myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
ARCHIVE: Where We Sailed Today, Thread Part I.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 413, 414, 415 ... 425, 426, 427  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windward1

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Pleasure Point Reply with quote

Sailed Pleasure Point today. Sailed my Techno 283 and 6.5 Ezzy Freeride. Way overpowered as the wind was blowing well over 20 knots inside the kelp even though only 14 to 16 mph had been predicted. My JP FSW was home waiting for the epoxy to cure that was applied to patch some dings. Had to decide whether to rig down or sail downwind a bit. Sailed to east of 38th Avenue and the wind was lighter there although very up and down. Re-rigging would have cost time and I did not want to miss the good wind which so rarely visits this place. The wind did die after about an hour and a half.

One side benefit of sailing in Monterey Bay not too far from shore is I have been able to wear a shortie for the last two sessions. Certainly feels more free and so easy to get into and out of. This is not Kanaha, I know, but it is about 2300 miles closer.
NickB

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the angulo info windward. I've been tempted by the purchase of a windsup for a while and the angulo gu'd 10'10 seems like a good contender, I like that you can put a two-bolt base on it. I'm teaching my 8 y.o. to windsurf this summer, so far I've been renting at boardsports here and it's great, but if he turns out to get into it, this could be a board he could grow into with a kid rig, while being a new light wind toy for me too Wink
windoggi

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berkeley today. Bow Wow Wow!
dvCali

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Crissy 5/9 Reply with quote

Out all afternoon at Crissy just powered with my new 4.3 Firelight. A 5.0 would have been better but I wanted to try the sail. I was just powered when outside but still a lot of fun in the mega-chop. Laughing

Last edited by dvCali on Sun May 12, 2013 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total
bert

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Palo Alto Reply with quote

Was actually headed to Dumbarton Bridge for an early afternoon session only to find out they've permanently fenced the north side of the bridge Crying or Very sad I'll miss the place as I've had many memorable and not so memorable sessions there. I cut my teeth learning the sport at Dumbo back in the late 80's..sigh. went to Palo Alto instead and it was quite good (4.7/85L) until my harness bar broke in half..WTF!!
windoggi

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was 18 when I got out of the water yesterday, 62 when I got out of bed this morning.
carl

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Palo Alto Reply with quote

bert wrote:
Was actually headed to Dumbarton Bridge for an early afternoon session only to find out they've permanently fenced the north side of the bridge Crying or Very sad I'll miss the place as I've had many memorable and not so memorable sessions there. I cut my teeth learning the sport at Dumbo back in the late 80's..sigh. went to Palo Alto instead and it was quite good (4.7/85L) until my harness bar broke in half..WTF!!

Bert,
Didn't you say that last time cops asked you to leave that parking lot next to the bridge? I bet they're more worried about some nutcase planting a device in a car that would take out the bridge, than you sailing there.

I never sailed there, mostly because it looked lonely and not in the best of neighborhoods. It looked like a good launch though. Too bad.
dvCali

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Coyote 5/10 Reply with quote

After a great Thu at Crissy decided to migrate south while the city is under the "summer" fog blanket. Wonderful day at Coyote: steady strong 5.0 conditions in the channel, great rolls with little chop and there even was a lonely freighter passing by (a reminder of Crissy?). Still going strong when I left at 5:30.

Last edited by dvCali on Sun May 12, 2013 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total
kevinkan

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The North Tower was going off on Friday. Some murderous chop on the way, but once there it was smooth swell on 4.2/85. Fantastic day!
https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
windward1

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Natural Bridges Reply with quote

Natural Bridges came through again today (Saturday). About eight folk out. 4.2 s to 5.0 s. Well I had a 6.5 until I ditched it and the big board for a 4.7 and the JP FSW. Sometimes pays not to be the early rigger. Wind came up to 25 mph.

Sailed Pleasure Point yesterday on my Angulo Gu'd and a the 6.5 Ezzy. Had fun on the little south swell coming in. Besides watching out for surfers there was a free diver out there. He had a little float the size of a bean bag, but no flag. Had to look for him as one does for whales. Look for the flukes and the blows.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 413, 414, 415 ... 425, 426, 427  Next
Page 414 of 427

Jump to: