myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
ARCHIVE: Where We Sailed Today, Thread Part I.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 408, 409, 410 ... 425, 426, 427  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
koogzah

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say it with me now, Ah-Lah-Mee-Dah!

I was dialed in on a 3.7. I think the windsurfers outnumbered the kiters today, which is the way it should be. Not often that this site really fires, but it definitely did today. Much respect to the localz.
windyjones

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah-Lah-Mee-Dah! amazing!! Shocked
kevinkan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crissy 4/15

Stacked on 3.7... awesome swell downwind in front of StFYC

Awesome day

https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
ethurlow

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OPed on 4.0 at the coast yesterday. Waves were manageable..... I think because the (onshore/sideshore) wind knocked off the wave tops.

Ernie
dvCali

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Coyote 4/17 Reply with quote

Never trust Crissy too much: after 3 days of super-wind (4.7, 4.2 and oh my, my 3.7 is way too big), I spent yesterday slogging, and today migrated back to Coyote. Good result, instead of slogging I got two straight hours powered up on 4.7, before calling the day Very Happy
dllee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now, for a change of pace....
Rod & Gun Wed. One guy coming in, Bob on 9 and L-10. Formula for you who don't know. Bob might weigh 185 now.
We go out with 7 and 7.5's, course slalom and F-162, both around 160 lbs.
Planing from 5:45 thru 7:30, coming in after the sun got below the office buildings, solid planing 95% of the time. Like gliding over water, 22 mph and flat easy cruising, up to the entrance, down to the actual R&G club, just easy, enjoyable sailing. Readings were 12-17, which most of you know, is always a low reading at R&G.
windward1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Natural Bridges Reply with quote

Was out today (Thursday) starting just after noon when the wind was still below 15 knots. so was on my 7.0. Had fun as the wind came up and stayed with the same setup. Wind got to over 20 knots at times and there was occasional swell to play on.

Tried to sail down wind along West Cliff, but the wind was up and down near shore and I was in the passageway inside the kelp so I could not stay in the sweet spot and had to sail downwind in low wind with the sail 90 degrees for the wind direction. Then when the wind goes up it is difficult to pull that sail in to the higher wind sweet spot and so usually got catapulted.

After a short ways I saw a path out through the kelp so headed out. Doing good weaving through the passage way and going over some lighter kelp at good speed, but the passage way ended with two big thick kelp heads blocking the way. crashed and got tangled as the kelp acted like a kraken wrapping its tentacles this way and that about my body and board. I fought it valiantly and could have put a Norse sword to good use. However, I eventually won without it and body dragged out of the bed to open water.

Up and away I tacked back up the coast to Natural Bridges. Road some more swell and enjoyed the good wind.

Sailed Natural Bridges Sunday and Tuesday with a Ezzy 4.7 and JP FSW. Fun as well. Wind sometimes gusting to 35 knots on the outside.

Lots of sand built in at the beach so the waves break out farther and there is not the usual shore pound that NB is known for.

Windward1
dsgrntlxmply

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:53 am    Post subject: Bodega, Fri. Apr 19 Reply with quote

Anticipating lower wind I put the large board and sails 5.3-7.3 on/in the car.

By the time the water had risen sufficiently it was gusting 29, so I put a lot of downhaul on the 5.3. Typical Bodega: 2:1 gust:lull. Very well powered then it would fall off to a slog. I ended up having to uphaul a couple of times, much easier to do on the larger board.

Two other sailors and some kiters were out. It was a good session.
windward1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Natural Bridges on Saturday 4-20-2013 Reply with quote

Well we had seven (7) windsurfers out at one time at Natural Bridges today. Everything from 4.2 to 7.0. Looked like opening day!

Good to see that many out.
dsgrntlxmply

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Bodega, Sat. Apr 20 PM Reply with quote

6.4 very well powered in the usual wind bands, not quite enough for me to waterstart in the lulls. Got in a little harness practice with yet another variant of the perpetual mishap where I fall off hooked in and cannot unhook once I'm down in the water. Before the mishap I was reminded of why harness is worthwhile, making for a much easier time on my weak side: port tack, pointing a little upwind.

I love this sail: North Volt 6.4. It handles gusts more comfortably than anything else that I've sailed.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 408, 409, 410 ... 425, 426, 427  Next
Page 409 of 427

Jump to: