myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
No easy answers we're all farked
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scheez louise, so much for independent thinking. You guys all pile on when an opinion that is out of synch with the party line comes up. I appreciate all of your thoughtful posts and contributions over the years, some opinions we share, others we do not. For the record; I supported the auto bailout, I didn't want to see the destruction of whats left of our industrial manufacturing sector destroyed just as we entered a deep global recession. Tarp, as unpalatable as it was, I reluctantly went along with, ultimately we couldn't allow the banking system to collapse. There were huge oversights with Tarp, Goldman Sachs should not have been compensated at 100 cents on the dollar for their AIG bets, they should have taken a big hit. The Tarp bailout should have had more draconian conditions as the price of participation, to rein in the bonuses, gold plated junkets and and the general cynicism of accepting the cash and then not loaning it to anyone for months on end. As far as which talk radio host got me" ginned up" Whoa there cowboy, I'm a rum drinker, and yeah Mac that was a cheap shot. You carefully annotate your posts with references to various publications and articles you've read, good on you, thanks for sharing the insights of others you have found. My opinion on NSP was from MY personal experience as an electrical contractor,who participated in the program as a provider of services. There is a culture of entitlement out there, to deny it, is to deny some basic facts of human behavior. This is not the first time you pushed the talk radio dismissal button on an opinion that differs from yours. You jump to an erroneous conclusion, when someone voices disgust with questionable giveaways, it does't make them an instant member of the Mitch McConnel fan club.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joew wrote:
You guys all pile on when an opinion that is out of synch with the party line comes up. ...As far as which talk radio host got me" ginned up" ... Mac that was a cheap shot. ...This is not the first time you pushed the talk radio dismissal button on an opinion that differs from yours. You jump to an erroneous conclusion,...

This is probably literally his thousandth time, Joe, if you count the "lying racist" crap, the deliberate misquotes and false accusations, and the total topic derailments whenever his facts and logic fail. I surely didn't plonk his ass because he's a rational debater. You expected anything else of him?
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joew,

Frankly, I think that you got clipped unfairly. From what I can recollect, your positions have consistently been more on the liberal side of the fence. However, like many of us have noted in the past, we can have a conservative side on particular issues.

Regarding the issue of free cellphones, I have to admit that there are signs that the program might be getting a bit overgrown and bloated. Hell, I've never owned a cell phone myself because having both a land line and a cell phone would cost too much in my view. Yet, one has to ask how much are things being twisted for political interests and goals. Given the fact that the program has been repeatedly targeted and distorted by our friends here on the right, I can see how you were suddenly judged negatively and tossed to the wolves. That's no excuse though. We shouldn't be too quick to judge.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chandler, if you don't own a cell phone, you need to rush right down and get an Obama Phone. I mean really, they are free, and anyone who doesn't have one can get one. I'm not joking.

You should own one anyway because they save you gas, money and time. I use mine all the time to find the cheapest gas, coupons, and quickest directions. I even have a program to get me around traffic jams....
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously doubt that I would qualify based on income. While I'm not rich in retirement, I have to think that I'm well over the income threshold. Overall though, I seriously doubt that the free phones being offered are smart phones with internet access.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
I seriously doubt that I would qualify based on income. While I'm not rich in retirement, I have to think that I'm well over the income threshold. Overall though, I seriously doubt that the free phones being offered are smart phones with internet access.

If she did you can.

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/08/02/reporter-jillian-kay-melchior-i-got-three-obama-phones-rampant-fraud-lifeline-program
pueno

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:

If she did you can.

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/08/02/reporter-jillian-kay-melchior-i-got-three-obama-phones-rampant-fraud-lifeline-program

Once again, Mr. B., choose credible sources. This IS Fox, after all. And we all know how much Fox loves Obama -- about as much as you do.

Any ol' excuse will do in order to denigrate him and pour on the hate.
joew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, it is not axiomatic that dislike of a program, or pointing out fraud or misuse indicates an instant political allegiance to one side of the isle or another. EG: I like John Mc Cain, I think he's a great American, A brave and courageous person devoted to duty. I also did not vote for him, because I think he's reckless and doesn't show good judgement, in his personal life, flying career, choice of a running mate (ditz), and his international affairs outlook. Does this make me a rabid fan of all things right wing because I personally admire a guy who sacrificed so much in the service of his country, Hell No!! too many lockstep goosesteppers on this forum, it aint all black and white. There should be a more even handed discourse on the issues.
techno900

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As usual, Pueno's focus on the source and not the FACTS. All funding for this program comes from tax payers, through the universal access fees and company profits, generated from tax payers using cell phones. Pueno, you and I are paying for this program, like it or not (assuming you have a cell phone).

If you are against the abuse, acknowledge it and suggest a solution. Otherwise, we must assume that you are OK with the waste and fraud, and that it is a good thing for the increasing number of "takers".
jp5

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joew wrote:
Again, it is not axiomatic that dislike of a program, or pointing out fraud or misuse indicates an instant political allegiance to one side of the isle or another. EG: I like John Mc Cain, I think he's a great American, A brave and courageous person devoted to duty. I also did not vote for him, because I think he's reckless and doesn't show good judgement, in his personal life, flying career, choice of a running mate (ditz), and his international affairs outlook. Does this make me a rabid fan of all things right wing because I personally admire a guy who sacrificed so much in the service of his country, Hell No!! too many lockstep goosesteppers on this forum, it aint all black and white. There should be a more even handed discourse on the issues.

Well said joe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 39 of 45

Jump to: