sometimes you just get lucky.

(5.7 from 1:30 to 4:00)
koogzah

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bluntage was strong and it ended early. OPd on a flat 4.7 1600-1800 between the 4 and 6 buoys. Planed home just before it died. No dogs spotted today, but I was on the look out.
windoggi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

koogzah wrote:
No dogs spotted today
Thats cause I was sailing Berkeley today for the first time in ages. Kind of friendly and secure compared to Isabel.
dvCali

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried to go to TI but the bridge was impassable ... so Stick ... that delivered a great day powered to progressively well overpowered on 5.0. Usual new generation of amazing freestyle guys out having a blast, with two people I have not noticed before that were simply doing the apparently impossible ... Very Happy

Last edited by dvCali on Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
andydavis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dvCali wrote:
Tried to go to TI but the bridge was impassable ... Very Happy

Should be a "Zil lane", for registered windsurfers only, from 2-5 pm, out to TI. Where are all those useless people going...work? Get the f!ck out of my lane.
windward1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Natural Bridges 08-16-2013 Reply with quote

Natural Bridges came through both yesterday and today. Five sailors yesterday and six today. I was on a 4.7 and it was perfect for me.

Sailed some unnamed place up the coast the day before yesterday. It was good as well.

What a great year!
veterduet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Marina Bay Reply with quote

Nice day. Rigged a 6.0 but outside even a 5.2 would have worked.

Felt safe and secure - not like it feels dodging all those frantic Berkeley parents in the parking lot picking up and dropping off their offsprings at UC aquatics and the hammer and nail park!
andydavis

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Marina Bay Reply with quote

veterduet wrote:
Nice day. Rigged a 6.0 but outside even a 5.2 would have worked...

when were you out? I was at Shimada Park from 3 to 4...rigged, put my wetsuit on, took my wetsuit off, looked again with a binocular, put my wetsuit on, looked again, decided I couldn't get out, took my wetsuit off... Mad
dvCali

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andydavis wrote:

Should be a "Zil lane", for registered windsurfers only, from 2-5 pm, out to TI. Where are all those useless people going...work? Get the f!ck out of my lane.

Great idea! but it would be enough if they built a ramp on the west side of the current water access, I'd settle for that to avoid the 100+ yards of slogging (well ... mostly swimming) in and out of the cove.

Great day yesterday, strong 4.3 conditions. Still have not run into one of those fabled "smooth huge swell" days maybe one needs to go west? ... it has been very choppy overall especially in some sections.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 15 of 329

Jump to: