myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
the big lie "the media is liberal"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pueno

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Fick-shun wrote:

Disagreement drives compromise, which is usually a good thing. Bill Clinton saw that, and you can bet your ass he has tried -- futilely, so far -- to sway Barack Obama to consider that lesson.

Go ahead Mikey. Make a claim that Obama won't compromise.

I dare you.
mogunn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikey dear, for your perusal ...

Quote:
Diagnostic criteria for 301.81 Narcissistic Personality Disorder
From the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, fourth Edition. Copyright 1994 American Psychiatric Association
A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following: 
1] has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements) 
2] is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love 
3] believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions) 
4] requires excessive admiration 
5] has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations 
6] is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends 
7] lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others 
8] is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her 
9] shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

It's numbered point by point -- just the way you like it.

Rolling Eyes

boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice post....I think a few of the cats on these pages are guilty of #4.
johnl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
johnl wrote:
Don't worry I am not taking Isobars side.

1. He has dug his own grave ...

2. BUT I am FED UP with the racist BS.

3. I have NOT seen [isobars] throw race out there on a regular basis.
]

1. Please tell me how I've dug my own grave regarding race (or any other issue*).

3. Neither you nor anyone else can find even ONE racist or bigoted comment or implication I have ever posted online or stated in person. It's not in me. I'll peer under the shields for a while to give the outcasts their chance to present their best evidence. I'll consider addressing anything credible, but the usual stupid stuff written by idiots for idiots is not worth any effort.

Geeze Mike, this will be easy....

1. Digging Graves. You have done that by offending and arguing with the majority of the people on this forum. You have been banging your head against the wall for so long you probably don't even realize you are doing it. You are NOT going to convince the people here on the forum of anything yet you try and try and try. Digging your own grave.....

3. I said I have not seen you throw race out there on a regular basis. I actually can't think of a single time, BUT since I have a life I have not read every single post you have written. So I can't say you never have or else somebody else online here with no life will dig through all your posts and come up with something that might qualify and throw it in my face.

Personally I can't believe you spend this much time trying to convince this group of your ideas/politics. Very simliar to the poor Students for the Republican Party at UC Berkeley. I loved them, but they never had a chance in hell of convincing people of their views on the campus.

One of the nice things about this country is that you can have YOUR views, and voice them freely. But so does everybody else. This is one of the things that annoys me greatly about his group. If you don't agree with their views, then some how you don't have the freedom to voice them and instead they use stuff such as playing the race card. Very sad.

There are people in this country who voted for Obama because they are black and he is black and for no other real reason. There are also people in this country who voted against him because they were white and for no other real reason. They are BOTH racists. However that is not the same as now saying if I don't agree with how he wants to run this country that I am ONLY saying that because he is black. I personally have a very low opinion of him as a man based on several things he has done and said. That is my right. But I'm sure not going to try to convince the people here. And why should I since they are entitled to their views just as well. I would rather "agree to dissagree".

Personally I think the forums here at IWindsurf should be ONLY windsurfing related posts and all other posts censored. This would remove 99% of the problems here..... Then again I wouldn't get to see Mo's cartoons.....
johnl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck if you want to be entertained, watch this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpHOaW99ST4&list=UUzUV5283-l5c0oKRtyenj6Q
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here a problem John. If race is a legitimate issue in a political debate between two people, and you "play the race card", the entire argument is diffused. It's a blanket condemnation of something that might be quite important....the term race card is ridiculous. Question :if a black man votes for a black man based on race, how is that racist? sounds crazy.
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the info we have on all those things you mentioned came from the media, so I guess they must have been covering it.
pueno

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnl wrote:
Heck if you want to be entertained, watch this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpHOaW99ST4&list=UUzUV5283-l5c0oKRtyenj6Q

Good one, John. It is entertaining. It's laughable.

Your video is a measure of audience intelligence, knowledge, education, and awareness.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnl wrote:
Digging Graves. You have done that by offending and arguing with the majority of the people on this forum. ... You are NOT going to convince the people here on the forum of anything yet you try and try and try. Digging your own grave.....

*I* have offended them? You're kidding, right? Once again, anyone offended by direct factual observation of their behavior should reconsider their behavior. Similarly, anyone making frequent false personal attacks on others should reconsider breathing.

It takes two sides to argue. I ignore hundreds of blatant opportunities every month, including several just within the past couple of hours while watching for the slightest evidence or even rational accusations, let alone proof, that I've ever uttered any racist or bigoted comments.

If defending the precepts that made this country so great (e.g., capitalism, self reliance, honesty, adult dialogue) offends someone,
a) they need to consider moving to a country more in line with their ideals. Cuba, Sweden, the old USSR, and China should suit them fine.
b) Great! It means I'm doing my job well.

Where besides the Liberal Manifesto is it written that defending conservative values is "digging a grave" but personally and falsely attacking conservatives and their beliefs is rational and acceptable?

johnl wrote:
I can't say you never have [posted racist comments].

I can say it, because it never happened, not once, in over 20,000 posts. Save your time.

johnl wrote:
Personally I can't believe you spend this much time trying to convince this group of your ideas/politics. Very simliar to the poor Students for the Republican Party at UC Berkeley. ... they never had a chance in hell of convincing people of their views on the campus.

So they should just STFU and quit trying, as the Left wants? Do you have any idea how dead set this nation was against the Revolutionary War, or how the far left wants that to happen today? Hell, our buddy Obama has done his very best to shut down the only major TV network that dares challenge him, and top tier Democrat Congressmen continue to try to shut down any talk radio hosts right of Air America.

johnl wrote:
One of the nice things about this country is that you can have YOUR views, and voice them freely. But so does everybody else. This is one of the things that annoys me greatly about his group. If you don't agree with their views, then some how you don't have the freedom to voice them and instead they use stuff such as playing the race card. Very sad.

Both sides are welcome to their opinions. Neither is entitled to make up its own facts. I long ago gave up thinking this group would ay any attention to proven facts or sound logic; virtually their only response is dodging the topic, fart jokes, or advocating killing full term breathing babies because that's what the mother wants. Most of my continued but greatly reduced participation in the political threads is to highlight their idiocy to rational readers, to codify my own thoughts on issues, and just to write.

johnl wrote:
Personally I think the forums here at IWindsurf should be ONLY windsurfing related posts and all other posts censored. This would remove 99% of the problems here..... Then again I wouldn't get to see Mo's cartoons.....

Mo is indeed extremely talented. It's too bad she apparently confines her posts and cartoons to libel and BS, since at least the mid-90s. It will bite her in the butt in court some day. I came to iW expressly because it claims to be moderated. Its only known moderator is a self-described far lefty, and the parent corporation isn't smart enough to realize that they will be a co-defendant when someone sues Mo or any of her clones here. And, no, banning politics here won't cure the problem; it will just reduce it. Look how upset some of these people get when their decree that only they know "the right way" to windsurf is challenged by successful alternatives. A frustrated Navy Captain ordered me to STFU because I wouldn't cave in to a sailor who insisted that the only way to weight the mast step was to walk forward and step on it.
windoggi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Ritalin is really working for you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 49 of 277

Jump to: