myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Lawnmowers Please
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Respect your elders. Reply with quote

biffmalibu wrote:
A little civil communication and courtesy goes far, and I think it's still OK to disagree because at least there has been civil communication ...

I think ya'll whipper-snappers ought to think twice about disrespecting your elders, especially as we seem to be in the vast majority currently. I wouldn't want to cross a mob of geezers as the consequences would probably be much more creative and nefarious (silent). Laughing

Or uncivil, if it's well-deserved and it gets the message across (as in my post immediately above). If I pull a total bonehead maneuver, I deserve the Fickle Finger of Fate and take my medicine.

Just as I was about to pass a guy from behind and below him, his lee hand shot out into an unmistakable leeward turn signal. He may as well have had blinkers, as I instinctively knew and appreciated what he meant: he's gonna bang one offa fat lip whether I liked it or not. I laughed, swerved somewhere else, and a good time was had by all.

And, yeah ... geezers just might get even, even if not outwardly mad. Beyond that I'll take the Fifth.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Westender was basically assaulted. Reply with quote

mgrolnick wrote:
Rule 17 - Action by Stand-on Vessel: para (a)(i) Where one of two vessels is to keep out of the way, the other shall keep her course and speed.

Asked and answered; Good luck wid dat. Wink
underwood

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Westender was basically assaulted. Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
mgrolnick wrote:
Rule 17 - Action by Stand-on Vessel: para (a)(i) Where one of two vessels is to keep out of the way, the other shall keep her course and speed.

Asked and answered; Good luck wid dat. Wink

DUH!
westender

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry for using the "R" word in a previous statement. I have a family member that has been mentally challenged since birth, and, she had a stroke recently which has not helped her thinking, so it's not like I don't know what I'm talking about when I throw around the R word.

We all need to make the best use of our faculties to avoid making bad or dangerous decisions.

Which was my point here from the get go. Don't be a D/B.

Cool
johnl

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
johnl wrote:
BUT the question is how do you know they "deliberately get directly in the way"? .... they say "yeah I saw you, so get out of my way!" then deal with them appropriately Evil or Very Mad

Sometimes it's clearly incompetence. Idiot Hatchery newbie correctly yelling "Look out; I can't steer", as she rammed or cut off anyone unable to avoid her for a whole session. Or people ahead of you jibing successfully but w/o looking, then getting BIG eyes when they exit the jibe into your face; they don’t know you’re ready to dodge, so your point is made without uttering a word.
Mike \.!./

Wow, if I got pissed about people not looking before they jibe I would need very large amounts of alcohol every night to sleep Smile Unfortunately looking before you jibe does not seem to be common at all, and in fact if you sail in most places in the gorge you will find most do not look about 80% of the time (even I have been guilty of this, but try very hard not to be).

All things considered I guess we are lucky more people aren't getting hurt...
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnl wrote:
Wow, if I got pissed about people not looking before they jibe ... looking before you jibe does not seem to be common at all ... most do not look about 80% of the time

Never implied, felt, or said I was pissed; I just related one technique for alerting people to the hazards of jibing blind, as you advised: "deal with them appropriately" The Twisted Evil part was and is your idea. You sound like the clowns on my killfile list just making accusations up ... the very stuff you criticized last year.

And which is it, "not common" or "80%"?
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“Get out of MY ^!%•ª¶%* way”.

What kind of attitude leads to comments like the one above?
starfish

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gota love a 3.2 3.7 day at the hatch. There was both baf and swell riders today. With so few people on the water it was not crowded. And only two kiters, I think they were doing a down winder. Very Happy
johnl

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
johnl wrote:
Wow, if I got pissed about people not looking before they jibe ... looking before you jibe does not seem to be common at all ... most do not look about 80% of the time

Never implied, felt, or said I was pissed; I just related one technique for alerting people to the hazards of jibing blind, as you advised: "deal with them appropriately" The Twisted Evil part was and is your idea. You sound like the clowns on my killfile list just making accusations up ... the very stuff you criticized last year.

And which is it, "not common" or "80%"?

Wow, you REALLY think the world revolves around you. In FACT I was agreeing with you. Don't worry, I won't do it again.....
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnl wrote:
In FACT I was agreeing with you..

Sorry, but I couldn't tell it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: