myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Benghazi-gate
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 122, 123, 124  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
feuser

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
swchandler wrote:
NW30, it's not a stretch to understand why you dog the Benghazi incident. Just like the gaggle of useless Republicans Representatives, you're intent on crucifying President Obama and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. Say anything and everything to keep the onslaught up.

What I wonder is why the Republicans are wasting time rehashing the Benghazi incident trying to get blood out of a turnip. With all the important issues facing Congress right now, why are Republicans are working overtime to avoid facing them? What I see is an all consuming hate that knows no bounds. It's no small wonder to see how the Republican party is becoming less and less credible, and why they are seemingly unable to be productive element in our government. What a bunch of losers.

Sorry palzy, but it's about finding answers as to why people died when they didn't have to.
That's all it is,,,,, you should want those answers as well.

Hey, the GOP congress is throwing sand in your eyes to avoid answering the question of what they are doing about not five violent deaths from terrorism but 30,000 from privately owned firearms. And you, "palzy", bend over and say thank you. Way to go, you freedom fighter!

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
Sorry palzy, but it's about finding answers as to why people died when they didn't have to.

I can't comprehend why a White House coverup of a major incident doesn't concern even the farthest left loon here. They get all whipped up over a proved lie that Bush went AWOL, yet don't care that their current president and potential next president are lying (again, proved) to them.

I can only surmise that they have no pride in their nation, its president, or themselves. No other explanation else make any sense.
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

feuser wrote:
nw30 wrote:
swchandler wrote:
NW30, it's not a stretch to understand why you dog the Benghazi incident. Just like the gaggle of useless Republicans Representatives, you're intent on crucifying President Obama and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. Say anything and everything to keep the onslaught up.

What I wonder is why the Republicans are wasting time rehashing the Benghazi incident trying to get blood out of a turnip. With all the important issues facing Congress right now, why are Republicans are working overtime to avoid facing them? What I see is an all consuming hate that knows no bounds. It's no small wonder to see how the Republican party is becoming less and less credible, and why they are seemingly unable to be productive element in our government. What a bunch of losers.

Hey, the GOP congress is throwing sand in your eyes to avoid answering the question of what they are doing about not five violent deaths from terrorism but 30,000 from privately owned firearms. And you, "palzy", bend over and say thank you. Way to go, you freedom fighter!

Wow, that was sure out of LEFT field. Shocked
Whatever floats your boat.
Feel better? I hope so.
nw30

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's going to be an interesting week, the testimonies begin on Wednesday. And ever since Jay Carney said last week "that was a long time ago", that just made the investigation more serious. That's like saying 'they died a long time ago, so why do you even care anymore?'
What a dick head move, he threw gas on a fire that he would really like to see go out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
By Sharyl Attkisson /
CBS News/ May 6, 2013, 12:00 PM
Diplomat: U.S. Special Forces told "you can't go" to Benghazi during attacks

The deputy of slain U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens has told congressional investigators that a team of Special Forces prepared to fly from Tripoli to Benghazi during the Sept. 11, 2012 attacks was forbidden from doing so by U.S. Special Operations Command South Africa.

U.S. diplomat contradicts White House on Benghazi.
The account from Gregory Hicks is in stark contrast to assertions from the Obama administration, which insisted that nobody was ever told to stand down and that all available resources were utilized. Hicks gave private testimony to congressional investigators last month in advance of his upcoming appearance at a congressional hearing Wednesday.

According to excerpts released Monday, Hicks told investigators that SOCAFRICA commander Lt. Col. Gibson and his team were on their way to board a C-130 from Tripoli for Benghazi prior to an attack on a second U.S. compound "when [Col. Gibson] got a phone call from SOCAFRICA which said, 'you can't go now, you don't have the authority to go now.' And so they missed the flight ... They were told not to board the flight, so they missed it."

No assistance arrived from the U.S. military outside of Libya during the hours that Americans were under attack or trapped inside compounds by hostile forces armed with rocket-propelled grenades, mortars and AK-47 rifles.

Hicks told congressional investigators that if the U.S. had quickly sent a military aircraft over Benghazi, it might have saved American lives. The U.S. Souda Bay Naval Base is an hour's flight from Libya.

U.S. consulate attack in Libya."I believe if we had been able to scramble a fighter or aircraft or two over Benghazi as quickly as possible after the attack commenced, I believe there would not have been a mortar attack on the annex in the morning because I believe the Libyans would have split. They would have been scared to death that we would have gotten a laser on them and killed them," Hicks testified. Two Americans died in the morning mortar attack.

Obama administration officials have insisted that no military resources could have made it in time. A White House official told CBS News that, at the start of the attack, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs Martin Dempsey and Defense Secretary Leon Panetta "looked at available options, and the ones we exercised had our military forces arrive in less than 24 hours, well ahead of timelines laid out in established policies."

Hicks is expected to be the first ground-level eyewitness to speak publicly in the nearly eight months since the terrorist attacks that killed Ambassador Stevens and three other Americans. When Stevens went missing, Hicks became the Chief of Mission for the U.S. in Libya.

Ambassador Susan Rice and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton initially indicated the attacks were not planned acts of terror, but an outgrowth of a spontaneous protest over an anti-Islamic YouTube video. Unidentified government officials removed references to terrorism and al Qaeda from so-called "talking points" released to the public shortly after the attacks.

FBI posts new pictures of Benghazi suspects
Timeline: How Benghazi attack, investigation unfolded

Below are the released excerpts from Hicks' April interview with congressional investigators on the House Oversight Committee.

[Have to go to this link to see the other links as well as the excerpts from the interview, it's too long to post here.]

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57583014/diplomat-u.s-special-forces-told-you-cant-go-to-benghazi-during-attacks/

Even Bob Schieffer on Face the Nation got his panties in a bunch over being mislead about this, it was classic must see TV.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-3460_162-57582929/official-we-knew-benghazi-was-a-terrorist-attack-from-the-get-go/
mac

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yawn. You good ol' boys have been trying to get that dog to hunt for a couple of years now. Not even the Ambassador's parents buy it. There is plenty to disagree with Obama of substance, such as the drone program or "success" in Afghanistan. Best put that old dog up for adoption, he won't hunt.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have to see what the lefties are posting here about this; I know its tenor from their history.

Just consider their comments from this perspective: these are the same people who silently, some even actively, approve severing the spinal cords of living, breathing, crying, pain-sensing, healthy, viable, nearly-full-term babies because that's what the mother (at least in the biological sense) wants.

Little more needs to be said about them or their political or social opinions.
nw30

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Yawn. You good ol' boys have been trying to get that dog to hunt for a couple of years now. Not even the Ambassador's parents buy it. There is plenty to disagree with Obama of substance, such as the drone program or "success" in Afghanistan. Best put that old dog up for adoption, he won't hunt.

Yawn, at your response, I already know you never gave a shit about this.
You waste your time typing about it.
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to me that Hicks is offering a lot of empty speculation about what could have happened. I thinking that Rep. Issa will go nowhere with his continued Banghazi dog and pony show. It's just more Republican nonsense being ginned up trying to blame something on either President Obama or former Secretary Clinton. Republicans would love to be able to cast a deep shadow over Clinton in their vain attempt to limit her chances in a 2016 run for president.
pueno

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
...like saying 'they died a long time ago, so why do you even care anymore?'
What a dick head move, he threw gas on a fire that he would really like to see go out.

Hey, dub-turdy, go back in time some years to when Dubya was our glorious and brilliant president. Think of the time when he said, in effect, "Why bother looking for bin-Laden? We don't know where he is. Anyway, we don't really care about him anymore."

I guess if Bushie said it, then it was OK. But if Obama's spokesman said it, then it's a huge transgression. (Do you know the word?)

You're almost as funny as that other funny dipweed. Laughing Laughing Laughing
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So both presidents are full of shit? I agree....

Bengahzi is a cover-up. It happened during a heated election, so Obama didn't want to rock the boat with an inconvenient "rescue". It should have been done. It could have been done. The military wanted to do it. Real time observers knew what it was from the beginning.

Obama/Clinton lied, people died.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 122, 123, 124  Next
Page 36 of 124

Jump to: