myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
ARCHIVE: Where We Sailed Today, Thread Part I.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 416, 417, 418 ... 425, 426, 427  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rube

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Stick Friday 5:30 - 6:30 Reply with quote

5.3, 100L, should have been 4.5, 85L, but the wind line kept moving around so it was glassy near shore. Gusty _check_, Sketchy dudes cruising around _check_, funky Candlestick smell _check. No one else out! Rolling Eyes
windward1

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Berkeley Reply with quote

Wow! That is some graph! Looks like fixing the wind sensor at Berkeley fixed the wind at Berkeley! Laughing If that keeps reporting like that and these forum reports come in like this, I am going to have to travel to Berkeley and sail there some more.
beallmd

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick report from Washoe outpost; a few days of reasonable sailing lately in the 5.5 range. Very weak spring but maybe getting to a little more normal conditions. Summer thermals (cooler air coming down from Tahoe) should help.
bert

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Oyster Reply with quote

4.7/85 at Oyster Point 1:30 to 3 . A bit sketchy getting past Genentech to the wind, but the sail size was right on once I reached Tigers. The wind dropped a bit by 3 pm so I came in and it was a struggle to make it back to launch. You really have to be able to uphaul your board if you plan on sailing here. The wind started to pick up again as I was packing it up. I was the lone sailor there.
windward1

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Davenport Reply with quote

Nice day at The Landing. First three windsurfers out had to dodge about 77 +/- SUPs doing a downwind race to the Santa Cruz Wharf. Then it was the outrigger canoes' turn.

Very windy. Water was beautiful. Swell was a little disorganized. Good day overall.
mrchocky

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Crown Beach Reply with quote

Took out big Mistral N-Trace with tiny 3.7 rig - super fast to rig up! - and put kid on the back of it to take him out first time.

Super slow of course, and had to go out a long way at low tide, and still couldn't put the dagger board down, but he had a blast. Wind died about 3pm, and all the newbies out there were pretty much stuck. Water was very warm - probably because it is so shallow.

A lot of kiters were rigged up, but none seemed to want to brave the low wind.
dvCali

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Stick Sat May 18th Reply with quote

Back to the Stick after ten days of Coyote and Crissy.

18: Nice sunny and warm day. Wind perfect for 5.0 from 2:30 to 3:15 than it dies almost completely. Comes back with sort of a vengeance half our later, nicely opened up all the way to the outside, and still on strong when I leave at 5 pm. Nice relaxing day. Very Happy

19: Nice sunny and warm day. Wind stronger perfect for 4.3, steady all afternoon. Nice relaxing day. Twisted Evil

Last edited by dvCali on Sun May 19, 2013 10:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Arrgh

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Sherman Island Saturday? Reply with quote

Never really came up (till dark maybe?) at Marker 14 (the Sign.) I could see a few sailors at County Park, but don't know how much wind there was because no sensor at Marker 12 anymore. Report anyone?
dllee

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Berkeley Sunday...
7 and slalom board OP'ed from 12:15 to 1PM.
Would have needed a 6 meter sail until around 2:30.
5 meter and 84 from 2:45 until 4, but the last 1/2 hour was slog and fun.
Then it seemed steady 7 meter and slalom till it went EAST winds inside at 5:15.
dsgrntlxmply

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Bodega, Fri. May 17 Reply with quote

Looked great when I got there, rigged 5.3, u/p so went to 6.4. That was enough to plane part time for a while, then all slog. Failed jibe on still unfamiliar board, fell onto mast. I'm off the water for a while with a rib contusion. Fortunately I was able to sail back, de-rig, pack up, and drive home without bad pain.

That began later when I coughed once... second worst pain I've experienced, behind surgical pain.

I pulled the hardware off a waist harness and used it as a chest binder even to be able to get into bed until a clinic opened in the morning.

Hydrocodone is overrated.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 416, 417, 418 ... 425, 426, 427  Next
Page 417 of 427

Jump to: