myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Is our country becoming a 3rd world nation?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were to let Fox news, or MSNBC, or ABC be my only source of news and information, I'd be braindead. Every once in a while it's good to open a Hustler, and then open a Bible. The contrast is amazing. The depth of varying opinions allows one to reach a better conclusion.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
If I were to let Fox news, or MSNBC, or ABC be my only source of news and information, I'd be braindead. Every once in a while it's good to open a Hustler, and then open a Bible. The contrast is amazing. The depth of varying opinions allows one to reach a better conclusion.

Wasn't suggesting it as an only source. But considering a) how often it scoops the blamestream media by days to months, b) its unique presentation of both hosts and guests of both persuasions, and c) its ranking among the most centrist news sources, it's not only a great place to get ahead of emerging or deliberately concealed news stories but also provides the broadest perspective and most accurate news I can find at any one place. That's precisely why the far left, from Obama to the freak show here, fears it so much.
feuser

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
feuser wrote:
I came to the US with a student visa and scholarship.

I guess I should not be here.

Ah...I PAID FOR MY OWN COLLEGE. YOU COULD HAVE TOO. I'm glad you made it, but the reality is there are plenty of Americans who deserved your scholarship money.

I paid for my education, too, but received a merit-based scholarship (which in a small part was funded by federal grants to the institution). Without it, I would not have been able to study here, then live here, then start a tech company and "create jobs".

As far as I know, financial assistance from federal sources was and is only available for US citizens - US born or naturalized. What exactly is your point?

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="isobars"]
stevenbard wrote:

Wasn't suggesting it as an only source. But considering a) how often it scoops the blamestream media by days to months, b) its unique presentation of both hosts and guests of both persuasions, and c) its ranking among the most centrist news sources, it's not only a great place to get ahead of emerging or deliberately concealed news stories but also provides the broadest perspective and most accurate news I can find at any one place. That's precisely why the far left, from Obama to the freak show here, fears it so much.[/quote
Are you talking about Fox News or Hustler?
mac

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You automatically get Fox news when you put on your tin hat and tighten your wing nuts.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speak of the Devil..3rd world here we come

Axelrod: Government ‘So Vast,‘ Obama Can't Know About Wrongdoing

Charlie Rangel: Obama answers not enough

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/brian-walsh/2013/05/14/senate-democrats-pushed-for-irs-tea-party-snooping-before-criticizing-it

Rubio, "These are tactics of the 3rd world".

Finally the media is coming to life
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just another Republican hit piece that is so pointed that it's worthless. Are the Republicans the "good guys" with the white hats, while the Democrats are the nasty "bad guys" with the black hats? I guess for the simple minded folks looking for the Republicans to kick some butt. But, all one really has to do is look beyond all the forced drama and look at what the Republicans have really accomplished. I'm not fooled at all.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boston: Seven Muslim ‘Chemical Engineers’ Caught Trespassing At Quabbin Reservoir Supplying Drinking Water To Boston, Patrols Stepped Up Across State

http://midnightwatcher.wordpress.com/2013/05/15/boston-seven-muslim-chemical-engineers-caught-trespassing-at-quabbin-reservoir-supplying-drinking-water-to-boston-patrols-stepped-up-across-state/

More madness because of our immigration policy and fear of being called "racists". Why are they here?
wynsurfer

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes indeed what have the republicans accomplished? Mostly horrible catastrophies in recent years. Needless unfunded wars, wrecking the economy, etc.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget the children and puppies they eat for breakfast, the newborns they barbeque, their refusal to compromise or to present budgets, their three heads, and their hatred of anyone younger, poorer, or darker (orange doesn't count) than Mitch McConnell.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: