myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Windsurfing Videos Buy and Sell Services
 
Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
the big lie "the media is liberal"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 141, 142, 143  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
isobars



Joined: 12 Dec 1999
Posts: 14322

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pointster wrote:
Anyhow, I'm done with this.

Bless you. That horse was too dead for even a vulture's tastes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bajaDean



Joined: 02 Jul 2011
Posts: 949
Location: on earth

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
OK my mistake. You did read the in depth article in the Times and the local papers before you said that it was not covered on the media.


so to you the media is in three or so papers?

again there are about what three major cities per state that have 4 networks in each major city, there are about what 30-50 newspapers in each state or 4-5 major ones in every state on average. And about 10 major radio stations or more per state and you find that something being covered in 3-10 is coverage.

again if the media was liberal the clinton BS would have been 2 weeks at best in three newspapers if it was a liberal press. What liberal cared about the investments and so on of a guy who entered the whitehouse that did not even own his own house. What was the pay of a gov in Arkansas.

Here is another one... I as a liberal owning the media would plaster this front page on evry paper so the right wingers would know there is a price to pay for their hate crimes. But because these are not put front page of all the hundreds of papers the right wingers continue theiir hate crimes.

Remember Tim McVeigh is a hero to too many of the right wing. We even have polls showing about 40% of right wingers think they are going to have to attack america in the near future. Remember Right winger Sharon Angle who said if we do not win in the election to the effect we will have to use second amendment. When she made this statement her fundraising went off the charts from money outside of Nevada.

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/apr/03/nation/la-na-nn-sikh-taxi-beating-hate-crime-20130402

Quote:
Man charged with hate crime in brutal assault on Sikh cab driver


http://www.carbonated.tv/news/hate-crime-man-heated-on-the-subject-of-jihadists-abuses-and-allegedly-breaks-muslim-cab-drivers-jaw

Quote:
A Muslim cab driver and former Iraq war veteran named Mohamed A. Salim has claimed that a man accused him of being a ‘jihadist’, used profanities and later broke his jaw. The incident occurred in Northern Virginia on Friday and is being regarded as a hate crime against the Muslim man by Muslim group activists.

Salim said in an interview that Emerald Aviation President Ed Dahlberg attacked him after the driver picked him up in his cab at a Country Club of Fairfax.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
keycocker



Joined: 10 Jul 2005
Posts: 3459

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I just so happens that I read those papers and 100% of them carried the story.
Did you read all of those dozens of other papers and found they did not?
Moment of honesty here. You do not have a long list of papers you read every day in detail who failed to carry this story,right?
You have your obsession and that alone is enough to let you know that the media did not cover it.
Checking the facts not needed.
Bear in mind that I agree that the media isn't controlled by liberals because I worked in the media.
It is just that faked up data doesn't appeal to most people even if they agree with the conclusions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
isobars



Joined: 12 Dec 1999
Posts: 14322

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBS News correspondent Sharyl Attkisson has angered her bosses by outstanding, open, unbiased reporting on the Fast and Furious fiasco and the Benhazi coverup. She may leave CBS before her contract ends due to its hard left stance on any issues embarrassing to Obama.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bajaDean



Joined: 02 Jul 2011
Posts: 949
Location: on earth

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
No I just so happens that I read those papers and 100% of them carried the story.
Did you read all of those dozens of other papers and found they did not?
Moment of honesty here. You do not have a long list of papers you read every day in detail who failed to carry this story,right?
You have your obsession and that alone is enough to let you know that the media did not cover it.
Checking the facts not needed.
Bear in mind that I agree that the media isn't controlled by liberals because I worked in the media.
It is just that faked up data doesn't appeal to most people even if they agree with the conclusions.


It is simple as I told you I google it before listing it as one of the ones the right wing owned media will not cover. If it comes up at that moment 5-50 or more sites then I do not report it as a story the right wing owned media will report. It is amazing how the media wants to be seen on the internet now. Been checking this way for about 8 years so the results are consistent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bajaDean



Joined: 02 Jul 2011
Posts: 949
Location: on earth

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
CBS News correspondent Sharyl Attkisson has angered her bosses by outstanding, open, unbiased reporting on the Fast and Furious fiasco and the Benhazi coverup. She may leave CBS before her contract ends due to its hard left stance on any issues embarrassing to Obama.
Fast and furious was started under Bush. And the gun buys were legal by the NRA orders. So what about fast and furious do you know that the world doesnt. The justice department told the ATF they could not intervien on those sales because they could not prove they were illegal. Gun running by the NRA standards are legal.

Benganzi again as noted by the CIA they did not want it known that there were CIA personal/contractors out there so they did not give out info that some may have wanted.

Do you remember the day before 9-11 that the Bush administration made it public they were cutting counter terrorism funding. In fact under sworn testimony the former head of counter terrorism Richard Clark said he asked Condi and them for meeting of upper level people several times over major issues of national security and they were denied. Note on the worst act of terrorism in the history of the USA costing every family in the USA about 30,000.00 Bush and Cheney would not testify under oath about the event and answer any and all questions. that is to this date.

Remember CBS fired Dan Rather for telling the truth about Bush and his lies. CBS hired bush seniors former attorney general to investigate with the approval of the Bush jr whitehouse and he concluded that the documents information could not be proven in accurate. Again Dan Rather was fired for telling the truth....


so here are a few questions for you
1, can you tell us when the terrorists actually posted on Facebook they they were responsible for the attacks.... and when they retracted it?
2, can you tell us if the CIA wanted information released that can harm national security?
3, can we get another 70 million to investigate clintons whitewater investment that he lost money on? Same to check where Obama was born, those newspapers must have been involved in a conspiracy because they new 40 something years later Obama was going to run for president.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LHDR



Joined: 22 Jun 2007
Posts: 106

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pointster wrote:
... Anyhow, I'm done with this.
Thanks for making some clear reasoned arguments.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
keycocker



Joined: 10 Jul 2005
Posts: 3459

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You ever notice that only a few stories found in the NYT appear online?
It is a big fat newspaper.
8 years ago the NWT online was about a thousand words.
The hundreds of other papers were not online at all.
There is nothing consistent about the Internet media.
Nowadays your opinions are set in stone.
Welcome to the 21st century. Facts matter Baja and you are not checking them.
This makes people dismiss you, including people like me who otherwise agree with you.
You say I never heard your ideas before? Where do you get your facts about me?
Same place.
I first heard that the media is controlled by the right, and does not cover stories which the speaker read on the media, in 1968 in journalism school.
We were wrong about that, but hey, we were kids.
Maybe now would be a good time to start checking again.
Try going into a newsroom and telling the reporters that they are all part of a huge worldwide conspiracy to conceal the news.
Don't forget your tinfoil hat.
I think we have covered the subject here but it has been interesting chatting about this.
It brought me back to my childhood for a time, remembering how isolated and earnest we were, and how sure we were of our own obsessions.
Those were naive days and we were never confused. We knew all about it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
isobars



Joined: 12 Dec 1999
Posts: 14322

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LHDR wrote:
pointster wrote:
... Anyhow, I'm done with this.
Thanks for making some clear reasoned arguments.

All of which were asked and answered two years ago. I still don't understand why he dredged them up again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swchandler



Joined: 08 Nov 1993
Posts: 5893

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I still don't understand why he dredged them up again."


To highlight your hypocrisy, and in my view, he did a damn good job.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 141, 142, 143  Next
Page 73 of 143

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

myiW | Weather | Community | Membership | Support | Log in
like us on facebook
© Copyright 1999-2007 WeatherFlow, Inc Contact Us Ad Marketplace

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group