myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
the big lie "the media is liberal"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pueno wrote:
johnl wrote:
pueno wrote:

You are nothing more than a racist Obama-hater, plain and simple.

Quite frankly I'm tired of this raciest BS. I can't stand the ground Obama walks on but it has NOTHING to do with his race it has EVERYTHING to do with him as a man and as a President. I'm quite offended to be considered a racist because I disagree with the president and his views. Pueno you can shove your "racist" comments up YOUR racist ass...

You don't like what I say? You think I'm a racist because I support Obama? Tough shit.

You assert your freedom of speech but find fault with mine. You're as laughably pig-headed as Mikey. Laughing

No actually I think you are an ass who throws out the race card without any idea what racist is. It is NOT disagreeing with the President that is our RIGHT as US citizens regardless of the color of that presidents skin.

THIS is freedom of speech not just getting to say what YOU think. I don't have a problem with free speech and in FACT professionally supported even when they said things I completely disagreed with.

What does offend me is this race card BS and will use my freedom of speech to speak out against that.
pueno

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnl wrote:

What does offend me is this race card BS and will use my freedom of speech to speak out against that.

Pretty funny, actually.

Mikey -- and you by admission, apparently -- without careful analysis, dislike everything possible about Obama and what he does.

Let me think (scratching chin...)... what's the significant difference between Obama and his predecessor? A predecessor who's demonstrably intellectually limited when compared to Obama.

Yet you guys still contrive reasons to denigrate Obama.

What is the difference? (And keep in mind that Obama has pushed many of the same ideas and programs originated by republicans -- so it's not really a political difference.)

Question: Could that difference that offends you be race?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most consevatives don't think Bush was a good president. As a matter of fact, he should have been done with Afghanistan in 1-2 years, and never put boots on the ground in Iraq.

Obama has followed with many of Bush's policies, and amplified government intrusion. Obama may be smarter than Bush. However he has gleefully embraced a new oligarchy. He removed Mobarik from Egypt, who has been replaced by islamists, N Korea threatens us, Iran firing missles with impunity, and Napolitano with her $trillion budget cannot stop terrorism, while little old ladies are strip searched at airports....

Where is the media in all of this? Smoking dope?
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree. I've never met a conservative who said Bush was a bad president, and I work in an office that is 95% Repub.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnl wrote:
Don't worry I am not taking Isobars side.

1. He has dug his own grave ...

2. BUT I am FED UP with the racist BS.

3. I have NOT seen [isobars] throw race out there on a regular basis.
]

1. Please tell me how I've dug my own grave regarding race (or any other issue*). Unless someone rational can do so, I'd say all the gravedigging has been done by the far left, in an attempt to "push the conservative" into it. Only fools are fooled by that.

2. I got fed up with it when Wardog began it nearly two decades ago. Since then it has become just so much meaningless noise, the Left's ultimate substitute for rational discourse.

3. Neither you nor anyone else can find even ONE racist or bigoted comment or implication I have ever posted online or stated in person. It's not in me. I'll peer under the shields for a while to give the outcasts their chance to present their best evidence. I'll consider addressing anything credible, but the usual stupid stuff written by idiots for idiots is not worth any effort.

* If my studied stances on soldiers or any other first responders deserving their benefits, on deliberate welfare abuse, on our being told there's only one way to windsurf, on the Nanny State, on AGW's relatively low priority, on exercise physiology, on self defense and self reliance, or on many other topics have "dug a grave", this group is even more close-minded than I thought.
pueno

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
Smoking dope?

The ones smoking dope are the ones who think Bush was president.

Bush was a puppet figurehead, while Cheney and the neo-cons ran rampant over human rights and the Constitution.
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a bit of reflection, I will offer both mrgybe and Bard my apology for my over zealous stance on the late abortion issue. While I don't think I was wrong on which side we all stand on a woman's right to chose and the reasons for it, I got a bit carried away in my zeal. Looking back, mrgybe didn't raise the topic, and that's an important point, as I treated him as if he did. I have to admit to being under a lot of pressure in the days preceding my responses, and I guess was wound up and needed to let off some steam. Again, my apologies for getting carried away.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
you'll see how black folks were comfortable in Southern California, but how dispicably they were treated in other locals. I too remember Los Angeles in the 60's as a peaceful and clean city. It is no longer either. It has everything to do with lack of culture, and nothing to do with race. I had Asian, Black, and Hispanic friends when I grew up. They were all well dressed and good mannered. This was a cultural norm in the 60's

I grew up in a tiny deep south town before integration. I'll never know for a fact whether it was due to oppression or to their true cultural nature, but the many Negroes -- face it; that's what they were properly and commonly called then -- I knew personally were among the finest, most sociable, honest, most hard-working group of people I ever knew then. Exposure to people like made me consciously proud of my childhood heritage and the privilege of growing up around people like that with parents who never as much as thought about skin color or country of origin.

Then in 1960 I moved to the "Big City" of Montgomery for my senior year in high school. What a major eye-opener that was, despite my total ignorance of politics of any sort then (and for most of the next 30+ years).

Fast forward to the 21st century, in which I get the same feeling about the many immigrants or recent descendants thereof, many of whom I'm certain are here illegally, I am surrounded by every day downtown and where I windsurf. Once again, I have never seen such a consistently NICE, hard-working, motivated, family-oriented group of people. In that way they strike me as a darker-skinned version of Mormons, and that's a compliment to both groups. Their behavior is just too consistently far too superior to that of the jerks in this forum for me to believe it's due to oppression; it HAS to be in their culture ... gang bangers and drug cartels notwithstanding. I'd trust my home or my wife to most of them long before I would to any of the people on my killfile list.

Just one example is the long lines that form in the early evening at the park facilities where I usually sail. They're mostly migrant workers just out of the orchards, dog tired after having gotten up off the ground to go to work long before dawn and picking fruit for 12 hours, eager to get cleaned up and go to sleep. I honestly don't know whether to be humbled, or embarrassed, when they invite me to go to the front of the line. Humbled, if they really are that more generous than the average "American"; embarrassed, if they are so browbeaten by "my fellow Americans" that they feel compelled to suck up to me. I'm damned sure few of my "look-alikes" (not in uniform) would work so damned hard or be so culturally polite.

Most of the people in these political threads are just the opposite, and that, too, has to be cultural. It's too endemic to be anything else.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnl wrote:
... disagreeing with the President ... is our RIGHT as US citizens regardless of the color of that presidents skin.

THIS is freedom of speech not just getting to say what YOU think. I don't have a problem with free speech and in FACT professionally supported even when they said things I completely disagreed with.

I doubt it's worth the effort. The idiots who pay any attention to it are lost-cause far left ideologues who just have nothing left in their debate rulebook.

And voicing our disagreement with any government official goes beyond a right; it is a duty if we're to moderate our government away from either fringe.For my 5 years in the USAF in Albuquerque I drove to work past a small throng of protesters whining about the military and its many highly diverse weapons-oriented missions on that base. Fine, I thought; here we have both extremes ... a good step towards defining the boundaries between which our society needs to operate. The same concept applies here in the PacNW, where the forces that helped win WW II oppose the zero-tolerance nuts who demand that not one warm molecule ever be allowed to reach the Columbia River. Even if the latter were possible, it would cost more than the GDP of Planet Earth over 50 years.

Disagreement drives compromise, which is usually a good thing. Bill Clinton saw that, and you can bet your ass he has tried -- futilely, so far -- to sway Barack Obama to consider that lesson.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
Where is the media in all of this? Smoking dope?

Probably; it's a Lefty kind of thing, and 95% of national-level journalists are self-avowed Democrats or liberals.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 48 of 277

Jump to: