myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
ARCHIVE: Where We Sailed Today, Thread Part I.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 411, 412, 413 ... 425, 426, 427  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Third Reply with quote

Always a gift when I can get a 4.7/80L session. I was pleasantly surprised to get that at Third this Monday because of the wind prediction. Blew about 23 at the channel around 2 with nasty flood chop. No problem.., my 80L Realwind ate thru the chop like Pacman eating pellets. Nothing like a good skinny old school board.
mch13

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Third Reply with quote

bert wrote:
No problem.., my 80L Realwind ate thru the chop like Pacman eating pellets. Nothing like a good skinny old school board.

Bert, I know what you mean. I love my 90L Realwind in the Bay for the same reason!
windward1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Pleasure Point Reply with quote

Sailed Pleasure Point late today (Monday). I love that place. Haven't gone there in a long, long time as the conditions are rarely right and when they are, it may not last long. So I happened to be driving by and lucked out.

The wind was southeast blowing about fourteen to eighteen most of the session. Swell was coming in from both the south and wrapping around into the bay from the northwest, which made for interesting terrain at times. The kelp bed is already thick and eliminated the wind waves except the wavelets from the wind inside the kelp that lets your board make that neat t-t-t-t-t-t-t- sound as you plane at good speed to get back to the take off point.

Played on some nice waves. Some were just speed runs. Some runs were from outside of Sewers almost down to The Hook.

I am stoked.

Windward1
windward1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Natural Bridges Reply with quote

Wow. Weird day at NB today. Just as I launched the wind died. I swam the gear out hoping not to get caught in the large sets coming in relatively randomly. No wind. Then the wind came from the east. Sailed out with it until it quit which was in a few minutes. Then gusts from the west so you would go from 0 to 18 immediately, that would then last ten seconds and drop to ten mph. Just tried to get back in with what west wind there was and it died before I got back to the beach. Swimming it all in, I almost made it in between sets. I said almost. Just before reaching the beach I got caught. Busted the board, ripped out the mast box and split the board up the middle. Sail was trashed. Ripped along a batten and down the luff. Also ripped along the leach.

Looking at the Long Marine wind graph later I see I was caught by a very unusual mid-day lull. Paid a big price for not reading the conditions and signs correctly. Sigh......

Windward1
bert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Oyster Reply with quote

Had another good 4.7 session today from 1:30 to 3. This time it was at Oyster Point. Took out a bigger board (90L) just in case I needed to uphaul by Genentech, however, the wind was good from launch to Flying Tigers. Wind was especially steady and strong at Tigers with occasional small chop and by 3 pm, a 4.2m sail would have worked.
dvCali

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:57 am    Post subject: Coyote 4/30 Reply with quote

Coyote again waiting for Crissy to do something other than blowing 15 knots for 4 hundred yards at the north tower. But Coyote had another very nice day with 4.7, just powered. Very Happy Died early at 5 pm and back out with a 6.0 but still on 85L, was not enough should have taken the 1000L. Embarassed
SPQR

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dam Windward 1, that sucks. Which board was that? Bert - last year PA Mudog (I think) and friends cleaned out the trash at Tigers, did you see any obstacles? Do you ever launch at Haskins or just at Oyster Point? I've been thinking of sailing Tigers but am always wary of shopping carts and debris in the spring.
bert

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Oyster Reply with quote

SPQR wrote:
Dam Windward 1, that sucks. Which board was that? Bert - last year PA Mudog (I think) and friends cleaned out the trash at Tigers, did you see any obstacles? Do you ever launch at Haskins or just at Oyster Point? I've been thinking of sailing Tigers but am always wary of shopping carts and debris in the spring.

No, I saw no carts or obstacles and I sailed at low tide, but I usually sail high and away from Haskins. I haven't sailed from Haskins for a couple of years. I prefer Oysters as the rigging area is by far the best in the Bay and a ramp was built specifically for windsurfers.

bert
bert

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Treasure Island Reply with quote

Sailed Treasure on Wed. at 1 pm. 4.7/90L with a pointer fin. Seems like its always low tide and flooding more often than not doesn't it?. Serious voodoo chop close to the island. No problem going upwind and I attempted to get close to the Ferry Building..,not possible with the wind shadow from the City. Fell in and had to uphual. Came in after an hour and I swear, it saps more energy out of you just to get in and out of the launch cove. They should have placed the frickin ramp 30 yards further downwind Sad
radross

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, TI is no fun, and the parking is lousy too. Wink On the other hand, some consider it a viable option as a place to spend their retirement years. Shocked
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 411, 412, 413 ... 425, 426, 427  Next
Page 412 of 427

Jump to: