myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Pipe dream? Obamacare
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 199, 200, 201  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coboardhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW,
Prior to the implementation of the ACA, health care was funded at nearly 45 percent by government. With the aging population, that number was projected to increase to well over 50 percent in the next decade. For half the medical costs we have been effectively a single payer.

The ACA really affects, directly, a small portion of health care. For the most part, the vast majority of people will not see any changes to their health care. The problems of dealing with cost shifting, treating indigent, aging and too sick to insure populations are with us regardless of the ACA.

$8600 is what it cost per capita to supply health care prior to the implementation of the ACA. Should it surprise anyone that insurance costs reflect that?
keycocker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at Gybes links. The article about Bachman was a breathless adoration of her.
Seriously breathless Her herioism is endless and the meanies kept her from being President even though she was the first choice of the American people.
pueno

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
I looked at Gybes links. The article about Bachman was a breathless adoration of her.
Seriously breathless Her herioism is endless and the meanies kept her from being President even though she was the first choice of the American people.

The comedy industry is seriously sad that she will no longer provide the endless bounty of whacky fruitcake batshit crazy material they loved to parody. But, of course, the rabid right continues to backfill behind the loss of Bachmann by supplying additional crazies to fill her spot. After all, the Palin legacy of nuttiness lasted for years after she quit her job. And there was O'Donnell, Angel, Miller, Murdoch, Akin.... They'll find more wingnuts to fill the void.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:

You are well known for works of fiction, but since, to the best of my recollection, I have never provided a link to an article about Bachmann, this fantasy is weirder than most.
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you always include an insult with every post these days?
I took the time to read the material you offered as worthy.
having never seen the site I read other articles offered there to see where you were coming from in your research.
So yes ,in fact you did offer a link to a Bachman story along with other related material like the health care story.
Do you read widely on the sites you send us to?
No big deal if you don't but I ask for a bit of courtesy since I do read your links at times.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
I took the time to read the material you offered as worthy.
............but chose to offer sarcastic commentary on a totally unrelated topic.

keycocker wrote:
So yes ,in fact you did offer a link to a Bachman story along with other related material like the health care story.
So that we all understand..........if you post a link to a specific article in the New York Times, you are actually providing a link to any article, on any topic, that is available on the NYT web site, and should be prepared to be associated with any of those totally unrelated articles? Surely you can see how absurd that is.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good link to a story about Obamacare that debunks a lot of the noise the right wing fear factory is producing these days.
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/06/obamacare-a-war-on-bros.html
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if I provide a link to the times, you are welcome to look around to see where my research comes from.
If someone here makes a point and backs it up with a link to a Nazi site then we will better understand where they are coming from.
You sent us to a site without any Nazis, but with an article about Bachman and a lot of other comedy material, then insulted me for reporting the things I found there.
Please don't respond to my posts in the future,
I have had it with that sort of behavior.
You complain about such actions directed at you but eagerly do the same quite often.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nazi site........oh my! The amusing part of all this is it seems I did not post the link to which you refer. I believe you are referring to a link that NW30 posted. Is he banned from responding to you also?
mac

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed the posting was by NW, and in a right wing newsite run by L. Brent Bozell. Sourcewatch on him:

Quote:
L. Brent Bozell III is the founder and President of the Media Research Center, which calls itself a conservative media watchdog organization;[1] and founder and former President of the Parents Television Council, which his Townhall.com biographical note describes as "the only Hollywood-based organization dedicated to restoring responsibility to the entertainment industry." [2]

"In June 1998, Mr. Bozell launched the Conservative Communications Center (C3) to provide the conservative movement with the marketing and public relations tools necessary to deliver its message into the 21st century. C3's online news division, the Cybercast News Service at www.CNSNews.com, has become a major internet news source with a full staff of journalists in its Washington, DC metro bureau, and operates bureaus in London and Jerusalem, with other correspondents around the world," his biographical note states.[2]

"Bozell is a nationally syndicated writer whose work has appeared in a wide range of publications.

Bozell is Executive Director of the Conservative Victory Committee (CVC), "an independent multi-candidate political action committee that has helped elect dozens of conservative candidates over the past ten years. He was National Finance Chairman for the 1992 Buchanan for President campaign, and Finance Director and later President of the former National Conservative Political Action Committee (NCPAC). He currently belongs to the Council for National Policy (CNP) and sits on the Board of Directors of the American Conservative Union (ACU)," his biographical note states.[2][3]

Bozell served as president of the Parents Television Council from its creation in 1995 until stepping down at the end of 2006.[4]

Mrgybe sticks to Oily News Today.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 199, 200, 201  Next
Page 43 of 201

Jump to: