myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
the big lie "the media is liberal"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
This doesn't relate directly to bias, but it clearly shows how far the media have strayed from verifying stories before broadcasting them.

For those living under a rock, some TV new media, based only on one source, broadcast the names of the four Korean pilots on that crashed Asiana flight as:

Sum Ting Wong
Wi Tu Lo
Ho Lee Fuk
Bang Dung Ow

SERIOUSLY!

this is tooo funny... this station is owned by who.... partisan right wing owned and run..

wiki
Quote:
KTVU, channel 2, is the Fox-affiliated television station serving the San Francisco Bay Area. Licensed to Oakland, California, the station is owned by the Cox Media Group subsidiary of Cox Enterprises (not related to the Fox Broadcasting Company),[1] making it the largest Fox affiliate by market size that is not owned and operated by the network. KTVU is a sister station to independent station KICU-TV (channel 36). The two stations share studio facilities located in Oakland at Jack London Square, and KTVU's transmitter is located at Sutro Tower in San Francisco.
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

considering how anything Zimmerman goes viral with the right wing owned media here is one I can not find but in less than a handful of listings. this one would be gerat for the headlines.

The fact that these jurors were meeting with their family over the weekends which seems to be unusual. And again how did juror 37 have a potential book deal in the makings before the end of the trial. plus in her interview on TV she spoke about stand your ground which the defense did not bring into this case. Note Juror 37s husband is a lawyer and she is a former female that had a concealed weapons permit.

New Accusations Against Zimmerman Jurors As Sheriffs Office Admits It Allowed Unsupervised Access

Read more: http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/07/20/new-accusations-against-zimmerman-jurors-as-sheriffs-office-admits-it-allowed-unsupervised-access/#ixzz2a60Dvl9Q

Quote:
And the concerns over Juror B37 are far older than that apparent after the trial. In watching her jury interview, one finds a very concerning pattern. As discussed by legal expert Gail Brashers-Krug, a former federal prosecutor and law professor and who is currently a criminal defense attorney in Iowa:

She really wants to be a juror. She seems to be going out of her way to minimize the disruptive effect of a multiweek trial on her life. Jurors rarely do that. She is also taking pains to avoid saying anything particularly sympathetic to either side. Both sides tend to be very skeptical of jurors who are particularly eager to serve on high-profile cases. Often they have their own agendas, or are attention-seekers.

We find a juror with their own agenda, who managed to sneak her way onto the jury, with unsupervised access to an element harboring their own viewpoint and opinion, and who aimed to profit off of a non-guilty verdict. She had the means, by having access to her husband unsupervised. She had the motive, by profiting off of a book deal. And she had the opportunity by being on the jury in the first place.

Jury tampering is a third degree felony in Florida, punishable by up to five years in prison. But with a man who would cover up a tuberculosis outbreak in charge of ensuring the judicial process is followed, it is highly doubtful a real investigation into jury tampering will happen in Florida.

Read more: http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/07/20/new-accusations-against-zimmerman-jurors-as-sheriffs-office-admits-it-allowed-unsupervised-access/#ixzz2a5t1nAbE

so again with the major interest the media has played why aren't they putting this front page....

Last edited by real-human on Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Police Chief Uploads YouTube Videos Firing Weapons, Ranting Reply with quote

If a liberal in a position of authority did this it would make the headlines of every right wing owned paper.

again if I owned the media I would plaster this one..

Police Chief Uploads YouTube Videos Firing Weapons, Ranting About "Libtards" and Calling for Militia Activism

http://www.alternet.org/culture/americas-scariest-police-chief
Quote:
Gilberton, Pennsylvania police chief Mark Kessler is earning himself a reputation as " America's scariest police chief." The right-wing leader of an armed paramilitary group appears to have a penchant for filming himself firing weapons, ranting about liberal America. In a video he had the gall to upload to YouTube, Kessler fires off rounds from automatic weapons during a profanity-laced rant about "libtards."

“F*ck all you libtards out there," says Kessler, adding, "as a matter of fact, read my shirt.” Kessler then turns around so the camera can see his back of his t-shirt, decorated by the profound observation, “Liberals take it in the ass.”
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

once again if I a liberal with an agenda owning the media would plaster this one all over the headlines of every major paper in the USA.

After Rand Paul accused Christie of taking government handouts and telling him he will beat him up if he continues. Now paul is sqealing like a pork barrel piglet saying be nice. When just the other day he said he would give it back and not back off.

Well Christie slam dunks Rand Paul's big handout taking mouth up today......

Christie hit Pauls so called libertarian no taxes and no handouts hypocritical big talk where it counts. Christies NJ gets 61 cents back for every dollar they pay in federal taxes. Where Rand Pauls porking is Kentucky is number ten in handouts getting 1.51 so a net leach off america.

http://swampland.time.com/2013/07/31/chris-christie-and-rand-paul-escalate-war-of-words/

Quote:
“They’re precisely the same people who are unwilling to cut the spending, and their `Gimme, gimme, gimme – give me all my Sandy money now.’” Paul said, according to the Associated Press. “Those are the people who are bankrupting the government and not letting enough money be left over for national defense.”

Read more: http://swampland.time.com/2013/07/31/chris-christie-and-rand-paul-escalate-war-of-words/#ixzz2adeB87nO

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/hannity/2013/07/30/sen-rand-paul-fires-back-gov-chris-christie

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/07/30/rand_paul_big_mistake_for_chris_christie_to_pick_a_war_with_me.html
Quote:
Rand Paul: "Big Mistake" For Chris Christie To "Pick A War With Me"

Lets see if that become front page of the national media.... like I would do.

or maybe they place it back page? online we have a bout 10 with the exact quote, and two are right wing owned media washing times and USA today. but as I say where do they pace it back page or the headines, and speaking of the headline they do not accentuate the most damning parts. IE with the specific quote from Christie, just another two or three ways ownership can play things down when owning the media.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how much the left wing media (i.e., anything left of Fox) is reporting about the e-mails proving the IRS is being used as a political weapon. Today's example: it demanded that an organization promoting fairness in elections submit volumes detailing the contents of the members' prayers. Many more such emails are being subpenaed.

Source: House Ways and Means Committee

And some lady named Kathleen (?)brecht was audited, persecuted, brought in for further investigation and/or harassed in person by five different government agencies (including IRS, DEA, EPA) when she merely APPLIED for tax exempt status for some conservative cause. FIVE AGENCIES? That rests 100% on the shoulders of the White House.

Source: a co-leader of the Congressional IRS investigation team, which is preparing to subpena the IRS chief who is blocking the investigation.

You lefties are either being played as fools, or you actually support this immoral and literally criminal activity.
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
I wonder how much the left wing media (i.e., anything left of Fox) is reporting about the e-mails proving the IRS is being used as a political weapon. Today's example: it demanded that an organization promoting fairness in elections submit volumes detailing the contents of the members' prayers. Many more such emails are being subpenaed.

Source: House Ways and Means Committee

And some lady named Kathleen (?)brecht was audited, persecuted, brought in for further investigation and/or harassed in person by five different government agencies (including IRS, DEA, EPA) when she merely APPLIED for tax exempt status for some conservative cause. FIVE AGENCIES? That rests 100% on the shoulders of the White House.

Source: a co-leader of the Congressional IRS investigation team, which is preparing to subpena the IRS chief who is blocking the investigation.

You lefties are either being played as fools, or you actually support this immoral and literally criminal activity.

well considering it made headline for a long time, yet we know the top level guy in charge as well as the person in charge of this group were both republicans. But the right wing owned media does not hammer that fact to their base as shown by this poster who seems to be clueless to the facts. Also the only group that I have heard of that lost their status was a liberal group. Still to this day the right wing has not shown one right wing partisan group that was not allowed to use it. yet it was a media circus.
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

again if I a liberal owned the media here is what I would put as a headline with this picture front page. I would do this every time a state puts in their racist voter exclusion laws.

again when Bush 2 and the rovian in-justice department put this (vote fraud by minorities) as one of the highest priorities of the in-justice department spending millions to 10s of millions of taxpayers money exactly how many instances did they find that having an ID would have prevented. Surely the right wing partisans know??? Well from what i read and remeber it was about 10 total, I have not seen the right wing give a number yet they want to deny about 3 million people the right to vote. If they are spending millions and making this such a priority, surely you have some facts behind your conclusions. Or are you just channeling from above with no facts to back up your nazi propaganda technique BIG LIE.

Please right wingers back up your paranoia with facts, before you make millions of people lose their vote. Many if not nearly every one of these americans relatives built this nation without a penny of pay for hundreds of years, and were whipped and beat to a pulp, raped, or hung, and this was for hundreds of years their family paid more than their dues to build this country. They have paid a higher price in their family to build this country than you ever have.

again I would put this picture and point on the front page every time the right wing racists put in restrictive laws to prevent minorities from voting.

Needless to say we do not see this point in the right wing owned media.
nw30

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just say what you mean w/o all the long paragraphs, 'I have only one card to play, it's the race card'.

People like you are a big part of the race problem.
mac

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here comes insensitive NW, complaining that noticing racism is actually the problem. And what say you to the redistricting effort in Texas, intended to oust a black majority School Board?

Quote:
BEAUMONT, Tex. — There is little agreement on anything, even when it all started, but sometime in the last decade the Beaumont Independent School District became a battle zone.

Tempers have flared at school board meetings and lawsuits have been filed, as a mostly white group of critics have charged the black-majority school board with enabling corruption, wasteful spending and academic cheating. The school board’s majority denies the charges and says the whites simply cannot tolerate black control.

Determined to change the board but aware that the incumbents could not be beaten in the current districts, the critics pursued alternatives. Last December, they pushed for a new election method that was approved, along narrow racial lines, in a citywide referendum. The Justice Department, citing Section 5 of the Voting Rights Act, objected to the new method and it was dropped.

Then, in April, the critics took advantage of a little-noticed state statute that rendered three of the board’s black incumbents unexpectedly disqualified from the next election, a procedural maneuver affirmed by a Texas appeals court. This, too, was blocked by the Justice Department.

But throughout the spring, Michael D. Getz, a city councilman and a leader of the crusade to remake the board, kept a close eye on the United States Supreme Court. “I thought, ‘Well, this might not be the last word on this,’ ” he said.

The last word, for now, will come this week, when the Supreme Court rules on the constitutionality of Section 5. Passed in 1965 at the height of the civil rights movement and renewed and amended several times since, the section requires states, counties, cities, school boards, water districts and other jurisdictions where there has been a history of racial discrimination to submit any proposed voting changes to the Justice Department for approval, or “preclearance.”

How about the frank admissions of election officials in more than one state that voter ID laws, restrictions on voting hours and booths in some districts, and so forth are all intended to reduce minority voting? NW--the source of racism is organized activities by Republicans to reduce minority voters because their policies and budget cuts have eliminated any chances of improving Republican groups percentages from those groups.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
'I have only one card to play, it's the race card'.

People like you are a big part of the race problem.

Have Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson joined the fray?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 85 of 277

Jump to: