myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
What's going on with Maui Fin Co.?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nodak

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: What's going on with Maui Fin Co.? Reply with quote

I'm looking to buy a couple of MFC fins in Honolulu, so I emailed a fellow named Pio using the email address on the MFC site. He was kind enough to advise me there were no distributors on Oahu and that fins will come from Maui directly, which I'm okay with.

After requesting an invoice to pay against, the man just stopped replying to me. That's a strange way to do business.
JamesHardy

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pio and all the people at MFC, Goya, and Quatro are the best to work with, I have never found them to be anything but professional. Also I have never had anything but "timely" response from them, but then I'm never in a hurry Very Happy
Wind-NC.com

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check your junk mail folder. I've had issues where (even with prior email contact) my replies were sent to the trash as soon as there was mention of "payment, shipping, dollars, $, CC, visa" etc etc etc..... Basically, all of the trigger words for junk mail...

http://wind-nc.com
nodak

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called them and left a voice mail today. There is no receptionist, so we'll see if anyone gets back to me if at all.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a 3 hour time difference between here and there. Have you tried Goya directly?
isobars

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be anything from incompetence to pot. Keep trying, and you will probably find out which, if it matters.

I never did find out why my local Honda dealer never responded to my repeated call to buy ... not look at, buy, as in today ... a new van. I gave up and drove 180 miles to buy one. At worst, you may have to visit Big Winds' website, among others.
carl

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nodak wrote:
I called them and left a voice mail today. There is no receptionist, so we'll see if anyone gets back to me if at all.

Receptionist? Most windsurf businesses are very small operations.
Have some patience, they're on "Hawaiian time", and maybe the surf is up. Cool
noshuzbluz

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
It could be anything from incompetence to pot.

Really? Spoken like a cynical old fart......

isobars

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you explain it?

I called a source that sells [major global brand name deleted] boards a couple of years ago. I couldn't get it through the owner's head that [x] was a brand of board. He said he had never heard of them. Folks who know him better said that didn't surprise them, that he is stoned most of the time.

Another national to international source of information about WSing gear was drunk much of the time.

'Nuff said. You'll find that getting old and getting cynical often go hand in hand.

Cynical old fart \COF/
noshuzbluz

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'
Quote:
Nuff said. You'll find that getting old and getting cynical often go hand in hand.

Cynical old fart \COF/

HA! Sometimes you you make me laugh Mike. I just think that knowing that these "BIG windsurfing companies" aren't big at all, should be cut some slack from any knee jerk reactions or assumptions. I totally understand the importance of customer service but when you don't have a receptionist, AP person, AR person or a customer service person something gets left out. Our perception has been morphed by a longstanding reputation, a cool website and a spot in the magazines. Hey if they were out sailing, doing maintenance on their shop or R&D that day, more power to them. That's what they have to do but just jumping to the conclusion that they either are incompetent or getting stoned is very unfair. Did you ever get a call from a friend or your wife asking "where the hell have you been? I've been trying to get ahold of you all day!"
Ya see?
Noshuz.....Up and coming \COF/ Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: