myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
ARCHIVE: Where We Sailed Today, Thread Part I.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 423, 424, 425, 426, 427  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beallmd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so Berk was Epic. Went to 3rd, onshore pidley, finally went to Rio, 5.0-4.7ish nice, warm, but hoping for epic tomorrow in Am. Drove by Berk, who knew it would be epic. Oh well, live and learn.
beallmd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so Berk was Epic. Went to 3rd, onshore pidley, finally went to Rio, 5.0-4.7ish nice, warm, but hoping for epic tomorrow in Am. Drove by Berk, who knew it would be epic. Oh well, live and learn.
johnarmitage

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: TI Sat Reply with quote

[quote="rigatoni"]TI went ballistic around 2:30pm. I came off the water when I couldn't hold down the 4.0 anymore. 180 lb guys out on 3.5's. I've never seen that place that windy before.

Ditto. I'm 6'5", 215 lbs and after a white knuckle hour on the 5.0 (which I sail for the low 30's) I had to quit. Went to the 4.2 which gets used every five years or so for 35-and up. After a complete flattening (the sail, and me a few times) I endured another 20 minutes before admitting defeat.

In 18 years of bay & gorge sailing that has never happened.

I was swallowed whole by one breaking swell. Had to exit w/5.0 at the pipe as could not sail downwind.
rigatoni

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round 2 of 3.5-4.0 conditions this morning at the Sign. Three advil and coffee breakfast. So much for the light wind forecast this weekend.
ERROR!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Sherman Island Access Park Reply with quote

As windy as it gets! Fantastic morning ebb tide, so I used the 3.5 that I bought for my kid. It's my sail now! What a blast!
boggsman1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sign was was awesome this morning, 4 hours of pounding . Me tired.
windoggi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a change at Berkeley today. Breezy early, then shut down by the fog. Huge mats of weeds...churned up by yesterdays hurricane I assume.
madmanex

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rd Avenue was like a ghost town this afternoon. Yeah, the wind was a little southwest, so we were sailing off toward SFO instead of toward the channel marker. But if you could get waterstarted in the wind shadow near the launch it was full on 4.6 conditions out there.

And mark this down, there was not ONE kiteboarder in sight. Apparently, kiteboarding has been canceled. Smile Smile
veterduet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Pt. Isabel/Marina Bay Reply with quote

Yesterday Isabel shut down early - today it was fun from 12 to 2 on a 5.2. Just me and a flock of kiters.
dvCali

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: June 12th Stick Reply with quote

Stop at the Stick on the way to Coyote, and the wind started to blow so I stayed. Rigged 4.3, got out, too much, back out with the SFUL 3.7 for a great afternoon overpowered to ouch-a-bit-too-much. At least 20 sailors out. Very very very nice Very Happy

Last edited by dvCali on Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 423, 424, 425, 426, 427  Next
Page 424 of 427

Jump to: