myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
No easy answers we're all farked
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pueno

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Hypocrisy wrote:

1. It rewards leeches.

Speaking of leeches, Mikey, how are your disability payments doing?
joew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much for civil discourse.It 's come to this , now we taunt veterans about the retirement and disability benefits they have earned?

Last edited by joew on Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you go to strip clubs expecting to hear sermons? Sad
mac

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techno--still haven't gotten the hang of that reading thing? I said the NSP program--at $1 billion--doesn't amount to a hill of beans. The phone system, of course, is not in the Federal budget.

The best term I've heard for the Tea Party is governing by tantrum.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joew, did you know that isobars entire military service career was at a non-combat desk job here in the states? His military pension aside, working in an office has certainly raised a lot of questions about how he become disabled on the job, particularly since he has bragged on and on about racing about and crashing motorcycles at high speed on the desert for years. It probably wouldn't be such a big deal if he didn't have so many negative things to say about other Americans supposedly "gaming the system" receiving some kind of financial assistance. Such an openly disrespectful attitude regarding the plight of others tends to invite focus and criticism, don't you think?

That said, I have to say that pueno tends to over do it at times. In the end though, maybe pueno would give isobars a break if he backed off and mellowed out a bit.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
joew, did you know that isobars entire military service career was at a non-combat desk job here in the states? His military pension aside, working in an office has certainly raised a lot of questions about how he become disabled on the job, particularly since he has bragged on and on about racing about and crashing motorcycles at high speed on the desert for years. It probably wouldn't be such a big deal if he didn't have so many negative things to say about other Americans supposedly "gaming the system" receiving some kind of financial assistance. Such an openly disrespectful attitude regarding the plight of others tends to invite focus and criticism, don't you think?

That said, I have to say that pueno tends to over do it at times. In the end though, maybe pueno would give isobars a break if he backed off and mellowed out a bit.

I love how you make this big long statement about Isobars and then tell Pueno to mellow out. Is what you said better, worse or also "openly disrespectful"? Hmmmm, openly disrespectful attitude regarding....who?

Last edited by KGB-NP on Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:21 am; edited 2 times in total
pueno

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
...give isobars a break if he backed off and mellowed out a bit.

Oh, you mean like he gives others a break?

Mikey's an easy, easy target. He wears a mile-high flashing sign that says, "I'm a hypocrite. I scream about others who get stuff while I myself get stuff."
techno900

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac said:
Quote:
Techno--still haven't gotten the hang of that reading thing? I said the NSP program--at $1 billion--doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

Guilty, I had it wrong. I tend to scan your posts since they are a bit wordy, so I may occasionally miss something. Regardless, because our country's budget is so huge, it's unfortunate that we have come to think that 1 billion doesn't amount to a hill of beans regardless of the program.

I also wonder if the FCC's management costs for the Lifeline program are covered by the collected "fees" from the phone companies? I suspect that there are some taxpayers dollars funding part of this program. Not a biggie, but just saying.........
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember the numerous occasions the President said that he would "scour the budget, line by line" to root out "every cent of waste". I'm sure he will get to the three fold increase in the free phone program shortly. As for this canard that "fees" aren't taxes.....that is a smoke screen. So called middle class tax cuts are being overwhelmed by a multitude of increases elsewhere, including "fees" at a Federal and local level. Virtually everything we pay for now has some "fee" attached to it. We are told that a cell 'phone is so vital to everyday existence that we have to give them away to those who apparently can't afford them. Yet when we grumble about the exploding cost we are told that having a cell 'phone is our choice, if we don't want to pay the "fee" don't use a cellphone. We can do without.
pueno

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
Remember the numerous occasions the President said that he would "scour the budget, line by line" to root out "every cent of waste". I'm sure he will get to the three fold increase in the free phone program shortly. As for this canard that "fees" aren't taxes.....that is a smoke screen. So called middle class tax cuts are being overwhelmed by a multitude of increases elsewhere, including "fees" at a Federal and local level. Virtually everything we pay for now has some "fee" attached to it. We are told that a cell 'phone is so vital to everyday existence that we have to give them away to those who apparently can't afford them. Yet when we grumble about the exploding cost we are told that having a cell 'phone is our choice, if we don't want to pay the "fee" don't use a cellphone. We can do without.

Mr. G., you've sidestepped the real issue here. Yes, we can quibble about "taxes" vs. "fees," but that's a distraction. What is the abuse, and who's causing it?

The abuse is unqualified or undeserving people receiving something for nothing... something that you paid for, in part. None of us like that, including me.

Who caused it? A zillion little cellphone vendors sprung up to take unethical advantage of a poorly regulated, poorly controlled program. In 2009, the FCC began to police this abuse, but it's apparently still out of control.

Shouldn't your anger be directed at a business environment that allows these companies to exercise such unethical greed and profit at your expense? Don't you want the right controls and the right regulations in place to stop these fly-by-night operators?

Do you want government regulations to control this?

Or is your Obama-hate so overpowering that you can't think straight?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 41 of 45

Jump to: