myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Pipe dream? Obamacare
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 199, 200, 201  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
Dems are 100% responsible for the success or failure of this monstrosity.

Including the single absolutely critical vote Obama bought with a false promise to the congressman who cast it expressly for that lie.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, Stevenbard, I have asked this question to folks who show the sort of disdain for the ACA that you have. The US spent well over $8000 per year per capita on health care in 2009, prior to implementation of the ACA. What should we have been doing? How would you propose cutting health care costs? Or is it O.K. for us to spend this sort of coin?
keycocker

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech problem

Last edited by keycocker on Mon May 27, 2013 7:41 am; edited 1 time in total
keycocker

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry

Last edited by keycocker on Mon May 27, 2013 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total
keycocker

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dems may fail to fix the monster that healthcare has become.
The GOP has already failed miserably in their weak attempts to do so.
Now their program is to make sure Americans continue to struggle.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The following commentary by Ezra Klein in today's Washington Post is an interesting one about the ACA focusing on what it will cost some of us for health insurance premiums. As I've found so often in the past, Klein's take on things is pragmatic and straightforward in nature.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/06/01/the-shocking-truth-about-obamacares-rate-shock/?hpid=z4
coboardhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWC...thanks for the link.

What I find amazing is that so few folks understand that the ACA is really an insurance reform law. Health care costs what it costs. The ACA really just rearranges how these costs are distributed.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
What I find amazing is that so few folks understand that the ACA is really an insurance reform law. Health care costs what it costs. The ACA really just rearranges how these costs are distributed.

We understand that ... and the fact that insurance costs are increasing very dramatically due to the ACA, on top of any increases in the cost of medicine. We also resent the holy hell out of a president who lied to a Congressman to get his deciding vote, who got caught on tape admitting that his now-10-15-year goal is socialized medicine (literally, taxpayer-funded government-managed health care), and who we now know lied and/or was totally wrong about many major elements of O'care.

Insisting it be called the ACA changes none of those facts.
nw30

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
coboardhead wrote:

We understand that ... and the fact that insurance costs are increasing very dramatically due to the ACA, on top of any increases in the cost of medicine. We also resent the holy hell out of a president who lied to a Congressman to get his deciding vote, who got caught on tape admitting that his now-10-15-year goal is socialized medicine (literally, taxpayer-funded government-managed health care), and who we now know lied and/or was totally wrong about many major elements of O'care.

Insisting it be called the ACA changes none of those facts.

No kidding!

Two-Thirds of Americans Don't Know If They Will Insure Under Obamacare
http://www.cnbc.com/id/100783056

IRS: Cheapest Obamacare Plan Will Be $20,000 Per Family

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/irs-cheapest-obamacare-plan-will-be-20000-family

Part of me thinks that it is common knowledge w/in the White House that O'care will fail under the mass size and confusion of trying to administer the program. But that's no problem, because by then the commoners (us) will be so desprate for something simpler, that a single payer plan will seem like an improvement.
The old bait and switch.
But that might not work out either, the WH seems to be pretty poor at predicting how the commoners will react. Afterall Obamacare is not an example of freedom.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
Obamacare is not an example of freedom.

Especially with the IRS in charge. You poor uninformed lefties will not comprehend the information coming out about that operation even before the full investigation hits the fan. People who should be heading for federal prison are getting extended paid vacations and six-figure performance bonuses, and links to Holder and the White House are solidifying as we type. EVERY Cincinnati IRS worker whose political affiliation is available via public records is registered left of the GOP, thus not generally "hamstrung" by having burdensome moral values.

I've witnessed this kind of BS first-hand; it's common among people with power and no morals. Some instances I was able to stop via whistleblowing, one wasn't worth falling on my sword about, and some I found less obvious and much more clever ways to stop.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 199, 200, 201  Next
Page 42 of 201

Jump to: