myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
the big lie "the media is liberal"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
Where are all the rich French going, and what are they spending their money on?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2013/feb/24/gerard-depardieu-russian-resident-france
isobars

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
I'd like a flat tax across the board with a national sales tax.

I have no doubt you'll change that tune if and when you study the Fair Tax. >$20M in research by leading university economics schools clearly show it far superior. The left wing's outright lies about it are open admissions that it scares them to death.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
swchandler wrote:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2013/feb/24/gerard-depardieu-russian-resident-france

He's not the only one. They also do stuff like GE and Tim Cook at Apple. Set up dummy corporations on islands that don't exist.....or something like that. Laughing

HOW CAN GE NOT PAY ANY TAXES? rhetorical question Boggs.
real-human

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
swchandler wrote:

two funny, just a handful of examples of the french running to the right wing is mass exodus. Russia for income has a flat 13% tax, on income, but again they have huge import duties 30% even higher than EU. And apple found one of the lowest, apple CEO should have to live on Isle of Man to get his 0 percent tax.

During the so called days all the right wingers in the USA love, you know when the US was at its best, the 50s and 60s. Well union membership was at its highest level and the tax on income over I think about $100k was taxed at over 90%.....
http://taxfoundation.org/article/us-federal-individual-income-tax-rates-history-1913-2013-nominal-and-inflation-adjusted-brackets

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/jan/12/gerard-depardieu-money-tax-happy

Will the money Gérard Depardieu saves on tax really make him happy?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2013/jan/24/belgian-move-bernard-arnault-france-tax

After Depardieu, Belgian plan by France's richest man fuels 75% tax row
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And how about a myriad of political tea party organizations hiding behind a tax free wall pretending to be like charities where they can hide their financial contributors from interested eyes. Add to that fat tax write-offs for folks like the Koch brothers, Grover Norquist and many other rich ideologues.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
swchandler wrote:

He's not the only one. They also do stuff like GE and Tim Cook at Apple. Set up dummy corporations on islands that don't exist.....or something like that. Laughing

HOW CAN GE NOT PAY ANY TAXES? rhetorical question Boggs.

I'll answer it anyway. They had huge losses-carried forward from the GE Capital division, then used them when they could....then the predictable right wing nitwits used this as proof positive that Obama lover Jeff Immelt was a favored tax dodger. Hows that for an answer?
The better question is : why is that tax reform seems to be a bi-partisan goal, yet nothing gets done? Is it possible that the chieftains like the current situation? I know they are salivating for a tax holiday, that is a one time tax free opportunity to move money to the states, tax free...because free is less than 20%.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I understood that, however a flat tax would ruin the fun ther're all having. Laughing
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
Yes, I understood that, however a flat tax would ruin the fun ther're all having. Laughing

I agree...hence, we do not have one. I am under no illusion that we are not being ruled by the uber-elite. They can have everything as long as they dont take the 14 day streak of 30+ winds I am enjoying Very Happy
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly Cow! We're only getting spit on at 17-22 for an hour or two. Our water just cooled down thanks to all those 30+ knot winds in the outer waters. All the pros are at Jalama because of the AWT next week. Has been very big wind and surf there. I'll be on Maui, and will sadly miss the AWT. You Nor Cal guys should check it out. What a great time!
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve it hits Waddell in mid June , pistol in July, and the Gorge July 17 for the big air contest . I will be at there in mid July , watching Kai Lenny do double forwards off the point is nuts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 79 of 277

Jump to: