myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
America's Cup parking SNAFU at Crissy Field
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Riptide

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: America's Cup parking SNAFU at Crissy Field Reply with quote

Words can not express my emotions of being shut out from parking at Crissy today because of the America's Cup...there was plenty of parking and never a need to close the parking lot but the park conservancy hired parking docents who were incompetent.
dukgyb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what time did you get to crissy
dvCali

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: America's Cup parking SNAFU at Crissy Field Reply with quote

Riptide wrote:
Words can not express my emotions of being shut out from parking at Crissy today because of the America's Cup...there was plenty of parking and never a need to close the parking lot but the park conservancy hired parking docents who were incompetent.

It is not the parking docents, don't blame the small guys: it is corporate greed that does not give a frack about anything or anybody but getting their stupid cup and a real estate deal as a bonus.

Frankly the level of naivete demonstrated by the city (and many others) in dealing with this scum amazes me. Remember? Among other things (little things like 2 billion dollars to the Bay Area, up to 20 teams competing, and boats that were supposed to be able to handle more than 30 knots of wind) the Cup was supposed to bring beach clean ups, environmental "upgrades", even a new water access at Treasure Island! And at every step, including the access to the beach at Crissy, it worked the same: big promises, assurances and even grandstanding when people wanted a bit more than promises, and then when the deal is done they do as they please.
mike_a_s

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh stop whining ...jeez...just go sail somewhere else
rigatoni

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dvCali-I have my Mao hat on. Let's storm the Bastille.

Seriously-racing is done at 2-3pm everyday. If you want to sail earlier, go somewhere else.
dvCali

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rigatoni wrote:
dvCali-I have my Mao hat on. Let's storm the Bastille.

Seriously-racing is done at 2-3pm everyday. If you want to sail earlier, go somewhere else.

So funny, and such a perfect sign of the times, that advocating trivial things like access to a public beach and transparency in government of a city is enough to be called a Maoist ... but maybe you DO want to join in storming the Bastille ... (i.e. the Oracle headquarters?) Shocked

As far as going to Crissy, I'll back in October Wind-SUPPING Very Happy
spanker_jeep

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

America's cup sailing is not a single season event. Now that SF is garnering the sailing world's attention and money for facilities (3rd St.) count on this being a continual issue.

Crissy is too isolated. If you decide to sail there and get skunked it's 40 minutes to get to 101.
jpf18

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suba-rude wrote:
count on this being a continual issue.

Well then GO EMNZ!

It shouldn't be considered the visitors/sailors fault (wrong time, too isolated) when the parking attendants are found blocking off access to East Beach even if there's plenty of space on the grounds.
The straight line from A to B here is for their management to make the proper adjustments.
spanker_jeep

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Constant development pressure. Remember when Crissy was Crissy. Warehouses, dirt parking lot with 100's of parking spots, cars getting stuck in sand dunes. Launching upwind @ the Coast Guard Station Pier? Been a bird sanctuary now for 12 years windsurfing is a no no. Too much going on there now. It's a great place to sneak a weekday sail but weekends?
starfish

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Born at letterman army hospital right up the road from crissy. Played on the runway as a kid in the 60's. The place sucks now. Move away and hope California falls into the ocean.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: