myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
wind drought

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuzieQ

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: wind drought Reply with quote

Dear Dr. Freud,
I keep having this recurring dream....It is windy and all my friends are sailing but I just can't seem to get on the water. Either I have forgotten my wet suit, or i am being held captive at work and cannot escape. Last nite, I was on the third floor of a buidling and could look down and see the wind blowing, could even see what size sails everyone was rigging ! But I couldn't find the stairs!! Help!! What do you think this means?????
RickCronk

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It means you are not on Cape Hatteras where it has been blowing for three weeks. Cool
jkrouwer

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you notice white caps in films and news clips and think you could be sailing there. I do.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's funny! I have similar dreams when I haven't been on the water for a week or so. I'm guessing that's common among windsurfers. Obviously we are not getting enough! In my professional opinion, Maui or side by side bathtubs must be the answer.
wavedawg

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Summon the Wind Gods this Saturday night at Oceans in Hyannis with free live music from OFF THE LIP ! ! !

Why Wait??? Get onboard & celebrate "Quatro de Mayo" with OFF THE LIP, performing at OCEANS HARBORSIDE RESTAURANT & BAR in Hyannis this SATURDAY, MAY 4th at 8:30PM ! ! !
British guitarist/vocalist & veteran Cape Cod windsurfer Steve Askew, drummer Dale Caudle and bassist/vocalist/local surfsailor Mike Leon, aka "The Dawg", will be rockin' the boat at Oceans ! ! ! Catch a wave over to OCEANS, where you can enjoy some fine food, drinks and FREE LIVE MUSIC from OFF THE LIP ! ! ! SATURDAY NIGHT, MAY 4TH, 8:30PM - LATE ! ! ! Clapton, Petty, Stones, Black Keys, ZZ top, Dire Straits, Billy Idol, Clash & much more ! ! !
A rockin' groove that'll make you move ! ! !
FREEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! FUN ! ! ! ! "Quatro De Mayo - because you shouldn't have to wait to have fun!!!"
Oceans is on the Hyannis waterfront, on Ocean Ave, across from the HyLine ferry dock.
bdestef1204

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have similar dreams where I'm rigging, but never seem to make it into the water. Fortunately, I'm leaving tomorrow for a 5 day ABK camp at Avon Very Happy
noshuzbluz

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOLOLOL!
My wife laughs at me every time I tell her about one these dreams. It's whitecaps everywhere but I can't find either my gear or sailin' buds. I did happen to sail maybe twice out of ten of these dreams and it was way cool. Ocean rollers and extremely vivid.
No, the sheets were'n't wet when I woke up! Embarassed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: