myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Big Oil and citizenship
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 79, 80, 81  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slinky wrote:
The whole war on terror is bullshit!

>21,000 deaths in >24,000 terrorist attacks JUST SINCE 9/11 is BS?

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Pages/TheList.htm
mac

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windoggie offers a little support for a comment by scared bully Mike:

Quote:
I'd like to see you say that to his face, instead of hiding behind your keyboard

Maybe because I'm so big a lot of things don't frighten me as much as gun-totin' Mike. I'm really a pretty mild mannered guy--the biggest threat to my wife was cars racing that nearly killed her. I know how important it is to be alive and enjoying your time. The second picture on this link is the Bruiser at work, terrifying kids: http://www.berkeleypublicschoolsfund.org/

If you think about it, it might give you some clue as to why I hold most conservatives in such contempt. They can give you hundreds of slogans about spending other people's money--but what they are really doing is stealing from the future of these kids and the country.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruiser wrote:
And mrgybe, when his hypocrisy (or his multiple errors and untruths) is pointed out makes a snarky comment and doesn't respond substantively.

Once again, I will offer $10,000 to your favorite charity if you can quote examples of those multiple errors and untruths. You have never been able to take advantage of this offer on the numerous times it has been offered previously. People will start to think that Mendacious is your middle name. Or perhaps, since you struggle with long words, liar is a description you will be better equipped to understand.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
slinky wrote:
The whole war on terror is bullshit!

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Pages/TheList.htm

Yes it is Isobars. We could have spent 10% of the money we did on killing people in the middle east, and spying on Americans, and instead figured out who is here, and why. THIS IS OUR COUNTRY.

Ben Franklin "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety". Our founding fathers were genius's.

And Mac, we are virtually self sufficient in energy. It seems we are protecting Japan and Europe. We no longer need middle east oil. Everybody else does.
mac

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

your mischaracterization of the Harvard Study on Medicare is only the most recent. Your "clever" abuse of my career at the Port of Oakland where I pioneered air quality mitigation among all of the American ports and you presented the precise opposite. Your misinformation on DDT bioaccumulation. Your posting of the "Obama phone" video. All of them untrue. This is, of course, forgiving your endless spinning and presenting only one side of a complex issue as a fact.

Try writing to Ask Amy. You keep calling others a liar while you lie.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
isobars wrote:

Yes it is Isobars. We could have spent 10% of the money we did on killing people in the middle east, and spying on Americans, and instead figured out who is here, and why.

How?

Besides, Slinky is apparently saying the war in terror is a fabrication of the U.S. government, not that it is inefficient.
keycocker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islam is a non inclusive society because in the first days they were a beacon of civilization in a world of barbarians. The book that goes with the Koran is all about living civilized.No pork full of worms, no alchohol, pray to God five times a day. They go without food and water during the day for a month every year to remind them of the people who live like that always and encourage the faithful to fight grinding poverty.
They invented our numbers, astronomy,built electric batteries in the 11th century.
They felt that those who did not accept god should be swept aside.Same god as the Jews by the way and now the Christians.
After thousands of years their time is now over and the absolute rules must change in the 21st century.
After carrying the torch all these years they are not going out without their zealots and criminals fighting to the death for a no longer needed restrictive society.
That is tearing the old Muslim world apart right now and our losses are in many ways collateral damage. We are sweeping over them without even trying.
In the end the terrorist attacks are like the Amazon tribesmen who throw spears at outsiders. Their society is finished but just can't lay down for it yet.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruiser wrote:
your mischaracterization of the Harvard Study on Medicare is only the most recent.

More make believe. Indeed there was misrepresentation......yours in stating the the study proved illegal immigrants are a net benefit to the US. It did nothing of the sort.

bruiser wrote:
Your "clever" abuse of my career at the Port of Oakland where I pioneered air quality mitigation among all of the American ports and you presented the precise opposite..

No I didn't. The local press, surrounding community and environmental activists did. Maybe they are lying.
bruiser wrote:
Your misinformation on DDT bioaccumulation.

Speak to the Clinton and Gates Foundations.......and the WHO. They all agree with me, as do the people I have worked with on Malaria control in Africa for the last 20+ years.
bruiser wrote:
Your posting of the "Obama phone" video. All of them untrue.
Trying to understand how a video can be "untrue". Are you suggesting that it was doctored? If so, please speak to the Washington Post. Or is it that you simply don't understand what untrue means any more?

My $10,000 is safe.
mac

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The totality of my post, with no spin or misinterpretation, from "The Obstructionist Party etc. page 87.
Quote:
By SABRINA TAVERNISE

Published: May 29, 2013 227
Immigrants have contributed billions of dollars more to Medicare in recent years than the program has paid out on their behalf, according to a new study, a pattern that goes against the notion that immigrants are a drain on federal health care spending.

Immigrants stood to sing the national anthem at a citizenship ceremony in New York this month. A study by researchers at Harvard Medical School shows that immigrants help cover the growing costs of Medicare and Social Security.

The study, led by researchers at Harvard Medical School, measured immigrants’ contributions to the part of Medicare that pays for hospital care, a trust fund that accounts for nearly half of the federal program’s revenue. It found that immigrants generated surpluses totaling $115 billion from 2002 to 2009. In comparison, the American-born population incurred a deficit of $28 billion over the same period.

Mrgybe's comment, from the same page: As for the Harvard study...........it referenced immigrants, not illegal immigrants

The actual language from the study:

Quote:
the estimate suggests that undocumented immigrants’ net contribution to Medicare is about $2.5 billion. Although undocumented immigrants are probably also underrepresented in the MEPS data, this should have little impact on our findings since Medicare expenditures on their behalf are minimal.

Now I know that you righties relish using politically correct and offensive terms like "illegal immigrants", and you never apologize--but insist that your workout buddies prove you are no bigot. But your statement is flat wrong, and belied by the actual quote.

Your conclusion above:

Quote:
Indeed there was misrepresentation......yours in stating the the study proved illegal immigrants are a net benefit to the US. It did nothing of the sort.

is also a lie. I simply quoted the study, and then rebutted your conclusion.

You may send your check to the Berkeley Public Schools Fund, and name it to the Le Conte scholarship fund. Here's there url: http://www.berkeleypublicschoolsfund.org/

You were dead wrong on the Port of Oakland, but demonstrated your character amply. Someone who is willing to believe the worst of somebody, and has no real thirst for the truth, can selectively cull information from sources. But you made first team all ostrich; when actually presented with facts you simply stopped reading and responding. I'll be waiting for the check--and I will send immigrant kids to college with it.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruiser wrote:
Someone who is willing to believe the worst of somebody, and has no real thirst for the truth, can selectively cull information from sources.

From the mouth of the expert.

I have forwarded your comments with regard to the Port of Oakland to the San Francisco Chronicle, to The Urban Habitat, to The Examiner, to The West Oakland Environmental Indicators Project, to the Pacific Institute, to the West Oakland Community Residents Association, to the San Fransisco Sierra Club, to Oakland North and to your dear friend, Margaret Gordon. All these folks seem to be under the distinct impression that the Port of Oakland has a disastrous pollution record. Surprising that they are all wrong. Fortunately the situation, while still bad, has been improving since 2009. New management perhaps?

With regard to the Harvard study...........you did not quote it. You quoted a NY Times article which pushes it's agenda by deliberately attempting to confuse legal immigrants with those here illegally. More obfuscation. The Harvard Study's focus was on the contribution of legal immigrants. No-one here has disputed that contribution.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 11 of 81

Jump to: