myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Brians Windsurfing moved out of position at Event Site
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
promotion

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Brians Windsurfing moved out of position at Event Site Reply with quote

Driving by the windsurf and kiteboard schools staging area at the Event Site the other day, I noticed Brian’s Windsurfing school had been moved from his regular location up front.

Brian has been a colorful fixture in our windsport community for many years. On the beach, he offers help and advice not only to his students but also to visiting windsurfers, kite boarders, paddlers, or anyone needing assistance. He often goes out of his way to jetski rescue kiteboarders in trouble. Brian lives the sport heart and soul and brings his good-natured attitude to the beach every day.

Update: I recently had a chance to review the renewal application process that each of the schools went through and found it to be extremely fair and unbiased. As part of the process, each school was given a priority to select a location based on the proposal they submitted. Brian was granted a renewal to operate his school; he lost his former location but is setting up near by.

Dana Love – ProMotion Wetsuits Hood River, Oregon.

Last edited by promotion on Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
willysurf

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I heard that Rhonda Smith-Sanchez is moving into that spot.
scorpionfish

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

willysurf wrote:
Yes, I heard that Rhonda Smith-Sanchez is moving into that spot.

Seriously?
surfersteve

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all knew someone was going to get screwed on this deal... A few long-time contributors like Brian and a few others had some other tag-a-longs who thought they would get into the game in the second (third?) round. Unfortunately politics of unknown forces somehow determined which businesses would and would not make the final cut down there.
surfersteve

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find all of that pretty hard to believe. Big Winds and the other shops have developed long-standing relationships with these companies. No way they are going to dump.all.those dealers. No way. Doesn't make any sense I don't care what her rep was/is.
loosescrew

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have to agree with Dana on this. It really sucks how those dedicated to these activities, work hard to build a reputation, sink all their earnings back into a love for the sport and then get shit on. What happened to our community?
TBird

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Har Har, Willysurf. But I appreciate Dana bringing this to our attention on the forum. Brian has been a rock-solid supporter of windsurfing in this community for years. He tirelessly promotes the sport, is a terrific instructor, donates time for windsurfing/kiteboarding events and, as Dana pointed out, goes out of his way to help visitors, newbies and anyone else needing assistance. Seems he's done the same thing with the kiteboarding side of his business, too. I appreciate all that he's done.

What, yet another ill-fated Port decision? Sigh.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well just talking about it won't change a thing. Why don't you all rally together and make a change if you feel so strongly about this?
Nukin

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I smell Big Winds in the air. This is what happens when a shop owner has influence on the Port board. It's funny. Big Winds can't have a kite school so instead they have a exclusive deal with a kite school and use their power to benefit that school.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does losing most of their online and brick'n'mortar board distributorships benefit BW? (I notice that comment has been deleted, though.)

I smell rumors and assumptions in the air.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: