myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
No easy answers we're all farked
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pueno

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
A program that has nearly tripled in cost on his watch? Is there nothing you hold him accountable for?

Plenty. He promised some things he hasn't delivered, much of that due to the rabid right obstruction in Congress.

But not the so-called "Obamaphones," the topic of this discussion.

We had some very bad weather on "his watch," too. His fault?

You fruitcakes on the far right work overtime to fabricate misleading and downright dishonest horseshit to hang around his neck.

Want proof of your utter STUPIDITY? The House has voted 40 times to repeal Obamacare. Once wouldn't do it, twice wouldn't do it, three times wouldn't do it....

You scream and rant and rave and drool and piss and moan and whine and snivel about waste. There's some -- sink your teeth into the mindless stupidity of and waste by republican representatives.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the response, which is as thoughtful and courteous as the vast majority of your contributions. Perhaps you can remind us why someone who doesn't windsurf, pays a subscription to a windsurfing site and authors more than 1700 posts, none of them windsurfing related, and nearly all of them of the same quality as your last offering?
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those interested in a rather more intelligent debate, here are the facts which our non-windsurfing bomb thrower dismisses so elegantly as "misleading and downright dishonest horseshit"

Started in 1985, Lifeline pays companies $9.25 per customer per month. It disbursed $772 million in 2008 and $2.2 billion last year, according to the Universal Service Administrative Co., a Washington-based nonprofit that oversees the subsidies.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-04-25/richest-man-slim-cited-for-profiting-from-phones-for-poor.html

Last edited by mrgybe on Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for removing your post Coyotewindsurf. I would hate Pueno to describe your assertion that no subscription is needed to post to this forum as "misleading and downright dishonest hor...." well, you know the rest.
pueno

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
Perhaps you can remind us why someone who doesn't windsurf, pays a subscription to a windsurfing site and authors more than 1700 posts, none of them windsurfing related...

What subscription fee?

Anyway, you'll note that I confine myself to this forum only for an obvious reason. When I did post to other forums, it was in response to friend Brucie.

But you fruitcakes are more fun than Brucie was.

mrgybe wrote:
For those interested in a rather more intelligent debate, here are the facts which our non-windsurfing bomb thrower dismisses so elegantly as "misleading and downright dishonest horseshit"

Started in 1985, Lifeline pays companies $9.25 per customer per month. It disbursed $772 million in 2008 and $2.2 billion last year, according to the Universal Service Administrative Co., a Washington-based nonprofit that oversees the subsidies.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-04-25/richest-man-slim-cited-for-profiting-from-phones-for-poor.html

Did that $772M come out of income taxes?

No.

The fact that somebody pays somebody else $772M is not misleading horseshit. The misleading horseshit is you lay the blame for this on Obama. If you really don't like the Lifeline program or the abuse of it by freeloaders, then whine and snivel about its originator, Saint Reagan.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't descend to your juvenile level of discussion......but in summary, President Obama is only accountable for programs he initiated? Any programs initiated by previous Presidents are not his responsibility, no matter how much abuse occurs or how wildly they grow during his tenure? Even the most delusional sycophant couldn't possible believe that surely.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
I won't descend to your juvenile level of discussion....

Maybe not, but you're feeding it. Sad
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pueno doesn't windsurf? No wonder he's such a turd. GTF off of this site until you can gybe.
pueno

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. G. wrote:
I won't descend to your juvenile level of discussion......but in summary, President Obama is only accountable for programs he initiated? Any programs initiated by previous Presidents are not his responsibility, no matter how much abuse occurs or how wildly they grow during his tenure? Even the most delusional sycophant couldn't possible believe that surely.

Pretty narrow, shallow thinking there, Mr. G. But really no surprise...

You want Obama to do EVERYTHING but cry that he does nothing.

Mr. B. wrote:
Pueno doesn't windsurf? No wonder he's such a turd. GTF off of this site until you can gybe.

Oh, golly gee. "He's not like us, so we don't want him here."

Much like you guys treat our president.

Gosh, Mr. B, that's almost like racism.

But that aside, I have a question: How do all you guys fit into that little clown car?
joew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Bard, I wholeheartedly concur, I may not agree with you, Iso, and Mr. gybe, on every issue, but we are united by the singularly pure form of sailing we all share a passion for. Pueno, I think they have a political forum on Sailing Anarchy, maybe you would be more welcome over there. Your seemingly automatic ambushes on any and all of Brucie's posts were annoying, and small, odd as the guy was, he found joy in sailing and liked to talk about it. We have these diatribes here, and maybe if well aquainted with one another,over a post sesh beer or two. We're hangin' in boardshorts and bare feet, and you show up in a liesure suit and white patent leathers insisting to be included in the conversation.We all have lives, and then this other life also, Windsurfing!!, your presence here is as incongruous as a flag burner whose favorite bar is one at the American Legion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 37 of 45

Jump to: