myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
2007 Exocet WARP Slalom 90?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dllee

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: 2007 Exocet WARP Slalom 90? Reply with quote

He, was thinking of buying my bud's 2007 ExocetWarpSlalom90, at 62 cm wide for sailing in winds of 16-28mph, sails 5 thru 7.
Anyone ridden it? Probably can't demo it, but I"m not much for demo because of fin, track, strap placement differences.
Thanks.
Oh, I'm kinda old, and like fast freeride boards rather than high strung dedicated slalom boards like Isonics.
jingebritsen

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smooth as butter if you use a rather stiff fin. it is responsive, but not in a quirky way. in years past, slalom boards did have a reputation of being technical. no longer. you'll like it, i'm pretty sure.
http://www.epicgearusa.com/
dllee

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks....
I'm rather worried, because my Slab 54 and JPSlalomPro 55 sit at home waiting to see sunlight now for 3 years.
I'm just getting older, reactions slower, eyes much worse, and jibing prowess falling by the wayside.
I was hoping a slightly wider though not too wide tailed tucked railed slalom board of smaller volume might still give me the jibes I've been missing for 2 odd years.
I can't seem to come to grips with a '07 Isonic103 or some volume around that.
jingebritsen

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

one of the counter intuitive things about short and wide is that they respond best in corners to really hard rail pressure, and very short radius. jam the rail, flip the sail, keep jamming the rail..... all one needs to concentrate on is MFP, correct sheeting trim, flipping the sail earlier, and benda the knees. modern slalom boards handle the chop very well with a committed carve.
http://www.epicgearusa.com/
dllee

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks...
I can jibe the Isonic pretty well, it's the straight line going fast that scares bejesus out of me. I guess it's sorta true for the Mike'sLab 8'10", and the JP 84 Slalom.
Hopefully a lower volume, wider board with a semi narrow tail for it's width would keep the tail in the water at speed, and still bank over on a planing jibe.
OTOH, maybe getting old just is not all that great, while body parts are falling by the wayside.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: