myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
The Andrea Gale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrWind

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: The Andrea Gale Reply with quote

Sailed solo for 3.5 hours at Kalmus Beach from 5 ti 8:30 AM on a 4.0. No one else showed up until around 7:30 - 8 AM. Guessing winds in the 30-40+ range.

Winds shut down soon after I left. Hopefully the two kites and windsurfer were able to get to shore.

Lars
boardsurfr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard that the windsurfer made it back to Egg Island, and then had to swim his gear across the channel. Probably better than waiting 6 hours for the wind to come back.
wynsurfer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lars, Glad you timed things right after the 2.5 hr. drive. I stayed put here in Old Saybrook. Early morning to around noon saw shifting wind out of the north, northeast nothwest west and around noon southwest at 15-25 or so. I sailed a few hours with a 5.8 in sunny conditions, so I was very happy. The storm moved very quickly, and I was afraid the wind might suddenly die or shift. NWS forcast for long island sound was not accurate at all. Are you surprised?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: