myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
EXOCET RS7 90 cm wide Raceboard performance
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dllee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember, those are just guidelines based on the person's weight, preference, and sail sizing, with PREFERENCE a huge factor.
For instance, a 220 lbs rider would/could use bigger fins and sails.
A really lightweight rider would use smaller fins.
And underpowered to overpowered might require 3 different sized fins.
And fin length is not the only criteria. Some fins have wide chords and tips, while other's narrow and much less area.
cmoffett

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I e-mailed Exocet in France and Patrice Belbeoch had their shaper Jean send me the width 30 cm (they are accustomed to cm) from the tail. Width is 67.8 cm. Virtually the same as 26 3/4 inches. 26.75 times 2.54 = 67.9 cm

Very timely and impressive response. It confirms response from Curtis.
cmoffett

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everybody for all your input. It really helped me in many ways. I, along with two friends, placed an order for three RS7s last week. They should arrive next week. Whenever we get wind (unlikely in the short term) and we're able to test the boards, I can give feedback to those who are interested. Just let me know.

Chuck
waterloo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmoffett wrote:
Thanks everybody for all your input. It really helped me in many ways. I, along with two friends, placed an order for three RS7s last week. They should arrive next week. Whenever we get wind (unlikely in the short term) and we're able to test the boards, I can give feedback to those who are interested. Just let me know.

Chuck

Interested to know how the RS7 turned out for you?

How is the planing, ease of use, footstrap position, gybing?

Cheers
cmoffett

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have sailed the board five or six times with a 60 cm fin and an 8.0 Retro. Several days were marginal winds and I went back to the Formula board when winds got very light to lousy. It's been a while since I sailed it (back injury), but here are my comments:

Planing is very quick, almost as quick as Formula. When I get my front foot in the strap, the board seems to want to take off.

Ease of use - It seems pretty easy to use, except from time to time it seems to have a mind of its own and goes upwind or downwind slightly. As I get more familiar with the board, I hope to overcome that tendency.

The footstraps are way out toward the rails, but that hasn't posed a problem for me. No dragging my heels in the water or anything like that. The positioning from front to rear seems fine and several front to rear adjustments are available.

Jibing is easy, much easier than Formula. You can place carving pressure much nearer to the center of the board. But I need more time to master speed throughout the jibe.

Speed is good and would probably be better with a bigger sail, but I am anti-big sail.

Tacking is easy, even with the short nose.

The other two people who bought the board with me love the board. They owned two 90 cm wide Exocets before and prefer the new ones.

I weighed the board at approx. 18 lbs. without straps.

I hope this answers your questions.
waterloo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, thanks for the reply.

I hope your back is on the mend.

Cheers
TheAdmiral

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Has anyone any experience with the large speed slider(88 wide) comparing it to the rs7. I know it's longer which I like in a board for smooth planning and good glide. There is one for sale locally and was curious how early planning this board was!! Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: