myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
ARCHIVE: Where We Sailed Today, Thread Part I.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 414, 415, 416 ... 425, 426, 427  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bert

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: 3rd and Coyote Reply with quote

They say the variety is the spice of life. was on a 4.2/80L combo at 3rd Avenue on Friday and today (Sat) I decided to go big with 7.3 rarely used Natural and the 110 RRD Firemove. That was kinda fun.
SPQR

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bert - there have been a number of threads on the Firemove 110. What's your impression of it. Probably not board of choice for 3rd Ave voodoo chop before entering the channel, but on a lighter day a fun board at Coyote or 3rd on a slack tide?
bert

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPQR.

For a fat ass board (75 cm wide), it handles chop pretty good. I plan on using it tomorrow at 3rd at flood tide. It planes up pretty good.

bert
dvCali

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Coyote Sunda 5/12 Reply with quote

Another nice Coyote day, powered up 5.0 in the channel, a bit weaker close to the outside markers. Still a good 3 miles wide area where to sail to your content Cool About 20-30 windsurfers out and 3-6 kiters depending on time of day.

Tomorrow hopefully Crissy with a 4.3 Very Happy
chibichibi

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Stick was about as good as it gets on Sunday, so was the down draft smell from the Recology Center.
windward1

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Davenport on Monday Reply with quote

Davenport today. No complaints here about not enough wind.....
NickB

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alameda 4-5:30, warm 4-bft outside, fully powered 7.0/135ltr/150lb. fun organized swell, gold corduroy. then it all died very abruptly around 5:30.
dvCali

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: 5/13 Coyote 5/14 Crissy Reply with quote

Another Coyote day. Rigged 4.7 just to experiment, very long slog until finally hit the wind line and than the wind came up. Powered up for about 2 hours. Nice day!

No fog in the city today Tue 5/14, Crissy might finally work with some reliability. Confused

... and it does not ... out early at Crissy, 2:30 with 4.3 powered up, the wind drops after the first couple of jibes close to north tower: looooong slog back in the flood. Back out at 3:50 with a 5.0. Very spotty, coming occasionally from the south west. underpowered, overpowered, underpowered, overpowered, underpowered, overpowered, underpowered, overpowered. Than it dies again and I give up ... It was a nice sunny day Smile
windward1

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Between Projects Reply with quote

Well I am between projects and finding out a little bit about what it can be like in retirement. Wow. Other than caring for my daughter's dog since she is now living in a place where she cannot have her with her, my major decision each morning is where to windsurf that day! While the Bay Area has as much variety of places to pick from as probably any place in the world, Santa Cruz County is amazing in the variety of places and kinds of windsurfing to choose from in its own rite. Yesterday I windsurfed in 30 knot winds at Davenport and could have done so again today, but instead chose to windsurf in 8 knot winds at Pleasure Point. Caught plenty of great waves. Good thing I have 7 different boards to choose from........

I am so stoked on this retirement thing, it is going to be very, very difficult to sign another contract........

In the meantime, I am going to celebrate the diversity of my home county and surrounding area.
bert

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: retirement Reply with quote

windward1,

I am much like you, having retired a year ago at 62. After the adjustment period I've really come to enjoy the freedom to do anything or nothing with my free time. As far as sailing I have 7 sailing sites that I visit in round robbin fashion on just the west side of the Bay. Tuesday I was at the Stick (4.7 not so good due to the W/SW direction) and today I'll do either Oyster or Crissy. You do have one thing over me in that I only have 5 boards to choose from Smile
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 414, 415, 416 ... 425, 426, 427  Next
Page 415 of 427

Jump to: