myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Horseneck, again and again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windswell

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Horseneck, again and again Reply with quote

Overpowered 5.8, side-on late Sunday afternoon with 6-8 foot cleanish faces, in sets of 5 to 7 waves. Sailed till my fell off. Apparently it may do it again today Monday - 3pm on should be good as tide goes down.

Last week I had 3 sweet DTL rides, side-off conditions on very light Easterly breeze. Basically sailing SUP, though I was on a very floaty wave board with a 6.2. A bunch of OK rides, but those 3 made it worth it. Only out for an hour before the wind shut completely. So I got the waveski and went surfing for another 30 minutes.

If anybody wants to be on the email list for good conditions at Horseneck/Gooseberry, PM me. I'm getting tired of sailing alone.
windswell

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wind blew hard in Westport / Horseneck Thursday night, so I expect there will be swell today. I'm starting around 12:30, which is low tide. Check the wind before you drive down here.
WaterKook

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow the wind blows in the future now!!!! Wink
zeppy

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to give HN a try despite what looks like a lot of south in the wind. If I sail in the future, do I get to do it over again tomorrow? That would be cool, esp. If it's good. What are other's doing today (or in the future depending on your perspective) Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: