myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Bizarre Stuff
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insane messages from Richland are impossible to keep up with, but this is pretty classic:

Quote:
Wonder if BSNBC is supporting the (tens of?) thousands of people who openly SUPPORT Dorner's rampage as a legitimate form of protest.

Wonder is every last one of them lives in CA and/or recently attended an Ivy League school.

Now I didn't attend an Ivy League school (is Iso jealous of those who did?) but I haven't heard anyone support Dorner's rampage. It is a tragedy that 4 people died. It may, or may not, mean something about the screening processes of the military and the LAPD that a man with this much rage was an officer in both forces. It is entirely possible that this rage developed later--we will never know. It is as unseemly to speculate, without knowledge, about the motives of those who live in California, as it is of Dorner himself. Speaking personally, I'm glad he is dead, I wish he hadn't take four others with him. It is not surprising that Iso would make such an ad hominem attack (a term I learned from his ranting), and I wouldn't be surprised if Faux news egged him on.

For sure Mike Fick is too unstable to be trusted with even a car license, much less a weapon that fires projectiles.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
Just bought a ton of GE stock 2 months ago!!!Schwinnggg!

Barron's annual Round Table of 9 or 10 of the world's top financiers broadly concluded that you're on the right track, in principle. I.e., our best bet is individual stocks, not funds. The remaining challenge, of course, is picking the right ones ... or maybe waiting for the economy to fail and buy everything at dimes on the dollar (paraphrasing the CEO of Charles Schwab) ... or maybe buying gold and silver (re Bill Gross, manager of the largest fund in the world).
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLASH!!! GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL SAYS SOMETHING STUPID!

Here's an 800-pound DUH! from the Associated Press:

SEATTLE (AP) - Washington high school students who participated in a statewide survey say they are twice as likely to smoke marijuana as cigarettes, and the state's top health official said Thursday she's worried that [Washington's new law legalizing pot] may make prevention efforts more difficult.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If only it were true!

http://www.lifenews.com/2013/06/20/chelsea-clinton-laments-my-grandmother-did-not-have-access-to-planned-parenthood/
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/irs-sent-46378040-refunds-23994-unauthorized-aliens-1-atlanta-address

Why do we need the IRS?
windoggi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/irs-sent-46378040-refunds-23994-unauthorized-aliens-1-atlanta-address

Why do we need the IRS?
How about a collection plate?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

windoggie wrote:
stevenbard wrote:

Why do we need the IRS?
How about a collection plate?

There are many ways to raise revenue without an army of facists, lobbyists, bureaucrats, and accountants. Only a few years before my father was born, there was no IRS or income tax.
techno900

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the questions is - were these refunds of taxes paid or total fraud getting refunds of funds NOT paid? Any questions about large government and their problems?
techno900

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding Bard's post and my response.

Now I wonder how this all works. An illegal gets a job where he is required to come up with a SS number, so his employer withholds taxes and pays them to the government. Does the illegal use the name that came with the stolen SS number or does he use his name with the stolen number? If he uses his real name, one would think the IRS would notice the discrepancy. If he used the name on the stolen SS number, then I guess the scam could work. It also seems that both the employer and the IRS have their heads up their rears. If this is all true, it seems utterly amazing that our system can't track and manage all of this. One has to wonder if the IRS even cares that they are refunding tax money to illegals.

Of course, this all assumes that the taxes were actually paid and then refunded and not scammed from the government. Once again, how about the WHOLE story? No one in the IRS can write a computer program to flag refunds where more than 5 go to any one address? Just amazing.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The IRS sent 11,284 refunds worth a combined $2,164,976 to unauthorized alien workers at a second Atlanta address; 3,608 worth $2,691,448 to a third; and 2,386 worth $1,232,943 to a fourth. Other locations on the IG’s Top Ten list for singular addresses that were theoretically used simultaneously by thousands of unauthorized alien workers, included an address in Oxnard, Calif, where the IRS sent 2,507 refunds worth $10,395,874; an address in Raleigh, North Carolina, where the IRS sent 2,408 refunds worth $7,284,212; an address in Phoenix, Ariz., where the IRS sent 2,047 refunds worth $5,558,608; an address in Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., where the IRS sent 1,972 refunds worth $2,256,302; an address in San Jose, Calif., where the IRS sent 1,942 refunds worth $5,091,027; and an address in Arvin, Calif., where the IRS sent 1,846 refunds worth $3,298,877. Since 1996, the IRS has issued what it calls Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ITINs) to two classes of persons: 1) non-resident aliens who have a tax liability in the United States, and 2) aliens living in the United States who are “not authorized to work in the United States.” The IRS has long known it was giving these numbers to illegal aliens, and thus facilitating their ability to work illegally in the United States. For example, the Treasury Inspector General’s Semiannual Report to Congress published on Oct. 29, 1999—nearly fourteen years ago—specifically drew attention to this problem.

I have one such employee who has worked for me for 12 years. The IRS says they think he's illegal, so we ask them for proof so we can fire him. They can't. He then gives us his new taxpayer ID # and we send it to the IRS. They then stop threatening to fine us. Nobody knows if he's legal or not. What a way to run a country.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 26 of 37

Jump to: