myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
the big lie "the media is liberal"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isobars now questions un-vetted web sites? I always appreciate a chance to laugh out loud!
pueno

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Fick-shun wrote:

As for hate groups, the closest thing I see to the far Right's Aryan Nation is...

Take a look in the mirror, Mikey.
real-human

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here are more events that should be headlines in the media, but are not because it is a right wing owned media..

5-Year-Old Fatally Shot 2-Year-Old Sister With Gun He Received as Gift
http://gawker.com/2-year-old-girl-shot-to-death-by-5-year-old-brother-486174051

Quote:
5-Year-Old Fatally Shot 2-Year-Old Sister With Gun He Received as Gift
For at least the third time this month, a young child has shot and killed someone. On Tuesday afternoon, a five-year-old boy fatally shot his two-year-old sister in Cumberland County, Kentucky with .22 rifle the five-year-old was given as a gift.

"It's a Crickett," Cumberland County Coroner Gary White told the Lexington Herald-Leader. "It's a little rifle for a kid.”

The rifle, which was usually stored in one of the home's corners, was inadvertently left loaded, according to White. The boy's mother was home at the time of the shooting.

“The little boy's used to shooting the little gun," White said, before saying the shooting will be ruled accidental. “Just one of those crazy accidents.”

Just one of those crazy accidents. You know, the completely unpredictable kind of accident that occurs when you give a five-year-old a rifle and leave it lying around the house, unattended.

A Four-Year-Old Shoots and Kills Deputy’s Wife at Weekend BBQ
Guns don't kill people—no, they do. One did this past Saturday, in the 26,000-person town of… Read…
If this sounds familiar, it's because, sadly, it is. Earlier this month, a four-year-old shot and killed a deputy's wife with a handgun. The next day a two-year-old reportedly shot his mother in the stomach with a 9mm Glock. Two days later, another four-year-old shot a six-year-old in the head, killing him.

[Photo of a gun-rights activist with his three-year-old daughter during a "National Day of Resistance" rally last February via AP]
real-human

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazing the media is not plastering this all over the headlines, 4 year low in unemployment....

Now if I owned the media this is what the headlines would be.

from, record setting disaster Bush left us in, losing 750,000 jobs a month... these were people who paid taxes.
real-human

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
bajaDean has answered my question indirectly: he gets his "facts" from unvetted websites and not only buys them hook, line, and sinker but also extrapolates them to Republicans and/or conservatives in general.

Additionally, his birther comment makes no sense, as the issue was where Obama was born, not whether a Hawaiian birth qualifies him to run for president.

I don't know who Alex Jones is; a quick Google makes him sound like the Far Right's version of Michael Moore, which explains why I don't know who he is.

Nothing Louisiana and/or its voters do about David Duke, or anything or anyone else, would surprise me. They're the Far Right's Berkeley and CA.

Good luck finding any claim or concern from me that murder begins at conception, or whatever that rambling paragraph was about. (Dean, I don't see dyslexia; I see a mental fog probably fueled by Dud-Bro-Man.)

As for hate groups, the closest thing I see to the far Right's Aryan Nation is the 30 lefies I see in my killfile and the endless stream of hatred spewing from the anchors on BSNBC.

But at least you're man enough to present some topical arguments, unlike your peers here. I respect your efforts, and you present some valid points even though generalizing them to many or most Republicans or conservatives is not valid.

Here is just one example of who I like to hear their point of view about the Powel debocle. His chief of staff was even on MSNBC this week. again hammering the lies.

In this I find a relavant article about the so called liberal press.

http://www.democracynow.org/2013/2/6/decade_after_iraq_wmd_speech_at

Quote:
A decade later, we host a debate between Powell’s former aide, Col. Lawrence Wilkerson — who prepared the U.N. speech, only to later renounce it —

Quote:
AARON MATÉ: That was then-Secretary of State Colin Powell speaking at the U.N. February 5th, 2003. Powell also estimated Iraq had a stockpile of between 100 and 500 tons of chemical weapons agent. All of his claims about weapons of mass destruction turned out to be false.

AMY GOODMAN: But at the time, most of the media took Powell at his word. The day after Powell’s speech, The New York Times ran an editorial called "The Case Against Iraq." It said Powell’s performance was, quote, "all the more convincing because he dispensed with apocalyptic invocations of a struggle of good and evil and focused on shaping a sober, factual case against Mr. Hussein’s regime," unquote.

The Washington Post titled its editorial "Irrefutable" and declared, quote, "it is hard to imagine how anyone could doubt that Iraq possesses weapons of mass destruction," unquote. Well, the invasion began six weeks after Powell made his speech at the U.N.

For more, we’re joined by two people. From Oklahoma City, we’re joined by Colonel Lawrence Wilkerson. He served as chief of staff to Secretary of State Colin Powell from 2002 to 2005

and you are welcome to show this was not accurate. where is that liberal media? where was that liberal media.

other great sources are the books of former right wingers . Blinded by the Right, is great...., Paul O'Neils was good, Confessions of an economic hit man is good.

and what I like about air america was they would have these people on all the time and many more. Tell me what right wing media allows David Brock on the air? Again probably the highest paid writer ever for ultra right wing partisan stuff in the history of mankind. After all he is the one that got the 70 million dollar spending spree going of special prosecutors. Paid big bucks by ultra partisan right winger who own media.
keycocker

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw those stories about kids gun deaths on the nightly news.
Read a long piece in the NYTimes also. This is usual in your posts, but no one here cared enough to point it out.
This is also done a lot by the far right on this forum, who tell us some story is not covered on the "liberal" media right after they saw it on the news.
In your case I think you just don't follow mainstream media, so you really don't know it was in Times.
I agree the press in not really liberal ,but your positions are so extreme it is hard to relate to them.
real-human

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
Saw those stories about kids gun deaths on the nightly news.
Read a long piece in the NYTimes also. This is usual in your posts, but no one here cared enough to point it out.
This is also done a lot by the far right on this forum, who tell us some story is not covered on the "liberal" media right after they saw it on the news.
In your case I think you just don't follow mainstream media, so you really don't know it was in Times.
I agree the press in not really liberal ,but your positions are so extreme it is hard to relate to them.

can you tell me what is the mainstream media by your definition is? Is it the number one circulation? can you tell me who are the number one circulation are.

extreme, not all all. Just because you never heard them before does not make them extreme, just not put in the forefront by the mainstream right wing owned media. Yes I read the NYT almost everyday, they do have one or two pieces of journalism per day out of 80.

And generally when I post a bet the media will not cover this is when it is in a few posts that is how I found it somewhere. I also google it to see if more than 5 majors have covered it. Lets assume we have about what 3 major cities in each state for an average so at least one paper in each and at least 4 major TV stations. If I see more than 5 majors have posted it I generally will not say the right wing owned media will not cover this.

I find a lot of stuff initially in the media in other countries about america first. then see if the american right wing owned media reports it.

Yes my parity of fight fire with fire. But mine is more factual. The right may point out to a obscure item not covered and I point to major things, like a five YO using his own gun to kill his sister. And how the NRA and right wingers sanction giving guns to 5 YO. That this is apparently acceptable to the a majority of the right wing.
keycocker

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK my mistake. You did read the in depth article in the Times and the local papers before you said that it was not covered on the media.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Media Ignores Increased Deaths, Casualties in Afghanistan Under Obama

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/09/11/Mainstream-Media-Ignoring-Increase-In-Deaths-Wounded-In-Afghanistan-Under-Obama

Why didn't Obama just end the war? Media just ignores how much damage has been done in Egypt, Libya, Iraq, and Afghanistan. We now face the possibility that all 4 countries go the way Iran has.

And for those "politically correct" folks that call conservatives racists...Obama administration covers this well...I thought they'd been telling us they were White Tea Partiers.

http://dcclothesline.com/tag/shooters/

“FBI Most Wanted Terrorists”…30 Muslims and 2 Progressive Liberals. NO Right-Wing Patriots.
keycocker

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next story on that page explains that the Homeland Security war on terrorists is a hoax to cover up the real targets who are American Patriots.

I browsed the Breitbart site too and found an article saying that President Johnson drunkenly boarded a plane full of nuclear weapons and dropped them on America, but they failed to go off.

I notice that when Breitbart filmed a man at Acorn assuring them he would help them with prostitutes, the frightened clerk called the police as they left the office. Breitbart edited the story to leave that fact out and ran it for fools like Iso.
The Breitbart people paid the guy $100,000 to settle the fraud.
These guys are real heros and Patriots. I think I need a shower.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 66 of 277

Jump to: